Run
  • 2h 07m 50s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi
Swim
  • 43m 10s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 02m 02s /100 yards

Woohoo!  Miami Man Half Ironman is in the books, race report to follow...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5

Saturday - November 11

Friday - November 10

Swim
  • 11m
  • 500.00 yards
  • 02m 12s /100 yards

Easy 50 lap swim inthe backyard pool.

Got an earlier flight home yesterday and was in bed at 1 am.  Wife was also sick all week so I helped out today and cleaned the house some, did some laundry and went for a swim.

Hoping I can run into a couple of BT'ers at the Miami Man...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - November 9

Out on a Business trip until Friday .

Trying to get an earlier flight home, red-eye or very early am so I can get a good nights sleep on Friday-Sat.  Need to be in Olrando for son's swim meet at 8:30am Sat morning (ack) and not scheduled to get in right now until 11 pm.

Vegas once again has sucked my wallet dry!

Wednesday - November 8

Bike
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

AM trek into the fitness room and found a stationary bike to spin on. Kept it nice and easy.

Run
  • 22m
  • -----
  • -----

Went out into the nice cool Las Vegas morning air and did an easy pace run around the "block" 2 times. Felt good to get out and run.

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-over DB row
  • BACK - Lateral pull-downs
  • CHEST - Pushups
  • SHOULDERS - Side DB raise

Hit the fitness room again after the run. it has a machine and some dumbbells so made the the best of it. No weights were listed on the machine used for pulldowns so guestimated for 8-12 reps.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

did some morning stretching before I went down to the fitness room. Lower back was stiff.

Out on a Business trip until Friday traveled to Las Vegas late last night was even able to sleep an hour onthe flight.

I'm healed!  Last day on the antibotics.  Was able to sleep flat all night and had very little cough or need to clear the nose.  Got up a 5am local time and decided to do something physical.  Boy did I ever have a need to sweat!

Well being sick the last 10 days has really shifted my expectations for the HIM.  Only game plan I have is to do proper nutrition during the race and forget going after any time goal.  I want to get to the run feeling as good as I can and use the run-walk method on the run.  Checked out the weather forcast, looks like it will be 81-83 and lots of sun.  Not sure of the wind forcast just yet, hopefully a nice gentle breeze will be had to help on the run.

• Health data: Sick: 1

Tuesday - November 7

Out on a Business trip until Friday.

Almost able to sleep laying flat, had to sit up for about 1/2 hour and suck on a cough drop. Day 4 on antibotics.  Felt "normal" for the 1st time in a long time.  Everything is clear!

• Health data: Sick: 2

Monday - November 6

Out on a Business trip until Friday.

Man still unable to sleep laying flat, day 3 on antibotics and felt pretty good.  Only had some yellow sinus stuff early in the day, nothing bad from the lungs!

• Health data: Sick: 2

Donto's Training Log

November 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance