reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -
Eh, kind of an easy tempo run...walked the first half mile, then worked up to 6mm, then back down to 8mm. 

Run
  • 15m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 07m 30s /Mi
Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -
5PM Started to run, but just wasn't feeling it...tired today.

Bike
  • 2h 10m 35s
  • 40.00 miles
  • 18.38 Mi/hr

SCT

10PM Awesome ride today with an army bud!!

We rode easy peasy for the first 16, then a group of 5 roadies came up on us. They got right behind my bud and I. It was strange that they got on our wheels b/c we weren't really going fast. We were just out for a leisurely ride...I took it as they wanted to play...

The pace picked up and my buddy fell to the back of the pace line. I dropped back for a second to check on him and he was fine. After a few seconds, I let my buddy know it was time to "play". I could see Doug was hurting a bit, but he wanted to play, too, and we were only a few miles from the turn around point.

Hammer time! I picked up the pace, moving to the front of the group. I started to crank up the speed, putting my head down, and going hard. I could still hear the roadies behind me, but I never looked back. During the last straight-away, which was about a three quarters a mile from the Tara Drummond trail head, I went pretty much all out.

When we got to the turn around point, I looked behind me and only one guy was there. All the other roadies had fallen back, including my bud. I waited about 15 seconds and they all showed up together. Doug was hurting pretty bad. 

Afterwards, they came over and complimented the strong ride. My bud Doug needed a few mins to catch his breath and we saw the roadies off. They were actually pretty cool. 

Adrenaline rush, baby...that was fun!

Run
  • 40m 26s
  • 5.25 miles
  • 07m 42s /Mi

Treadmill intervals

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Pushups and Stretching

Tough workout...intervals.

Achilles seem to be holding up nicely. Continue to work on them, though...stretches and these shoes seem to really have helped out.

Bike
  • 2h 06m 51s
  • 40.02 miles
  • 18.93 Mi/hr

9PM Awesome ride with McQ. Had a blast catching up and just hanging out. D00d is strong! All that off-road training and racing has made him a beast-o!

Felt kind of tired on the ride today. Glad McQ was there to drag me along.

The last few miles of the SCT (miles 5 through 0) were packed. At times, had to pretty much stop behind groups of ppl. Glad they were out enjoying the day! :)

Bike
  • 2h 09m 56s
  • 40.19 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr

Silver Comet Trail

9PM Nice ride with a friend at the SCT. Had a good time out there, riding easy to moderate pace. Really pushed miles 37-40, just to see how it felt. Weather out was de-lish. Really, really enjoyed this ride.

Hope to ride tomorrow again. Planning to leave at 5P from SCT mile 0 for 40.

9PM This hotel's gym SUCKS. All the machines are broken. I set up the trainer in my room, and realized I didn't bring a trainer wheel...only have my Zipps, which I'm not going to use on there. Wahhhhh.

5PM Arrived in Stockbridge for Reserves. 

Man, yesterday after that run, I had a pain on the inside of my foot, arch area...today, it hurts. WTF? I'm falling apart. The thing about this is that it's on the opposite side of the foot I had Achilles trouble with. I wonder if this is b/c of Boston or just a freak thing...

Anyways, will baby it for a few days and see what happens.

Was going to ride at the SCT today, but the weather made me rethink that...Guess I'll check out the hotel gym. I brought my trainer and bike, so if it sucks down there, I'm just going to set up bike in the gym and go at it.

d00d's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
Time
  • December's totals