Train harder that you trained yesterday!

Wednesday - May 6

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 2200.00 meters
  • -----

Masters

As most of you know this year will be my first year as a Triathlete, I am really thrilled about this. Every time I go out for a run, a ride of a swim I am always greatfull that I can do this, that I have the chance to get out and enjoy this wonderful sport that we all love so much. 
For the second year in a row I decided to raise money for Leucan, a charity that helps the kids who have cancer. They help them and their familly to go through the sickness with different activities, they give money to the research and a lot of other things.
Today a guy with who I am working came to my office and gave me a cheque, with a really good amount of money. He then told me "Please remember Marie-Christine East when you will be out there training and racing, she died a couple years ago from Leucemia" She was his niece and she died 3 years ago, I have been really touched by this and she will be on my mind when I will be out there racing and training.
I have been raising money for Leucan for two years now, and I know that what I do helps others and I am proud of it. But it was the first time that someone that I know told me that a kid close to him had had the cancer, and that sadly she died.
Marie-Christine East, you'll be on my mind and you will be remembered.

Tuesday - May 5

Bike
  • 1h 44m 10s
  • 47.77 kms
  • 27.52 KM/hr

Went out to test the legs and see if I could get back into training. I feel good, now lets see how the knee will feel.

Today should be a ride after work, if the weather decides to go bad I will do a short run instead to get those legs moving a bit ;)

Monday - May 4

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m
I have a feeling that today will be an easy day. I should hit the pool during lunch but my left knee is hurting a lot so not too sure yet. I will see.

Changed my mind finally and decided to just stretch a little bit and give my legs a day off :) 

Sunday - May 3

Run
  • 1h 45m 20s
  • 21.10 kms
  • 04m 59s /KM

I lost the Garmin a couple of times while going through tunnels so the splits are not a 100% accurate. I beat my goal and I am really happy. I will work on the race report soon ;)

During today's half I did PR the half, PR the 10k and PR the 5k. Which means it was a kick ass run, and that my PR were from last year too ;)

Heading to my half, talk to you all later

Race report is up :)

Saturday - May 2

Bike
  • 1h 23m 22s
  • 39.19 kms
  • 28.21 KM/hr
Run
  • 19m 25s
  • 4.00 kms
  • 04m 51s /KM
A run to move the legs a bit and maybe a ride later. 

Since I wanted to run and ride I turned it into a brick, now lets hope it was not a bad idea for tomorrow ;) 

Friday - May 1

Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m
There we go, another white calendar month. It's nice to see that there's a couple of green spot though, this means that the summer is finally starting :) 
I am not sure yet for today, I might ride a bit tonight if the rain can stop. If not I will just do some core work or stretching to get ready for Sunday. I am starting to feel nervous about it, why do I like that feeling? Tongue out

Thursday - April 30

Run
  • 25m 37s
  • 4.37 kms
  • 05m 52s /KM

Easy run to move the legs a little bit

rlejeune's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16