Train harder that you trained yesterday!

Monday - May 11

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

200 breast
200 free
4 * 100 free
400 free
200 breast

Bike
  • 47m 06s
  • 14.87 kms
  • 18.94 KM/hr

Little ride with my wife, her first ride of the year

Today I will hit the pool during lunch break, and that is about it. Oh I almost forgot, I will suffer on the foam roller too at some point ;)

Sunday - May 10

Bike
  • 2h 25m 46s
  • 70.52 kms
  • 29.03 KM/hr

It never really warmed up, but a guy has to do what he has to do ;)

As soon as it warms up I will get out and ride. I hope the ITB won't get pissed at me on the bike too!

Saturday - May 9

Swim
  • 25m
  • 750.00 meters
  • -----

I swam around 25 minutes and according to google map more or less 750 meters. Water was freezing, I'd say 55 maybe. The worst was my face, it was really cold the first time I put it in the water.

I am not sure if it's because the water was cold or because I was swimming faster than usual but I had way less breath than I normally do while swimming.

Run
  • 1h 45m
  • 17.75 kms
  • 05m 55s /KM

Long run moved from tomorrow to today since I anted to go swim OW this afternoon and I wanted to have a long ride tomorrow. Lets see if I will get everything done now ;)

The ITBand made itself clear that it was still unhappy with last week PR :p

Here's a pic from the OWS. You can look in my album to see more of them :)

Friday - May 8

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • -----

200 breast
6 * 200 free
200 breast

As much as I like being in the pool that early, the day seems a bit longer :p

Thursday - May 7

Run
  • 50m 20s
  • 8.45 kms
  • 05m 58s /KM

Little run to test the legs after Sunday's

I am happy with the legs but my left knee did hurt for the entire run, I am not happy about this. I will call and see my PT ASAP, this knee has to be back in business fast, I have a race next week :p

Wednesday - May 6

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 2200.00 meters
  • -----

Masters

As most of you know this year will be my first year as a Triathlete, I am really thrilled about this. Every time I go out for a run, a ride of a swim I am always greatfull that I can do this, that I have the chance to get out and enjoy this wonderful sport that we all love so much. 
For the second year in a row I decided to raise money for Leucan, a charity that helps the kids who have cancer. They help them and their familly to go through the sickness with different activities, they give money to the research and a lot of other things.
Today a guy with who I am working came to my office and gave me a cheque, with a really good amount of money. He then told me "Please remember Marie-Christine East when you will be out there training and racing, she died a couple years ago from Leucemia" She was his niece and she died 3 years ago, I have been really touched by this and she will be on my mind when I will be out there racing and training.
I have been raising money for Leucan for two years now, and I know that what I do helps others and I am proud of it. But it was the first time that someone that I know told me that a kid close to him had had the cancer, and that sadly she died.
Marie-Christine East, you'll be on my mind and you will be remembered.

Tuesday - May 5

Bike
  • 1h 44m 10s
  • 47.77 kms
  • 27.52 KM/hr

Went out to test the legs and see if I could get back into training. I feel good, now lets see how the knee will feel.

Today should be a ride after work, if the weather decides to go bad I will do a short run instead to get those legs moving a bit ;)

rlejeune's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races