Thursday - April 26

Golf day, when you haven't played for a year, it's amazing all the little details you forget, like not to play right hand dominate (slice).  Back wass stiff early on, but was able to shoot a 57 and 60, if I could get rid of those 2 or 3 holes per Nine hitting 8-10 I'd be OK ;)  Actually didn't hit too bad once I loosened up and limited my back swing.  Used the hips and relaxed for my "power" and was able to hit my 3 wood 200 consistently and relatively straight once I got going!  I got sick of playing cart golf since my partner was playing everything but the fairway, I'd grab a couple of clubs and walk/run to my ball. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - April 25

Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • CORE - Superman

Slow and hold!

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 01m
Another chiro appointment this AM, doc says I'm 70-80% there and can do exercise.  Man I want to run and ride bad! I feel ok most of the time with subtle movements to the sides that I will feel.  Suppose to Golf tomorrow AM, he said it was OK to try but if I felt anything to quit right away. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8

Tuesday - April 24

Right hip and lower neck areas are sore from yesterdays Chiro adjustments, to be expected.  Need to temper my desire to "ah no problem" and train.  A few more days off won't hurt me...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Monday - April 23

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 01m

Well I hurt my lower back/hips yesterday after sitting on the garage floor helping/instruction my son how to use a handsaw, drill and hammer to build his invention project.  After 1 or so hours I stood up and my right leg had a sharp shooting pain and weakness and the back and front of my right hip region was having a dull to burning pain sensation the rest of the day.  

Went to the chiropractor this morning and it felt sooo good when he was adjusting my hips and lower back.  Looks like a combination of post race stress, yesterdays run and sitting on the concrete floor all were causes.  I should have went to him last week as originally planned but wanted to wait for the Insurance 90 day grace period to finish so they would cover some visits again.  I was instructed take it easy today, pay attention to my sitting posture and go back on Wed AM.  I'm sure I'll be sore from this, took an 500mg IB afterwards, wish I had my large cold pack here at work, oh well...

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - April 22

Run
  • 37m 06s
  • 4.23 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi

AM run over the Melbourne Causeway and back. Wore the HRM for the first time in awhile to keep myself in check. Wasn't until afterwards I figured out I went out a bit too fast, I was looking for a low Z2 not high Z2 pace. Just thought that I was having a higher than normal HR due to some dehydration from the couple of beers the night before! Anyway the pace felt relly comfortable so I didn't mess with it. HR was obviously higher climbing the causeway for the two 1/4 miles stretches.

I need to do a dreaded run LT to see how the zones fall in to place.

Streched well before the run and lower back was tight. Back issue...

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - April 21

Didn't realize it was suppose to rain in the AM and be overcast and cool.  Had to scrap the am ride (enough of rain and riding last weekend!) and we decided to do a family shopping day for the birthday girl at the Vero outlet mall.  I don't understand how some girls are just natural shoppers, at 6 she can walk into a store and match up cloths for an outfit and loves shoes!  My son was totally disinterested in shopping until in one store he found a tub with balls in it.  He found a football that he just had to have and we ended up playing catch and running routes around poles, bushes, etc most of the time while walking around.  Somehow though his brain bone became disconnected from his body and he forgot all about throwing technique, back to square one!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9

Friday - April 20

Strength
  • 18m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Half Up Twists
  • CORE - Heel Touches
  • CORE - Hip lifts
  • CORE - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Superman

Decent WO before leaving work!

Last day off! 

Going to bike in the am tomorrow and run the Melbourne Causeway on Sunday morning with my wife and her friend.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Donto's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance