THURSDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 26F
Low 21F
Bike
  • 25m
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----

Really slow, leisurely bike ride while pulling Chelsea in her chariot.
Visited with my former neighbors and my ex actually invited me over to have a beer, see "the boys" - 2 kitties and 2 goldies, catch up on things, and see the changes that have been made to the house.
Chelsea LOVED to see her boys, and she received lots of kisses from Fletcher, the older goldie.
It was really great to know that the ice has been broken, and that perhaps we can get together from time to time.

Things are holding steady with my back. I go to the MD this morning to plead for more flexeral.

I am also taking gym clothes with me so that I can try out the gym over lunch. Nothing strenuous - either a gentle walk on the treadmill, or maybe try the elliptical, and then some safe core work and stretching. Saturday I am going to a spinning class. I would rather be out on my bike, but I don't trust the potholes, and I also don't want to be 5 miles from home and have my back lock up.

Yes, mom, I will not push myself too hard... I will respect my body's current status, and enjoy what I can do rather than fret over what I cannot do.

• Health data: Sick: 3
Strength
  • 05m

Crunches, cat-cow

• Health data: Sick: 4
Strength
  • 10m

Crunches, cat-cow, stretching

Dr. Scott gave me the green light to start doing crunches - as many, and as often as possible. I also received the green light on walking and a little bit of bike riding.
He also informed me that this type of injury takes 4-6 weeks to heal... and I am 10 days into it...

I started to cut back on my flexeral, and woke up at 4:30 this morning with "butt cramps"... HA! So, I took another flexeral and went back to bed for another 30 minutes. According to Dr. Scott, I should try to take the flexeral in the evening, before bed, and not the other two doses. Of course, if the muscle tightness becomes unmanageable, the key is to relieve the muscle tightness, and I should then take another flexeral.

Through all of this, it finally dawned on me that I have not taken my allergy medication in almost five days... and my allergies are nonexistent... thanks to dramatically reducing the amount of sugar in my diet.

Happy Monday! My back has improved somewhat - enough so that I am going in to work this morning and will not look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I will be catching up on inspires later today. I appreciate the support of everyone!

• Health data: Sick: 5

Yoganerd's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance