Swim
  • 08m 54s
  • 400.00 meters
  • 02m 14s /100 meters

Swim Leg-SuperBowl Y Tri: Can't really read anything into the swim time. Since the swim was in a pool and the start was staggered based upon estimated swim times there was a lot of traffic (some people didn't do a good job with their estimations). Twice I had to wait at the walls because of people ahead of me. I also had to wait at the ladder to exit the pool. The girl who started 10 seconds after me passed me in the 1st 50 meters and I never caught back up with her. I passed about 4 people during the swim. I did go out a little too fast for my liking.

The swim venue was cool. I believe they said the swimming for the 2012 PanAm games would be held there.

There were no timing chips so I have no idea what my times were for T1 or T2 for that matter. We had to walk the pool deck on exit. But again, this was a rally laid back race and I didn't worry about going fast thru transitions.

Bike
  • 30m 31s
  • 10.51 miles
  • 20.66 Mi/hr

Bike Leg-SuperBowl Y Tri: I struggled initially on the bike. Very little of my training has been intensity based so trying to push on the bike was uncomfortable. Finally after the turnaround point I got into a good biking rythmn. At the turnaround point I took a look at the Garmin and was averaging 19.8mph. The 2nd 1/2 of the ride I felt much better and got it rolling (ended up averaging 20.7mph for the overall ride). Perhaps there was a headwind outward bound and a tailwind inward. I don't know. If there was I certainly didn't notice it.

Run
  • 18m 10s
  • 2.26 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi

Run Leg-SuperBowl Y Tri: Like on the bike I struggled initially on the run. I'm just not used to pushing. On the 2nd loop of the run I started to settle in and actually was able to kick it up a bit the last 1/2 mile or so. I have no idea what my overall time was for the race. I think it was a minute or 2 over an hour but I'm not certain.

Overall I was pleased with what happened. The swim was much slower than I expected but there was not much I could do about that. The bike was about what I expected. The run a little slower but hey other than a 1.2 mile segment of only 1 of my workouts in the last 6 months I have not had my HR up in those ranges. I'll take it and get right back into my HIM training. It was fun.

Swim
  • 1h 12m 24s
  • 3200.00 meters
  • -----

Endurance 400s: 12x50 Easy, odds breast. 4x75 as 25 Easy, 25 Mod-hard, 25 Steady. 3x100 Steady. All of the above on 10 sec. RI. MS: 5x400 on 15 sec. RI. Plan says just to swim relaxed today so that is exactly what I did. Lots of mixed stroke in the 5x400.

swimTSS: 63

Bike
  • 3h 49m 23s
  • 66.00 miles
  • -----

Hilly Ride: No hills here. About 18 min. Easy WU. 3.25 hours of low end Steady. Did experiment with going the 1st half of this 9:1 (minutes of Aero position to Situp or Standup). 2nd half 4:1 (Aero to Situp or Standup). Finished up with 14 min. Easy CD. I don't know, I'm still not where I need to be. Results were (average HR, pace):

WU: 106, 14mph
Steady: 118, 17.7mph
CD: 117, 14.2mph

It's done. Next up is the mini sprint race. Time to get the heart pumping for an hour or so.

hrTSS: 205

Strength
  • 45m

Strength Training, Base

Sport
  • Walking
  • 22m

WU

Everything out of whack this week with the training plan.  Big ride with transition run was scheduled for Sunday but the race on Sunday has messed that up.  So, the new plan is to bag my bike and run today that way I'll be fresher for the key workout of the week which is the long ride.  Do the long bike on Friday morning with my normal swim on Saturday.  Then Sunday I'll do the sprint race and if I'm feeling good and have the time I throw in another hour of something.  Not perfect but it's the best way to be fresh for the long bike and not nuked for the race.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.50 miles
  • -----

Aerobic Ride (75 min.): On the trainer. 15 min. WU Easy building to Steady then 6x (3 min. 80rpm Aero, 3 min. 60rpm Big Gear, 3 min. 90rpm Situp, 1 min. Easy).

tTSS: 75

Run
  • 41m 53s
  • 4.34 miles
  • -----

Easy Transition Run: Transition off the trainer. Good run. Felt so much better than yesterday's run. 9:1 Run/Walk.

rTSS: 61

Sport
  • Walking
  • 22m

WU

Run
  • 1h 29m 47s
  • 9.68 miles
  • -----

Poker Pacing Run: 1st 3rd on Easy, 2nd 3rd on Steady, 3rd 3rd hold Steady and see what happens to HR. Results were: (average HR, pace):

131, 9:42
140, 9:06
147, 9:02

Not feeling that great. I struggled with the run today. Cold has got me down a bit. 9.25:75 Run/Walk. Not a whole heck of a lot of difference between what felt like my Easy pace and my Steady pace. Yuk!! I never seem to run well during the middle of the day. I always run better either early in the morning on late in the day. Actually on Sunday I ran 8:45 pace@140bpm after a 2.5 hour bike session. Something is up!!Hummm...

rTSS: 143

Strength
  • 45m

Strength Training, Base

Sport
  • Walking
  • 22m

WU

Nursing a cold so I used this weeks easy day here.

junthank's Training Log

February 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals