reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Pushups and Stretching

Tough workout...intervals.

Achilles seem to be holding up nicely. Continue to work on them, though...stretches and these shoes seem to really have helped out.

Tuesday - April 30

Bike
  • 2h 06m 51s
  • 40.02 miles
  • 18.93 Mi/hr

9PM Awesome ride with McQ. Had a blast catching up and just hanging out. D00d is strong! All that off-road training and racing has made him a beast-o!

Felt kind of tired on the ride today. Glad McQ was there to drag me along.

The last few miles of the SCT (miles 5 through 0) were packed. At times, had to pretty much stop behind groups of ppl. Glad they were out enjoying the day! :)

Monday - April 29

Bike
  • 2h 09m 56s
  • 40.19 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr

Silver Comet Trail

9PM Nice ride with a friend at the SCT. Had a good time out there, riding easy to moderate pace. Really pushed miles 37-40, just to see how it felt. Weather out was de-lish. Really, really enjoyed this ride.

Hope to ride tomorrow again. Planning to leave at 5P from SCT mile 0 for 40.

Sunday - April 28

9PM This hotel's gym SUCKS. All the machines are broken. I set up the trainer in my room, and realized I didn't bring a trainer wheel...only have my Zipps, which I'm not going to use on there. Wahhhhh.

5PM Arrived in Stockbridge for Reserves. 

Man, yesterday after that run, I had a pain on the inside of my foot, arch area...today, it hurts. WTF? I'm falling apart. The thing about this is that it's on the opposite side of the foot I had Achilles trouble with. I wonder if this is b/c of Boston or just a freak thing...

Anyways, will baby it for a few days and see what happens.

Was going to ride at the SCT today, but the weather made me rethink that...Guess I'll check out the hotel gym. I brought my trainer and bike, so if it sucks down there, I'm just going to set up bike in the gym and go at it.

Saturday - April 27

Run
  • 50m 15s
  • 7.02 miles
  • 07m 10s /Mi

Moderate effort run. 

Decided that a run was the order of the day. Wanted to see how the legs felt. All good, with just a small pain in right foot. 

Friday - April 26

Bike
  • 45m 02s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 19.99 Mi/hr

11PM Legs felt good, so I really hammered the intervals. Got the HR way up to 160s, which is a very hard effort for me.

So, going to start back up with the running next week. I'd like to race the 10 miler pretty hard...maybe even beat last year's time. Will be tough, as my training this year has not been as strong as it was last year.

Thursday - April 25

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1950.00 meters
  • 02m 33s /100 meters

Masters swim

Main set:
10x100 @ pace with 10 second rest

7PM Tough effort in the pool today. The main set consisted of 10 x 100 with 10 second rest. Ouch. 

Did the first in 1:30 and knew I had gone out too fast. The rest were between 1:35 an 1:40. It was a battle to stay at that speed for those remaining 9 sets. I guess I'm getting better in the pool, though. I could of NEVER kept that pace up a while back.

Will start back up with running next week.

d00d's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races