Time to Find the Big Girl Panties..and Suck it up!

Thursday - April 17

Went home, comfy clothes on, broccoli/cheese soup from the market up the street and NCIS/NCIS LA and Real Housewives of the OC. In bed about 9 and started a jigsaw puzzle on the ipad. No stress, no worrying... Didn't sleep worth a dang and woke up feeling like I haven't slept at all.

Supervisor brought in sugary cinnamon rolls from a local bread shop. He does this every Thursday. I have been here for almost 4 months and I have yet to touch them even though he makes sure that I know about then each Thursday. Bring on the black berries. :)

Wednesday - April 16

Got 2 miles to do tonight and I am not sure if I am going to do that. Worn out.

Went to visit the doc today and I am trying not to be scared but I am scared. I went because in the 12 years I have been on my pill I haven't been early but 2 times. 2 times in the last 3 months. The first month was January and I prompted it to be stress related from the divorce and move and it was only 2 days early. This time it was 7 days and not full on - just sporadic moments but enough to be irritating. When I went in in February I had gained 10 lbs since I left Oklahoma the end of Dec. She chalked it up to stress, I chalked it up to not giving a crap and not working out much. Since I saw here in February I have tried to clean things up and I am up an additional 8 lbs since February 14th. Also... swollen legs, fatique, not sleeping well, and pain in the pancreas/spleen area. Thyroid test for the initial two came back normal in feb as well as other routine blood including glucose test. My doctor (Staci) said at this point she is more concerned on the weight gain (especially with my exercise amt) and that she thinks the earliness is due to the weight gain. She doesn't think it is life threatening right now but she thinks we could be looking at Thyroid (blood work for T3 and T4) and metabolic embalance right now. She thinks while some can be still be stress/depression related she doesn't think it is all related to that. So I have her stumped - her words. She will work harder to figure out what is going on. She said reduce stress. So I am going to try not to worry. Blood work should be back at the latest next Tuesday - 6 tubes were taken today. Not even hungry lately - she told me to track and make sure at least 1200 calories a day - Bowl of special k with milk, cup of fruit, 6 inch ham/provolone sub from Subway for lunch, 20 oz Sprite and 1/2 a brownie. Not even close to being hungry for dinner yet and it is 5pm. :|

Tuesday - April 15

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Spin class

Strength
  • 10m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Leg Raises, Flat Bench
  • ABS - Trunk Twists
  • TRICEPS - Assisted Dips

Just did abs since R knee hurt in spin and is quite swollen.

First dips I did since elbow surgery end of October.

General - Plank - 1:07 and :37

Spin class tonight and weights after. AF presence is a bit worrisome. Dr apt to talk about that and a couple other things going on tomorrow at lunch.

Monday - April 14

Run
  • 30m 24s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

Capris and down to a long sleeve under short sleeve combo.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 13.33 Mi/hr

Came home from the run, put on bike clothes, fell over in the driveway, brushed myself off and rode. SO FUN!

3 mile run in my new Asics tonight (oh did I mention they are black/purple). To add insult to injury (for the ladies) AF made her presence this morning a full week early (first time that has happened since I went on the pill) but only for 2 hours and then left as soon as she came. Really?

Even after last week's gain - I am going to up my calories to about 1400 calories and keep up the exercise.

Sunday - April 13

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 1h 00m

5.15 miles, 587 calories per the machine.

Swapped shoes to Asics Kayano. Will see if they help. I have been a Mizuno fan for years. The shore store has a 45 day return policy. Mine were bought 1-17 but they gave me a full refund yesterday and I turned around and bought a pair of Brooks warm up pants that were 30% off. Most comfortable pants in a long time I have bought.

Saturday - April 12

Run
  • 52m 31s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

First mile was right at 10 and the pain in the shins and calves set in at 1.3 and it just felt like it drained me. Turn around at 2.5 and did a huge stretch and then slowed it down to 10:30-10:45 on the way back. Aimed for 53 so not bad. Off to the running store to see if the pain is coming from my shoes.

Friday - April 11

No workout last night. Got home at 630, made dinner and didn't get off the couch.

Since Monday each day under 1200 calories, ate out only at lunch on Tuesday otherwise only cooked at home, worked out every day except last night, drank between 48 and 72 oz of water each day, and the scale read 2.5 lbs higher this morning then last Friday morning.

Last nights dinner - salsa chicken with black beans and brown rice.

Feel like giving up.

dimplespoo's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance