Sunny
High 64F
Low 44F
Bike
  • 1h 00m 12s
  • 15.75 miles
  • 15.70 Mi/hr
---
Storm last night kept me up most of the night. Kids and dog were scared and kept coming into room. Bagged morning trainer and just did it at the gym.

This w/o really hurt. 4 sets (3x 2min hard/1min recovery) followed by a tough 6 min climb simulation. During this whole workout, seconds seemed like minutes. Legs are toast.

Run
  • 53m 40s
  • 7.05 miles
  • 07m 36s /Mi

Treadmill

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2194.56 meters
  • 02m 04s /100 meters
---
Easy run this morning. Set the pace at 7:35 and just rolled with it.

As I was running this morning, I started to think a little about Texas. The bike has been the focus so far, as it should be, but I couldn't shake the notion that I need to be running more...I feel that it's my strength, and I've subscribed a bit to the "work your weakness" theory, but I think I'm going to get serious about increasing running volume, to work on my strength.

Not so concerned with the super duper long run, though...

Bike
  • 1h 01m 30s
  • 16.05 miles
  • 15.66 Mi/hr
Run
  • 50m 15s
  • 7.01 miles
  • 07m 10s /Mi
---
Very hard to get on the bike this morning. Sinuses feel ready to explode and just not feeling great in general. Knocked out the workout, then had some errands to run.

Ran a few hours later, choosing a harder, more uphill route. Felt good, although it was cold and windy, and finished up just as the wife got back from her errands.

Leaving for Augusta on Friday evening...I'm hoping to get at least 14 hours this week (aiming for 15), but that may be really tough with the travel, Reserves, and everything else.

Run
  • 1h 22m 05s
  • 11.12 miles
  • 07m 22s /Mi
---
Easy does it. Goal was to keep pace between 7:20-7:30.

For some reason, HRM was jacked up for the first 2 miles. Seems to be happening every time I use it...

Feeling pretty good this week. Reduced volume, reduced intensity...ahhhh. Going to pick it up tomorrow with a solid workout.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 45.22 miles
  • 15.07 Mi/hr
Run
  • 17m 25s
  • 2.42 miles
  • 07m 11s /Mi

Brick

---
Three hour ride today. Goal was to maintain around 85% FTP. Tough, but got it done. The first three intervals were not bad, but the last four were much tougher. Very hard mentally to keep up the intensity. Did a short (timed) 2 minute transition, changing everything but tri shorts, then went out for a short run afterwards. Was a little surprised at how shot the legs felt, but they felt fine after a few mins. I was not ready for the cold rain and wind, though. Made it back and hands were so numb I couldn't feel them.

Plan is to run tomorrow, sometime after lunch.

Dropped training load this week to the 10 hour range. Plan is to get back up to 14 next week, but that may be really tough as I'm headed to Augusta for three weeks of Army Reserves.

Run
  • 55m 17s
  • 8.05 miles
  • 06m 52s /Mi

2@7:40; 2@7:20; 1@7; 2.55@6:45 down ; 0.5@7:30

---
Plan is to run today. Pool is closed. Bah.

-Update-
Treadmill run. McQ motivated me to throw in some hard efforts. Miles 5-7.5 were easy to almost all out...It actually felt great to run hard for once.

Pool opened up after all...Oh well. one week out of the pool isn't going to kill me.

Because the snow put a big damper on training this week, going to hit it kind of hard this weekend. Tomorrow, riding 3 with a 30 min run.

Bike
  • 1h 30m 05s
  • 24.19 miles
  • 16.11 Mi/hr
---
Conditions out are as treacherous as I've ever seen. Ice everywhere, light mist getting everything wet, and temps only rising up a few degrees above freezing...Everything will be covered in ice later this evening, tonight, and tomorrow morning. Awesome.

Trainer, trainer, trainer....after lunch.

-Update-
Lots of snow and ice...so, trainer.

Going to work tomorrow, so will try to get an early run and a swim. If the pool is closed, will play it by ear.

Planned to reduce volume this week, but this is ridiculous...

d00d's Training Log

February 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals
  • October's totals