Moderate rain
High 56F
Low 43F
THURSDAY
Patchy light drizzle
High 60F
Low 44F

Tuesday - July 8

The past 5 days were "minimal computer usage" days... I will need to catch up on a few things, hopefully tonight!

Monday - July 7

Bike
  • 2h 00m 22s
  • 26.52 miles
  • 13.22 Mi/hr

Ah, felt great to be on the bike. Tried a new route, which was good on the outbound, but a bit weird on the inbound.

Sunday - July 6

Saturday - July 5

Strength
  • 10m

Crunches
Dying Bugs
Push-ups

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 05m

Friday - July 4

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 30m

Happy Independence Day!!! 

Thursday - July 3

Wednesday - July 2

One may call me absolutely insane, but I am going to go forward with next weekend's Olympic triathlon - my first effort at that distance.   I psyched myself up for it while driving over to the massage last night.

1. I was able to swim 1/2 mile with no consequences, and without overwhelming my back.  I have done mile long swims on other occasions, just not in the past few months.  At most, I will put in maybe 400-600 meters within the next 5-7 days, to keep the muscle memory, but not overdo anything.

2. Biking will not be a problem - it is only 26 miles.  I will do a couple of 20-30 milers this weekend (I am off work for the next five days!!) just to make sure the legs are ready to go.

3. Running - that is the challenge.  The two miles I did on Sunday felt great - no consequences.  I reminded myself that I walked half of the run during my first sprint triathlon in 2005.  I am in much better shape, and I WILL be successful next week Saturday.

4. My back IS doing better, and I will be spending plenty of time with my foam roller, epsom salt baths, core work, and stretching this week.  Plus, I scheduled a massage for the Tuesday following the race.

5. Sometimes you just need to suck it up.  I volunteered for this race the last three years - it is now time for me to do it.  I have dreamed of moving up to Olympic distance, and now it is time to make that dream a reality.

6. How else do you get that close to Pro Triathletes?

7. Athena class, baby!!  We and the Clydes start after the Pros and Elite amateurs hit the water

Yoganerd's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned