Time to Find the Big Girl Panties..and Suck it up!

Friday - July 5

Fly home tonight/tomorrow morning at 1:27am. Will be nice to be out of hotel living for 3 weeks. Miss home, miss my puppies, miss hubby. Need to get back to reality. Nothing today except airport walking since I have dinner plans with a good friend before I head to the airport.

Thursday - July 4

Strength
  • 05m

6 rounds of challenge

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m
Working today - testing with people from France/Bulgaria and British Columbia for a few hours. Double time and a half will be nice for 6ish hours (not doing more than 6). Massage was fabulous and woke up feel pretty good (considering I was out when the alarm went off at 630). Raining here so not sure what will get in. Schedule is for 2 miles.

Wednesday - July 3

Strength
  • 05m

6 rounds for challenge

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m
Someone left a gift certificate to the massage place in my work bag with an appt time on it for yesterday. Showed up and I had a hour massage waiting for me. Nice! Lady worked on back, hips and legs. Back needed it and she said it would need another if I could swing it. I will do one when I get home with my lady. Know the back is bad I have neglected getting it worked out and the amount I sit for work doesn't help. Think it is from the person I have been running with up here and who I took to the airport at midnight last night.

Tuesday - July 2

Run
  • 44m 12s
  • 3.20 miles
  • 13m 48s /Mi

Went with my friend Jamie who I did the half with. She did great on the .6 run, .4 run that we tried for the half. This was good for two reasons - 1. After trails last night my legs needed a break, 2. Windy as hell and in the last 1/3rd of a mile got rained on.

Strength
  • 05m

Challenge - 6 rounds

Plan is for 3 today but my legs are sore from the knee down. Will see what happens tonight.

Monday - July 1

Run
  • 31m 28s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Trail running

Strength
  • 05m

5 rounds....

Cross train day today. My bootcamp started a new challenge for July. As many rounds of the following in 5 min.
3 burpess
6 squats
9 pushups
This is an everyday for a month challenge. Bring it on. :) Otherwise will try to fit in some more cross training today. It is rainy and cold here. Bought a jacket yesterday and thank goodness. Have yet to take it off in the office.

Sunday - June 30

Run
  • 54m 18s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 51s /Mi

What a run! Went with a good friend who pushed me a bit (hello been months since I did this long of a run but I think he can help me get faster) - pushed the last up hill at a 9:44 pace and it felt good (ok I was cussing him but...) Ran all 5 minutes - out 2.5 - had 3 sport beans stretched the legs and back 2.5. He said he could get me to a 2:15 half and a 5 full next spring. I just laughed. Will see what happens.

What a day - met up with my girlfriend Jamie to hit up the Saturday Farmers Market, then went to brunch (YUM!) and then a bit of shopping. How she found a maxi dress for $22 and the one I loved was $77. COME on. Watched a movie at her house while she so graciously let me do laundry. Then hung out with a friend of mine from work and went and finally convinced myself to do the 5 mile run. It was so nice to have someone to go run with to push a bit. Felt good. Then out to dinner and relaxing.

Saturday - June 29

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m
Lazy day at the hotel for the most part but I got a short walk in. Also did about 2 hours of work today. So pretty good day. Pushed the run until tomorrow.

dimplespoo's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races