Friday - June 1

Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 01m
Sport #2
  • Inversion Table
  • 05m

ACK, sinus pressure feels way better but my head still hurts, can't ever recall having a headache like this before.  Woke up with a nice pounding (to my pulse) and a bit of light sensitivity.  Maxed out on Tylenol and caffeine and feels better for now.  Still crossing my fingers for this weekends race.

Just checked the 36 hr race forecast.  This will be interesting as the race has never been run in the forecasted conditions in the 4 years I've particiapted in it.  Mostly cloudy 72-73F during most of the race & humid with a wind out of the WNW.  First time ever a tailwind on the out portion of the bike leg and with enough cross action that it should kill you on the way back!  Swim will be rougher as it'll be on wind side of the barrier islands but won't have to fight into the waves on the long portion.

7am
Mostly Cloudy, Wind WNW 12mph
72° F, RealFeel® 73
Humidity 91
8am
73° F
Mostly Cloudy, Wind WNW 12mph
73° F, RealFeel® 76
Humidity 87
Went to the chiro-man.  Mentioned my severe headache and he thoughly checked my cervical region.  Adjusted my C1/C2, amazingly I feel better ! A litle chiropractic anatomy lesson... 

Area of Spine

Vertebrae

Areas 

Effects

Upper Cervical Spine
Upper Neck
C1 - C2

1C

Blood supply to the head, pituitary gland, scalp, bones of the face, brain, inner and middle ear, sympathetic nervous system

N
E
C
K

Headaches, nervousness, insomnia, head colds, high blood pressure, migraine headaches, nervous breakdowns, amnesia, chronic tiredness, dizziness

2CEyes, optic nerves, auditory nerves, sinuses, mastoid bones, tongue, foreheadSinus trouble, allergies, crossed eyes, deafness, eye troubles, earache, fainting spells, certain cases of blindness

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9

Thursday - May 31

WTF! woke up at 5:30 am with a pounding headache, it hurt to have my head on the pillow.  Got up went to the bathroom and then noticed the pressure behind my right eye and in my right ear.  Blew my nose and a ton of junk came out of the sinus cavity.  Went to the doc and they did Strep test since my daughter had it this weekend.  It was neg but doc said early results may not show up, and got on Z-pak.  Weird felt great all day yesterday and when I went to bed.   Crossing my fingers for Sunday's race...

Darn it, no my legs are getting cramps.  I'm departing the work scene to rest and hydrate.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - May 30

Swim
  • 56m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 03m 30s /100 yards

Late last night JRB & I decided to do a morning swim at his place. Did his dock to Sign, to MB Pier thing, played in the water, then swam 2/3 legs of the Sprint course, took a break and returned to his dock. Crazy sharp turns on the course corners, like 300 degrees!

Another day another WO!  Nice thing about sleeping 10hrs yesterday, I only needed 7 last night.  Got up and got my arse out the door to do a morning swim.  One more planned wo left tomorrow then it's sit back relax...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Tuesday - May 29

Bike
  • 26m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 13.85 Mi/hr

Very easy ride on the TB into work with a very loaded backpack!

Run
  • 32m 18s
  • 3.54 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

Easy run in the full morning sun after getting to the office.

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 01m

Mix in a hard ride, 4+ hours at the beach followed by a multi-family cookout yesterday and you have the recipe for 10 hours of sleep, yeah baby!

I had nothing at home for transportation except my tri-bike. My car, motorcycle, MTB are all at the office.  I also had nothing for clothing and really didn't feel like running into work with a loaded backpack.  So I pulled out the TB and did an easy ride in.  Really don't like riding the TB into work as some sections I'm forced to ride on SW and ped paths as I won't ride on some of the main streets with no shoulder and narrow lanes.

Pineapple Man in 5 days...

• M - 35 min ride (did 37m race pace and u-turn practicing) 
  • T- 45 min run (did easy 26m bike & 32m run)
  • W - 25 min swim (did 1600+ yards in 200-440 yd intervals)
  • Th - 20 min run and 20 min bike
  • F - off (should swim)
  • S - off
  • S - Race

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 10

Monday - May 28

Bike
  • 37m 12s
  • 12.13 miles
  • 19.56 Mi/hr

Short pre-beach ride per TP. Practiced race pace, Cornering and U-turn braking plus gear changes. Holy hard riding against a stiff wind on the return...

Opps, thought today was Sunday (sorry Tod), I'm all messed up from the holiday weekend!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - May 27

Ok feel better today, good night of sleep, not as fatiqued and sore but throat feels a bit weird.  Will be taking daughter to an urgent care as she is not eating and a freind has strep. Will try to get out later today and bike as it is raining off and on this AM.  Tomorrow I plan on meting Tod for an AM swim on the Pineapple Man course.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9

Saturday - May 26

Felt good in the morning but as the day went on felt tired sore in back and leg muscles. Daughter is sick with a fever and is not eating, EEK!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5

Donto's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance