• 45m 02s
  • 14.00 miles
  • 18.65 Mi/hr

Run
  • 53m 16s
  • 7.01 miles
  • 07m 35s /Mi
Plan: 45 mins Z2 with Z4 effort for 5 mins

Ran a little longer than the plan, but it was mostly easy. I saved the Z4 effort for minute 39-44, then cooled down for the last mile and a half.

So, really nicking to race. Hall pass from wife to do Bandits Challenge Int'l. The race description sounds alot like Beast of the East. Look forward to the challenge.

Run
  • 53m 39s
  • 6.97 miles
  • 07m 38s /Mi
Reserves Weekend

We were let go early today, for Father's Day, and I got home and got a short run in. Plan is to now hang out with my family, cook out, throw frisbees, and the such.

Not a bad first week of training. I missed my volume goal by a few hours, but I'm happy with the effort. Will definitely make an effort to hit the next volume target of 11 hours.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there.

Booked our stay for B2B tonight! We're back at the Sunspree! It's one of our favorite places to stay. I think it's the kids' favorite b/c of the indoor/outdoor pools and the hot tubs located throughout the pool deck. It's one of the wife's favorites b/c of the view. It's one of my favorites b/c the kids eat free. ;)

Bike
  • 1h 59m 36s
  • 38.10 miles
  • 19.11 Mi/hr
Reserve Weekend

Plan to head over to IOS after work and leave from there using one of their routes.

Hope to get in about 50 miles, but it will just be whatever I have time to do. Looks kinda of warm out, but not as bad as the last few days...

-Update-
Stopped by IOS today and they gave me directions for a ride. There was an error with the directions, though, and I ended up in the projects! I back-tracked, looked at the directions again, and YUP, they were wrong!

Made my own ride and rode out by the airport. It was fine. Followed the blue "B" on the road and got in a good ride. I didn't want to risk getting lost and being out there...somewhere in Charlotte, on my bike when it got dark, so I brought it in.

The new saddle is going to take some getting used to, but it's fine. First real ride with it. As for my A2 water bottle...Hating it. I'm going to give it one more chance, then I'm going to try to either return or sell on ebay or something.

Feeling pretty good on the bike. Not a great ride today, but it's b/c of all the lights and stops and wrong turns i made!

My left ankle...feeling something there...I can't tell if it's my Achilles again, or something else. It's very minor, but something to keep an eye on...

Lastly, every time I got stopped at a light, I stopped Garmin. I keep meaning to set it to autostop at lights, but forget to set it. Anyways, started a few times without restarting Garmin. I just took the Elapsed Time and used that, which was spot on to the two hours I was out there.

Run
  • 32m 06s
  • 4.29 miles
  • 07m 28s /Mi
Blisters on the insides of my feet are killing me. Going to skip the run today and just try to run Sunday. Probably going to try a short 1 hour ride later to keep getting used to the new position and saddle, then try to do my long ride tomorrow, after Army Reserves.

-Update-
OK, so I changed my mind and ran easy peasy lemon squeezy. Bandaged blisters up pretty good and went out. Weather was nice.

Reserve weekend. Will try to squeeze in a 2 or 3 hour ride after we get out...if possible.

Run
  • 31m 31s
  • 4.19 miles
  • 07m 31s /Mi
Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters
Terrible run today. Hot, humid, and once I worked up a good lather, the blister spots started to rub. Neither sock nor band-aids helped much. Was going to run 1 hour, but shut it down after 30 mins. No sense in developing an injury in the first week of IM training.

Meh, still have to swim today, so it's hopefully not a total bust of a day.

Had to go in late to work today for a system update later in the day. Went on an early dinner and went to the pool. Perfect time to be there. After 15 mins, had the lane to myself.

500m wu
10 x 50m on 1:00
4 x 25m kick
8 x 25m drill
200m pull bouy
3 x 100m on 2:00
200x cd

Swim
  • 30m 55s
  • 852.83 meters
  • 03m 37s /100 meters
Bike
  • 1h 07m 34s
  • 21.35 miles
  • 18.96 Mi/hr
Had a fit on my tri bike today. I was a little surprised at some of the adjustments we made (raised the aerobars one spacer, adjust cleat). Also, changed out the fizik saddle and replaced with an Adamo TT.

B/c the fam is out of town, went to the pool after work. It was pretty crowded, so I only did 30 mins, then bailed.

Got home and went on an EASY ride tonight. Really tried to keep the cadence up and the effort a tad below moderate. The new saddle will take some adjusting. Also, I felt I had no power, but it could just be from yesterday's hard effort.

BTW, a roadie came up from behind me today and he was haulin'. He turned around and thought I was going to draft off him, but I just smiled and waved back. He then peeled off and I kept going.

d00d's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2014 totals