wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Core exercises - PT
Crunches
Push-ups

Sport
  • Rowing
  • 11m

Visibility is a good thing.  Now that I am tracking my food, again, I have realized how much I have deluded myself relative to my caloric intake.  Again, it is all good, quality food, but just too many calories.  What is scary is that I have actually cut BACK on my intake... yikes!  However, the fact that I have dropped some weight and can still take in over 2400 calories/day is good feedback on my metabolic rate.

But, alas, I will need to rethink some of my menu choices the next time that I go shopping.  I just love my nut butters... but, they certainly add some calories! 

• Calories: 2679 From fat:807.47 (92.47g, 30.14%), From Carbs:1528.74 (393.89g, 57.06%), Protein:342.78 (88.32g, 12.8%)

• Calories: 2439 From fat:889.84 (101.31g, 36.48%), From Carbs:1180.23 (302.34g, 48.39%), Protein:368.93 (94.51g, 15.13%)
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

Today was Dawn's birthday so we celebrated by swimming a mile (her longest), and then our other triathlon buddy, Wanda, met us at Dawn's and we grilled out ground chicken burgers. On the way over, I picked up a DQ ice cream cake that had a little girl's "Princess" theme to it, as Dawn is officially the triathlon princess. There was no way that we had room after we ate the burgers, so the cake is being saved for the official birthday party on Saturday (whew!)

I am buckling down on my caloric intake, which has managed to creep up. The quality of the food that I am eating is great, it is just that the calories are higher than I need to ingest.

My clothing is still comfortable, but I really want to compete at a lighter weight (never sub-Athena, however, as that would be physically impossible while maintaining / improving my lean body mass)

Really sobering to start tracking my calories and realizing how many I have been putting into my body and I am trying to be careful today! Yikes!

• Calories: 2728 From fat:903.96 (107.38g, 33.14%), From Carbs:1391.25 (371.83g, 51%), Protein:432.79 (115.67g, 15.86%)
Bike
  • 2h 19m 39s
  • 34.44 miles
  • 14.80 Mi/hr
Sport
  • Tennis
  • 45m

Holy cow!  I went biking with Kat and she was a task-master!  Okay, I DID tell her that I really need to work on my strength on hills... so, with each hill, she firmly told me to NOT downshift unless she told me to do so.  And, our average speed was 16-18 mph, although the overall time does not reflect this because there were portions when we could not do safely more than 10-12 mph.

We stopped at Dunn Brothers for coffee and carbs afterwards and Val saw us when she came home from playing golf.  She scootered over to say hello, and Kat promptly told Val that I was a wuss on hills, and that I kept braking around corners... Of course, Val had to agree that I am "miss safety"  Hey!!!
Okay, fine, they are correct!  I guess I need to live a bit more on the wild side!

Then, Val and I went out to frame some artwork that we have, and then we went out so that I could buy a tennis racquet... I played on the tennis team in high school, as did Val... but my racquet has been long since discarded.  It was a blast to "play" - no sense in keeping score as we were both reacquainting ourselves with the ground strokes!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 30m
Great day of puttering around the yard - mowing, edging, etc.  Then, we scootered up to our favorite butcher shop (brought along ice packs to keep the meat cold) and bought fish, and some nice looking kebabs.  We had Dawn over for dinner - we made vegetable pouches that were grilled, grilled fish, grilled kebabs, fresh fruit for dessert..... mmmmmmmmm.

Sport
  • Home Improvement
  • 2h 30m

HOORAY!  It is before noon and the apartment has been cleaned, keys turned over, final walk through complete!!!  WHEW!

Yup, still need to unpack, but there is not a big hurry for that!

Moving complete.  This morning - quick clean up. 

Sport
  • Home Improvement
  • 10h 30m

Packing / Moving

Today: Vacation day and I will be doing the final packing and moving.  The only thing that will remain in the apartment will be cleaning supplies.  Cleaning will take place tomorrow, Friday.

Yoganerd's Training Log

July 2008 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
       1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31  

Time
    Distance
    Time
    • November's totals