Run
  • 47m 30s
  • 6.55 miles
  • 07m 15s /Mi

2 mi wu
4 x (800 hard + 400 ez)
1.5 mi cd

8PM Fairly hard effort today at the track. The heat may have had something to do with it, too.

Hate the WaveRiders at any kind of hard effort. They seem too soft and my foot moves around alot.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1700.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

Masters
Drills and finished with 3 x 300

Run
  • 48m 21s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi
Run with buddies at Ft. Bragg.

Took a few days off, one to travel, one for Mother's day...Starting back up tomorrow.

B2B training starts June 1. W00T!

Bike
  • 2h 19m 07s
  • 40.38 miles
  • 17.41 Mi/hr

Rode the SCT with Doug. It was nice to just chillax, especially after yesterday's ride.

Headed back to NC tomorrow. 

Nice few weeks of training. Not alot of anything else, other than cycling, but it's all good. Really starting to feel good on the P2. 

Bike #1
  • 58m 51s
  • 20.39 miles
  • 20.80 Mi/hr
Bike #2
  • 1h 09m 25s
  • 20.42 miles
  • 17.65 Mi/hr

9PM Blew up in a really bad way today. I was so blown up that I almost called somebody to pick me up at the halfway point b/c I didn't think I could ride the 20 miles back to the start.

So, this is what happened:

At mile 2ish of the SCT, a roadie got on my tail to draft. OK, cool, I was out there to play today, so all good. I pull him along, pretty solid effort, for about 4 miles. Had to stop at a bunch of road crossings, but every time, I'd come out of the saddle and peddle hard to get back up to speed...I could see this guy was done at mile 6 b/c he didn't try to follow me after another crossing, HOWEVER, we passed ANOTHER roadie (Atlanta Cycling Club jersey) and he immediately got on my tail. He yelled, "DRAFT!". I looked around and asked, "BEER?"...he just smiled.

Anyways, for the next few miles, I pulled this guy fairly hard. Way, way harder than I should have. At mile 10, I took a breather, hoping he'd get up front and pull for a while...Nope...OK, fine. After mile 10, I decided that I was going to go pretty hard again. Cranked it up to a hard pace...This guy hung on!

Kept going fairly hard until mile 13, then had to take another breather. Was starting to feel overcooked at this point.

So, I just pedaled moderate pace for the next few miles, just to recover and maybe give the roadie a chance to get up and pull. At mile 17, started to crank it up a little more and more...I was working at a comfortably hard pace. Then, a good spot came up at the end of mile 18. This is a fast part of the SCT. I thought to myself, OK, let's do this...

HAMMER TIME. :)

Cranked it up to a pretty much all out sprint at the midpoint of mile 19 with whatever energy reserves I had left...which weren't much. There was about 1.5 miles left to get to the Tara Drummond turn-around. Those next 1.5 miles were dark...nothing but PAIN, PAIN, PAIN. Mouth wide open, sucking in air and bugs...legs screaming bloody murder....lungs searing hot...Ouch. That hurt...ALOT...and the roadie was still back there.

When we got to the TD stop, the roadie and I talked. He apologized for not pulling (which was really ok, since it was a good workout for me), stated that we were really moving, and he was not sure he could make it back to the start point...hehe. Actually, I wasn't sure I could make it back either. I stopped there for a good 5-10 mins to try to recover. The way back was pretty hard at first, then eased up...

I'm glad nobody else wanted to play.

ETA: The SCT would be so much more awesome if you didn't have to stop at all the darn road crossings!

d00d's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals