Patchy light drizzle
High 58F
Low 49F

Monday - July 14

Sunday - July 13

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m

Slight adjustment to the day's plans. Our neighbors lost a huge limb on one of their trees in the forceful wind last night. So... dressed up as a lumberjack (with steel toe boots) to help chop up the tree, and I was a real lumberjack by using the ladder to get higher up in the tree to fell the upper part of the tree... needed to do the "wedge cut" to direct where the remaining part of the tree would land... most impressive, it landed perfectly!

RR: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=123184

I slept incredibly well last night - go figure! I am stiff this morning, but no unusual pain... don't tell anyone, but my back feels pretty good. I think it helped that I had quality time with my foam roller last night... need to do that again, today.

On tap for today: mow the lawn, miscellaneous house stuff, revel in yesterday's success.

Saturday - July 12

Bike
  • 1h 39m 57s
  • 25.58 miles
  • 15.36 Mi/hr

Unofficial

Run
  • 1h 27m 22s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 14m 05s /Mi

Unofficial

Swim
  • 45m 40s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 03m 02s /100 meters

Unofficial

I successfully completed my first Olympic Triathlon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an INCREDIBLE experience!  I could barely keep the smile off of my face for most of the race.  Yep, I ended up walking 80% of the 10K, but I could care less.  I had a blast, I completed the race, and I am happily exhausted!!

Unofficially, I completed the race in 3:58:46 -  "way back when" I started to think about completing an Oly, my goal was to come in under 4 hours - W00t, W00t!

Photos are in my album:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=9401&photoid=74435

Friday - July 11

I am excitedly nervous about tomorrow's race! I will be leaving work early to head to the Mpls convention center to pick up my race packet!!

Cripes! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! I am having an incredibly difficult time staying focused at work. {staring at the clock, waiting for 1:30 PM}

Thursday - July 10

Alrighty, here is my plan for the weekend, thanks to great advice from Dr. Scott - who reminded me that a DNF is okay. It is acceptable (and intelligent) to stop if I start getting really uncomfortable.

As I recall another BTer stating: DFL > DNF > DNS
So... if it is DNF, it is still better than DNS

This is not my A race for the season, and I have always been of the mindset that this is a warm-up for the Turtleman Oly, in August.

I have made a promise to myself that I will complete the swim and the bike legs, period.
The run is two laps, which gives me the opportunity to assess my physical state between the two laps, to determine whether the second lap is wise.

Wednesday - July 9

Strength
  • 10m

Push-ups
Crunches

It has been a busy, and fun, couple of weeks. I am in the process of moving back in with my honey - amazing what 12+ months of personal growth can do for two people.  It is wonderful to have the "pack" reunited - I missed the house, the boys (two goldies, two kitties), and, obviously, Val. 
She is doing great after having the heart attack, and will be going back to work, next week.  Even though my "vitals" are great (BP, cholesterol, etc.) I have joined her in "heart healthy" eating - including saying good-bye to my beloved cheese {sigh}.  Okay, perhaps once in a while I will indulge, but very rarely. 

I am still a bit up in the air about this weekend's Oly triathlon.  My back is being a bit finicky lately, but I have also been pushing myself a bit more, and also dramatically reduced the amount of ibuprofen that I have been taking, and virtually eliminated the use of flexeral.  I have left a detailed message for Dr. Scott to get his educated opinion, since he has been working with me this whole time.

One of the exciting aspects is that Val and I picked up used, matching 2008 Yamaha Zuma scooters... they are fantastic!!!  I have been commuting to work on mine the past couple of days... what a blast! The previous owners modified a few things - they removed all of the decals, painted the gray parts black, as well as the chrome seat rail... it is a sleek looking machine.  Plus, they adjusted the throttle a bit so this bad boy can almost hit 40 mph!

Tuesday - July 8

The past 5 days were "minimal computer usage" days... I will need to catch up on a few things, hopefully tonight!

Yoganerd's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned