Tuesday - October 14

Run
  • 30m 03s
  • 3.20 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

AM run, 1st 8 min or so were with the clouds, the rest in full sun, at least the wind was blowing. Definitely dehydrated a bit.

Added a 17 week long run focused training plan to the logs and used the Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks for the recovery weeks.  Today was run #1...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Monday - October 13

Strength
  • 20m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches
  • BACK - Bent-over DB row
  • BACK - Pullups - Medium Grip, Pronated
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Dumbell Pullover
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • CORE - Heel Touches
  • CORE - Superman
  • SHOULDERS - Arnold Press
  • SHOULDERS - Shrugs BB
  • TRICEPS - Rope pulldown

Decent WO to kick off the "off-season"! I can tell I haven't done any pull ups in awhile. I really need to ramp my WO's back up and get back to the 2-set 3-different full body WO plans from last year.

Need to get some 35lb DB asap.

Sport #1
  • Inversion Table
  • 02m

Stretching between Core exercises. Glut/Hip flexors a bit tight. Calf's and hammy's are OK. Left heal is sore.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Stretching between Core exercises. Glut/Hip flexors a bit tight. Calf's and hammy's are OK. Left heal is sore.

I NEED A GOAL!

I'm losing the training mojo because the Oly is done and past and I feel like I have nothing to reach for.  Work is busy so it is easy for me to say "tomorrow".  I thinking about another attempt at a 1/2 Mary, there's a local one in mid Feb .  I just hope that my L foot/feet can hold up to the added running volume.  Fitness level is not the problem it's the added time on the feet that is, so I'll have to decide how to do this and will make a doc appointment to have my left foot looked at.  I'm thinking that a 4x per week run focused tri training program for cross training would be a good start, or something along the lines of a Hal Higdon intermediate program with some adjustments.

Seems like it's another typical late Monday evening work night.   At least we McKinnon's had a great weekend.  Didn't get in a run today but did get in a full body strength WO. JRB bought dinner tonight and we discussed some of the issues at hand over some Sam Adam's Octoberfest beers. Here's the quandary, we are a communications test lab and we have a client with a field issue that we cannot duplicate in the lab.  This just cannot be possible! Surprised

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Sunday - October 12

What about them Gators, UF 51 - LSU 21 !

Saturday - October 11

Bike
  • 50m
  • -----
  • -----

Did the spin class at the Y with my wife. Ugh, too much standing crap and the music was too loud. Muscles felt all the fast twitch work, I'd much rather "spin"!

Run
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Dreadmill warm-up before spin class

Four Killian Reds last night and I felt it in the morning, definitely dehydrated.  Went to a swim meet this afternoon and forgot to put sunscreen on my face, wife and I were raccoon lobsters by evening time.  We looked pretty funny, like tourists, when we headed to the mall before the UF vs LSU game!

Today's swim meet was the first ever for our daughter and our son's 1st of the season in the 9-10 AG.  She had a great time and we are so proud of her to get involved with swimming and the best part her good friend does it with her too.  My son knows he's not in ideal swim shape since he's been going through the motions since Sept and is more interested in baseball right now. He's now in an older AG too which meant all 3rd's and a hand length from 1st in a very close Breast heat.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Friday - October 10

Thursday - October 9

Wednesday - October 8

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Donto's Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25