Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Walked the dog

I will hit the pool at some point today, then who knows

I finally got really busy at work and there was no way I could get out at lunch for a swim. New plan is to go for a walk with the dog in a few. 

Bike
  • 3h 32m 51s
  • 100.06 kms
  • 28.21 KM/hr

Damn I thought I was about to die by the end, not enough nutrition!

My race report from yesterday's triathlon is up :) 

Run #1
  • 04m 52s
  • 0.90 kms
  • 05m 25s /KM

Little warm up

Bike #1
  • 07m 58s
  • 4.15 kms
  • 31.26 KM/hr

Warm up

Swim #1
  • 08m
  • 300.00 meters
  • 02m 40s /100 meters

Warm up

Swim #2
  • 14m 27s
  • 750.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

Swimming should be around 14:00, will correct as I get the official time

Bike #2
  • 34m 21s
  • 20.00 kms
  • 34.93 KM/hr

This one include up to my rack, I forgot to lap :p

Run #2
  • 22m 11s
  • 5.00 kms
  • 04m 26s /KM

The 5km time

I am back :) Official times are not up yet but it was around 1:13:00 
As soon as I will have two minutes I will reply to inspire and write my RR. thank you everyone for your cheering, it helped a lot!

Here are the time for my bike and run, I don't have the official on yet so as soon as I have them I will adjust them to take into account the transition etc.  

Swim
  • 15m
  • 500.00 meters
  • -----

Swimmy this morning to wake me up and get the nerves down before tomorrow triathlon ... which will be my FIRST TRIATHLON EVER :)

5 * 100 free

Paste from my blog.

My first Triathlon is tomorrow

Tomorrow is a day that I will remember for the rest of my life. I have my first Triathlon ever. I did some Duathlon over the last year and some running races, but I never did a Triathlon. 

Back last year when I was completing my first relay Duathlon I was looking at those people doing Triathlon and I was really impressed. Tomorrow I will be one of those persons, and it is really awesome just to think about it. 

Back in September I couldn't swim more then 50 meters. Back in July last year I was not running at all. And back two years ago I was not even riding a bike. It is amazing how far I have come from two years ago. I was just sitting all day not doing much, and now look at me. I am proud of what I accomplished and tomorrow will be one more milestone, from potato couch to Ironman. 

Tomorrow I will swim 750 meters, ride 20 kilometers and run 5 kilometers. I know I can complete all the distances without any doubt but I am still nervous about it. 

It is probably because this is something new, that I have never done before, that it makes me nervous. It a good feeling though, nervous good ;)

I will make sure to get as many pictures of that first, so I have many memories to share with anyone who wants to hear about them. And to look at them later to remember how I became a triathlete. 

Now I am off to the pool for a quick swim before work, just to get my body moving a bit. The last week has been really slow training wise. With my ITBand injury and the bad weather I didn't have the chance to get out much sadly.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Instead of riding my bike for 60km or so I went and walked the dog for 30 minutes. Damn I am getting lazy :o

Ride after work for sure, it is supposed to be close to 80 today

Update - Why do I love this place, the winds are 32mph right now, damn with a nice 80 I would have like nothing over 5mph  No way I will go ride in the traffic with winds up to 45mph :( Sucks since the weather was gorgeous, so instead I sat on the deck and had a beer ;)

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 2200.00 meters
  • -----

Lots of drills

Swam a 1000 meters in 22:43

Today I will go swim at my last Master's class of the winter, who knows everything might get right at once tonight and I will start swimming a km under 15 minutes Tongue out
I must still be dreaming, yeah that must be it since it's still early. 
Now I need to make sure that my ITBand get fix fast to start my marathon training. New York is 5 months from now, not that far away 

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m
Today started out not that great, I was not happy because of the injury and then I received this email ...

Dear Robert Lejeune,

Entry Number:

Congratulations! You have been accepted to run the ING New York City Marathon 2009 on Sunday, November 1. On behalf of New York Road Runners, I welcome you to the 40th running of the world's greatest marathon. One of the things that makes this race so special is runners like you from around the world, and we're hard at work preparing to give you the experience of a lifetime.

Shortly after June 1, you'll receive an e-mail from us that will include a link to our runner login page. From this page you can provide or verify your emergency race-day contact information, supply information that will allow us to assign your race-day transportation to the start, cancel your entry if needed, take advantage of special offers for marathon entrants, and more.

In the meantime, please consider using your marathon experience as an opportunity to raise money for charity. Visit our charities page for more information.

We'll be in touch frequently between now and race day, as we'll post the latest news on theING New York City Marathon site. We look forward to seeing you in November!

Sincerely,

Mary Wittenberg
President and CEO, New York Road Runners
Race Director, ING New York City Marathon

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!
I hate being injured so much, I should have go out and run this morning and instead of that I am just sitting here and doing nothing ...
I will go ride tonight after work, but besides that not much today I guess. 

rlejeune's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals