Sunday - April 1

Bike
  • 22m 16s
  • 5.50 miles
  • 14.82 Mi/hr

Had to work today :( But had my MTB here at work so before my evening run I went for a ride to "loosen things up"! This ride closed out my Bike commitment for March.

Run
  • 1h 05m 05s
  • 7.13 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Long steady run. Just like last time on this run the wind was dead SE , running Apollo downwind was a betch, but oh so nice on the way back. Didn't make my run goal though, fell short...

Had to work today but was able to get in a nice WO.  For the March SBR challenge I was short on the Swim and Run.  Going for 100% of the training plan was hard with all the issues life bring about! But I got in some pretty good volume and really built up my fitness level.  Combined with the March Abs/Core challenge I feel like I turned into a machine! Can't wait until this months race...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.75

Saturday - March 31

Bike
  • 3h 08m
  • 50.20 miles
  • 16.02 Mi/hr

Long ride with Cam, Lester & Steve, Up to Cocoa Village with a tail wind and back against teh headwind. Split off into Windover Farms and kept going and going. Had to call home to make sure I could keep riding, wanted to get as much time in today for the bike. Legs are tired but still had to mow the lawn and other house work today!
Man 18 minutes, that's all I have left for the March Challenge Bike leg. Hmmm, I'll sneak it in later today or tomorrow when I get to work (MTB is there)!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.25

Friday - March 30

Man what a beautiful run last night with a 3/4 moon and a nice ocean breeze.  Felt so good I did 7.9 miles instead of 10k.  So today I play by ear, another abs WO and I can swim later today if work doesn't surprise me today so that is the plan.  Bike and Run on the weekend.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - March 29

Bike
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 13.20 miles
  • 13.20 Mi/hr

Tough ride on the MTB around the airport again, this time counter-clockwise, Canals first. Got lost for a bit in a neighborhood but pulled it out with my indian sense :) Long way with and into the wind today.

Run
  • 1h 11m 35s
  • 7.90 miles
  • 09m 04s /Mi

20 minute break then a 10k brick run home! Woohoo :)
Have a great ENE crossind tonight to keep me cool!
---------------
With the 3/4 moon this was a nice run. I felt fine after 3 miles so I went longer. I was in a total zone a couple of times like I was floating on my feet! Time includes 2 stops for a total of 1:50. Walked the dog for 10 minutes afterwards for a cooldown. Chocolate milk recovery drink, ice packed and ate a small dinner with a beer then off to bed.

Strength
  • 25m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Knee Up
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Half Up Twists
  • CORE - Heel Touches
  • CORE - Hip lifts
  • CORE - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • CORE - Superman

I slept like a rock last night, always do after a big swim.  Any way, today I have a bike and run deal to do.  Maybe I'll do a brick it, do the MTB around the airport again at dusk time then run home.  The March challenge is going to be close for me, I have to get at least 2/3 done so that I don't hurt the team.

PM update, just got in from a MTB ride, did abs (#11) before I left, I could feel it as I was working the MTB on teh canels and trails. Now I'm onto a brick run home after I update the log and get the fuel belt and hit a Power-bar.  Busy day today, punched out 3 reports, compiling data sucks sometimes! But training takes care of all the stress!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Wednesday - March 28

Run
  • 35m 30s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Brick run, nuff said!

Swim
  • 1h 13m 15s
  • 2731.85 yards
  • 02m 41s /100 yards

Planned swim is 1.55 miles in Melbo Beach.
--------------
It was a perfect day for an OWS. Several rest breaks along the way.

Late night at the ball game last night, kids loved it though, had fireworks after the game.  Colin got a ball from one of the Mets catchers at the pitchers warmup area.  Cool time, it's been awhile since I've been to a baseball game, not my favorite sport.

So today I need to run more and swim to stay on par.  Looks like I'll be short in the swim for the March challange, going after 100% of the TP is tough with family, work, etc throwing curve balls all the time (pun intended)!  Need to do Abs again too sometime today.

Meeting Cameron at 3:30pm to do some OW swimming in the Inter-coastal! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Tuesday - March 27

Bike
  • 18m 10s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 16.51 Mi/hr

Took the MTB out for a quick ride down Apollo-Airport Rd to catch up on some minutes and to warmup for a quick run. Holy headwind on the way out, flying on the way back!

Run
  • 33m 12s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 18s /Mi

Brick run down and back on Apollo to get in a run.

Wife called this afternoon and our neighbor got us all tickets to the Nationals/Mets night game so I had to do a quick workout and shower before I left.  Was suppose to have a very long run, but that had to be tossed so I got in what I could.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Monday - March 26

Bike
  • 1h 13m 10s
  • 14.20 miles
  • 11.64 Mi/hr

Cool MTB ride, did a loop around the Melbourne airport hitting some trails, sidewalks, roads and lot's of canals. I haven't done this ride in several years. Bum trails (pix below) are just that, where a lot of the bums live in FL during the winter, were else would you want to live! Had a nice tail wind heading west on the south side of the airport but that just meant that I had a hard headwind for the long finish on the north side.The west side of the airport was 2 miles of canal riding. I should get time and a half for this ride!!!

Strength
  • 22m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Knee Up
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Half Up Twists
  • CORE - Heel Touches
  • CORE - Hip lifts
  • CORE - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • CORE - Superman

Did Core during Acoustics testing, nothing better to do!

Ok so far I feel better today, slept ok except for a 1hr period at 3am.   I have my bike and swim stuff so hopefully I can ride home and maybe swim at WP along the way...

OK I'm going to make it official.  I'm skipping the 07 Miami Man HIM and will train to do the Space Coast 15k the same weekend and the SC Marathon which is held 2 weeks later.  I want to get my wife back into running too so this would be good for both of us to train for over the summer.

Entry into the Bum trails

Trail fun ahead!

One of the many canals on this ride

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Donto's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30