• ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • CORE - Half Up Twists
  • CORE - Heel Touches
  • CORE - Hip lifts
  • CORE - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Superman

Now we're talking! Core WO 10/20, template WO #1 with stretching between sets.

Took yesterday off work for some PB.  Hmmm, I was suppose to run yesterday but did an easy S/B.  I have swim shorts and sneakers here at work.  Guess I'm going for an easy run later today in the very warm & humid, but cloudy air!  Supposedly we have a 50% chance to get our first real summer time seabreeze T-storms today, so I'll have to track that too.  Calf's are still a bit tight/sore.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 26m
  • 4.20 miles
  • 9.69 Mi/hr

Went for an easy neighborhood MTB ride with my wife.

Swim
  • 06m
  • 200.00 yards
  • 03m /100 yards

Did 200 yards easy in the backyard pool.

PB.  Calf's were tight/sore.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.25
Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunch, Alternate Knee Lift
  • ABS - Crunches, Kneeling Cable
  • ABS - Incline sit-ups
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Scissor Kick
  • CORE - Situp, Modified Jacknife
  • CORE - Standing Twist w/ Dumbbell

Core WO #8, WO#3 1 set. Time to get back a roll!

Man slept great last night for the 1st time in about 4 days and right now still feel good soreness and fatique wise.  I WILL get in a core workout today and will catch up on my lack or effort last week.  Need to review my TP for the week and make sure I stay on top of it.  Had fun at the sprint yesterday and want to make sure that I do the work needed for the next sprint as it is a much tougher group of participants being near the military base and to get a solid MOP result I will need to cut off 4-6 minutes on my time from last years time.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 44m 58s
  • 15.30 miles
  • 20.42 Mi/hr

Crossing tailwind down, crossing headwind on return. Gel at halfway. Missed goal of 44:30.

Run
  • 25m 29s
  • 3.30 miles
  • 07m 43s /Mi

1st mile too slow, 8:14, recovered ok after that with 7:43 and 7:30 miles. Missed goal of 25:00.

Swim
  • 14m 38s
  • 528.00 yards
  • 02m 46s /100 yards

Time included long run up pier to T1 mat. Time in water from start to ladder was 13:15. Another rough water swim.

Pineappleman has come and gone with a new PR (about -3.5min)!  Blazing transitions, awesome ride and a run were I left too much on the 1st mile, full race report to follow.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 5

Was suppose to do a 5k race (jog/walk) with my son this AM but Tropical Storm Barry brought a deluge of rain and they postponed it for 2 weeks.  Man did we ever need the rain, my pool had at least 5" of rain in it that I had to drain out.  A hard downpour woke me up at 4AM and had a hard time faling back to sleep.

Going to get my race packet today as I'm feeling fine to race tomorrow, may not be the absolute best results but it'll be 100% of whatever I can but forth!  Paper said that they had to close the registration as over 400 participants signed up.  This race is getting popular!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 01m
Sport #2
  • Inversion Table
  • 05m

ACK, sinus pressure feels way better but my head still hurts, can't ever recall having a headache like this before.  Woke up with a nice pounding (to my pulse) and a bit of light sensitivity.  Maxed out on Tylenol and caffeine and feels better for now.  Still crossing my fingers for this weekends race.

Just checked the 36 hr race forecast.  This will be interesting as the race has never been run in the forecasted conditions in the 4 years I've particiapted in it.  Mostly cloudy 72-73F during most of the race & humid with a wind out of the WNW.  First time ever a tailwind on the out portion of the bike leg and with enough cross action that it should kill you on the way back!  Swim will be rougher as it'll be on wind side of the barrier islands but won't have to fight into the waves on the long portion.

7am
Mostly Cloudy, Wind WNW 12mph
72° F, RealFeel® 73
Humidity 91
8am
73° F
Mostly Cloudy, Wind WNW 12mph
73° F, RealFeel® 76
Humidity 87
Went to the chiro-man.  Mentioned my severe headache and he thoughly checked my cervical region.  Adjusted my C1/C2, amazingly I feel better ! A litle chiropractic anatomy lesson... 

Area of Spine

Vertebrae

Areas 

Effects

Upper Cervical Spine
Upper Neck
C1 - C2

1C

Blood supply to the head, pituitary gland, scalp, bones of the face, brain, inner and middle ear, sympathetic nervous system

N
E
C
K

Headaches, nervousness, insomnia, head colds, high blood pressure, migraine headaches, nervous breakdowns, amnesia, chronic tiredness, dizziness

2CEyes, optic nerves, auditory nerves, sinuses, mastoid bones, tongue, foreheadSinus trouble, allergies, crossed eyes, deafness, eye troubles, earache, fainting spells, certain cases of blindness

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9

WTF! woke up at 5:30 am with a pounding headache, it hurt to have my head on the pillow.  Got up went to the bathroom and then noticed the pressure behind my right eye and in my right ear.  Blew my nose and a ton of junk came out of the sinus cavity.  Went to the doc and they did Strep test since my daughter had it this weekend.  It was neg but doc said early results may not show up, and got on Z-pak.  Weird felt great all day yesterday and when I went to bed.   Crossing my fingers for Sunday's race...

Darn it, no my legs are getting cramps.  I'm departing the work scene to rest and hydrate.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7

Donto's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals