Sunny
High 85F
Low 64F

Monday - July 7

Bike
  • 2h 00m 22s
  • 26.52 miles
  • 13.22 Mi/hr

Ah, felt great to be on the bike. Tried a new route, which was good on the outbound, but a bit weird on the inbound.

Sunday - July 6

Saturday - July 5

Strength
  • 10m

Crunches
Dying Bugs
Push-ups

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 05m

Friday - July 4

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 30m

Happy Independence Day!!! 

Thursday - July 3

Wednesday - July 2

One may call me absolutely insane, but I am going to go forward with next weekend's Olympic triathlon - my first effort at that distance.   I psyched myself up for it while driving over to the massage last night.

1. I was able to swim 1/2 mile with no consequences, and without overwhelming my back.  I have done mile long swims on other occasions, just not in the past few months.  At most, I will put in maybe 400-600 meters within the next 5-7 days, to keep the muscle memory, but not overdo anything.

2. Biking will not be a problem - it is only 26 miles.  I will do a couple of 20-30 milers this weekend (I am off work for the next five days!!) just to make sure the legs are ready to go.

3. Running - that is the challenge.  The two miles I did on Sunday felt great - no consequences.  I reminded myself that I walked half of the run during my first sprint triathlon in 2005.  I am in much better shape, and I WILL be successful next week Saturday.

4. My back IS doing better, and I will be spending plenty of time with my foam roller, epsom salt baths, core work, and stretching this week.  Plus, I scheduled a massage for the Tuesday following the race.

5. Sometimes you just need to suck it up.  I volunteered for this race the last three years - it is now time for me to do it.  I have dreamed of moving up to Olympic distance, and now it is time to make that dream a reality.

6. How else do you get that close to Pro Triathletes?

7. Athena class, baby!!  We and the Clydes start after the Pros and Elite amateurs hit the water

Tuesday - July 1

Swim
  • 23m
  • 800.00 meters
  • 02m 53s /100 meters

Ahhh, it felt GREAT to get back in the pool.  I felt the "pinch" in my lower back, but it eventually went away... and will hopefully not come back with a vengeance.
Breast stroke, only, which is fine by me!

This afternoon, I go see the deep tissue massage therapist... ah, once again... 

Yoganerd's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned