reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -
5PM Started to run, but just wasn't feeling it...tired today.

Bike
  • 2h 10m 35s
  • 40.00 miles
  • 18.38 Mi/hr

SCT

10PM Awesome ride today with an army bud!!

We rode easy peasy for the first 16, then a group of 5 roadies came up on us. They got right behind my bud and I. It was strange that they got on our wheels b/c we weren't really going fast. We were just out for a leisurely ride...I took it as they wanted to play...

The pace picked up and my buddy fell to the back of the pace line. I dropped back for a second to check on him and he was fine. After a few seconds, I let my buddy know it was time to "play". I could see Doug was hurting a bit, but he wanted to play, too, and we were only a few miles from the turn around point.

Hammer time! I picked up the pace, moving to the front of the group. I started to crank up the speed, putting my head down, and going hard. I could still hear the roadies behind me, but I never looked back. During the last straight-away, which was about a three quarters a mile from the Tara Drummond trail head, I went pretty much all out.

When we got to the turn around point, I looked behind me and only one guy was there. All the other roadies had fallen back, including my bud. I waited about 15 seconds and they all showed up together. Doug was hurting pretty bad. 

Afterwards, they came over and complimented the strong ride. My bud Doug needed a few mins to catch his breath and we saw the roadies off. They were actually pretty cool. 

Adrenaline rush, baby...that was fun!

Run
  • 40m 26s
  • 5.25 miles
  • 07m 42s /Mi

Treadmill intervals

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Pushups and Stretching

Tough workout...intervals.

Achilles seem to be holding up nicely. Continue to work on them, though...stretches and these shoes seem to really have helped out.

Bike
  • 2h 06m 51s
  • 40.02 miles
  • 18.93 Mi/hr

9PM Awesome ride with McQ. Had a blast catching up and just hanging out. D00d is strong! All that off-road training and racing has made him a beast-o!

Felt kind of tired on the ride today. Glad McQ was there to drag me along.

The last few miles of the SCT (miles 5 through 0) were packed. At times, had to pretty much stop behind groups of ppl. Glad they were out enjoying the day! :)

Bike
  • 2h 09m 56s
  • 40.19 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr

Silver Comet Trail

9PM Nice ride with a friend at the SCT. Had a good time out there, riding easy to moderate pace. Really pushed miles 37-40, just to see how it felt. Weather out was de-lish. Really, really enjoyed this ride.

Hope to ride tomorrow again. Planning to leave at 5P from SCT mile 0 for 40.

9PM This hotel's gym SUCKS. All the machines are broken. I set up the trainer in my room, and realized I didn't bring a trainer wheel...only have my Zipps, which I'm not going to use on there. Wahhhhh.

5PM Arrived in Stockbridge for Reserves. 

Man, yesterday after that run, I had a pain on the inside of my foot, arch area...today, it hurts. WTF? I'm falling apart. The thing about this is that it's on the opposite side of the foot I had Achilles trouble with. I wonder if this is b/c of Boston or just a freak thing...

Anyways, will baby it for a few days and see what happens.

Was going to ride at the SCT today, but the weather made me rethink that...Guess I'll check out the hotel gym. I brought my trainer and bike, so if it sucks down there, I'm just going to set up bike in the gym and go at it.

Run
  • 50m 15s
  • 7.02 miles
  • 07m 10s /Mi

Moderate effort run. 

Decided that a run was the order of the day. Wanted to see how the legs felt. All good, with just a small pain in right foot. 

d00d's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals