• 31m 04s
  • 2.11 miles
  • 14m 43s /Mi

W3/D3 - 5 min warm up
2Run/2Walk
3Run/3Walk x2
2Run/2Walk
5 min cool down

Runs were at 5.4mph and the walks were at 3.6.

Didn't get out of work until after 7pm - got home, fed the pups (who had been in their kennels way too long but at least no accidents) and made dinner and ate at 8. I was done after that.

Will run today. Matthew has hockey at 3 - I won't go back to work so hopefully I can grab a run workout between that and picking up the pups from daycare and picking up Koda's supplements.

Boy's thyroid is low, his TSH is normal but they want to try him on a clinical trial of thyroid drugs for 2 months to see if it helps with the hair loss on both flanks. Will see.

Some cross training work today. Will try to run again tomorrow. I was hoping to get up and go to spin with Chris but it was a killer he said - a lot of people were bailing in the middle of class. I am not up to that yet and that would kill your spirit I think.

Woke up today to a temperature of -17. Not wind chill, just regular temp. Supposed to get worse tonight. but closer to 0 on Friday and then warming up hopefully next week.
Run
  • 26m 40s
  • 1.80 miles
  • 14m 48s /Mi

TM quit working after 7 min and had to swap. I should have known when it did it the first time when I first got on it would do it again.

back to the gym today - run time. Same run/walk intervals as Monday.

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 45m
Only another 8-9 inches after 7-8 this past Friday night - Saturday morning.

Run
  • 26m
  • 1.73 miles
  • 15m 01s /Mi

I changed to the 5k Runner app to do the walk run.
1.5m run/1.5m walk
2.5m run/2.5m walk
2.5m run/2.5m walk
1.5m run/1.5m walk
Plus 5 min warmup and 5 min cool down

Strength
  • 20m

Quick pass through the express stations at the gym after the run.

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 11m 45s

1 mile on elliptical while I waited for Chris to finish his run. Incline of 5, resistance of 4

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

With the pups after the vet.

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 20m
Got a short walk in at the gym after Matthew's hockey game. Chris worked a bit late so I needed to foot it home for the pups who were in their kennel. Koda is doing much better.

I think I just agreed to do a 10K on the beach in Florida in April with my sister. She doesn't run so this should be interesting. We have old family friends down there so they said they would walk and/or run it with her as well.

spackard's Training Log

January 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals