Sunday - November 5

Out on a Business trip until Friday.

Still unable to sleep laying flat, day 2 on antibotics and feeling better, still coughing and nasally with a minimal amount yellow stuff!

• Health data: Sick: 3

Saturday - November 4

Out on a Business trip until Friday.

Unable to sleep laying flat, day 1 on antibotics, lots of yellow/green phlegm/snot but yet feel a bit better.

• Health data: Sick: 3

Friday - November 3

Went to the doc today, thinks I have an infection now based on the color of my phlegm. Both my wife & I were up throughout the night coughing, sucks. I feel ok other than my chest and head... 

I need to get all my stuff together tomorrow for the Miami Man since I'll be out of town on business and won't have much time when I get back. Now where's that checklist...

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - November 2

Strength
  • 06m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Incline sit-ups
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks

Sets:
Inversion Table & ISU

Crunches-EB-SP

Sport
  • Inversion Table
  • 08m

3 min session, then inverted situps, another 3 min session and then inverted situps, followed by 1 min return to upright.

Worked the core today during lunch.  Hanging on the inversion table helped to clear my head for a bit and loosened up the phlegm some more.  Feeling yesterdays WO more than other times, didn't do any protein afterwards.  Going to try and bike into work tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8.25

Wednesday - November 1

Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Deadlifts
  • BACK - Pullups - Wide Grip, Pronated
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • SHOULDERS - Shrugs DB
  • SHOULDERS - Side DB raise
  • TRICEPS - Rope pulldown

PM lifting. Besides the head & chest cold issues, I no longer ache and have this feeling of needing to do something! Lifting worked out perfectly as it didn't upset my chest all that much and the sinus relief pill taken this afternoon helped my head.

Hack, Cough, Spit, story of my life right now.  At least the phlem is coming out ok and I'm staying hydrated.   Did the Trick or Treating last night and then was out by 8:45pm.  Up a number of times last night hacking up yellow phlegm luggies (SP?).  Head is all congested today, this sucks!  I want to exercise!

Phlegm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phlegm (pronounced /flam/) is a type of mucus, the sticky fluid secreted by the mucous membranes of animals. Its definition is limited to the mucus produced by the respiratory system, excluding that from the nasal passages, and particularly that which is expelled by coughing (sputum). Its composition varies, depending on climatic, genetic and state of the immune system, but basically is a water-based gel consisting in glycoproteins, immunoglobulins, lipids, etc.

Colors of phlegm

Phlegm may be of several different colors.

• "Healthy" phlegm is normally clear or white.
  • Yellow phlegm is normally a sign of an infection, or a case of the common cold.
  • Greenish or brownish phlegm is nearly always a sign of infection. Greenish or rusty phlegm or phlegm with rusty spots can also be a sign of pneumonia and/or internal micro-bleedings.
  • Coughing up brown phlegm is also a common symptom of excessive smoking. This is due to resin sticking to the viscous texture of the phlegm and being ejected by the body.
  • Another type of phlegm often associated with smoking is brownish gray in color. This variant is encased in clear saliva. When spread out, the brown-grey "core" is shown to be grainy in composition, as opposed to holding together. This is simply dust and other foreign matter and may be caused by damage to the cilia, as in COPD patients.

Illnesses related to phlegm

Phlegm may be a carrier of larvae of intestinal parasites (see hookworm). Bloody sputum can be a symptom of serious disease (such as tuberculosis), but can also be a relatively benign symptom of a minor disease (such as bronchitis). In the latter case, the sputum is normally lightly streaked with blood. Coughing up any significant quantity of blood is always a serious medical condition and warrants immediate treatment.

Trivia

• In medieval medicine, phlegm was counted as one of the four bodily humours, possessing the properties of coldness and wetness, and was responsible for apathetic and sluggish behavior. This old belief is preserved in the word phlegmatic.
  • The initial state of the common flu when the phlegm is yet clear, is the most infectious period. When the phlegm turns into yellow, the body is already taking care of the infection.
  • In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Fleur Delacour was nicknamed Phlegm by the younger siblings of her fiance especially Ginny Weasley

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 4

Tuesday - October 31

Too much sleep yesterday meant I had a hard time last night getting to sleep.  Felt like I was up every 1 hour with the beginnings of the phlem hack starting and just plain uncomfortable, especially my kidneys.  Oh well, I hope I can take the kids out tonight for Halloween...

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8.5

Monday - October 30

I feel like "Ack" hence the new Bill the Cat avator today!  Man I fell asleep by 8:30 pm on the couch and was up several times throughout the night.  I couldn't seem to get enough water into me last night, then it seemed like 10 minutes later I had to hit the bathroom, the kidneys are hurting this morning.  I feel like I could go back to bed and throat is rawer then last night, hopefully this peaks and is over with fast.  My wife was sick last weekend and my mother had Strep last week.  At least it is happening 2 weeks not 1 week before the HIM...

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 1 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 10

Donto's Training Log

November 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned