Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.90 miles
  • 16.90 Mi/hr

Trainer WO on tap for this evening. Wk11 Q3 or Q2 WO.
----------------
Ugly ride! I started out with dead legs on the WU then I got going after 10 min with the WU intervals. And for some reason when I was looking at the weeks sheet I went with the Q2 main set. I have to admit I was not emotionally into this ride tonight, RPE was high but HR was nice and low. Anyway I did one round of the Q2 MS, 5'x4 incrementing 5% FT, at the 2nd round I went back to the Q3 15' at 90-95% FT. So it was a hybrid WO tonight.

Feel so much better today, slept almost 9 hours and I'm ready to go!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.75
Swim
  • 15m 34s
  • 650.00 yards
  • 02m 23s /100 yards

Nice swim tonight. Was really working the glide well and able to hold it longer. I need to get into a 25yd pool and check the stoke count again, anything is better than 25!

Run
  • 25m 35s
  • 2.82 miles
  • 09m 04s /Mi

Post swim run...
Nice and easy, recovery run tonight. 1st mi 9:15. No wind, the freaking mosquitoes were attacking on the cool down walk. Got some last night too in the garage on the trainer.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Wow its September!

Had a really weird thing happened to us last night.  Our doorbell started ringing at 2:50am and I had my wife call 911.  I tried looking out to see who/what but could tell through the diffused side window glass that someone was in trouble and laboring against the wall by the doorbell.  After no verbal response to my "who is it" I slowly opened the door and found an old man in pajamas with a walker looking scared and confused.  He said "help me I'm lost".  In my grogginess I took over the 911 call phone from my wife and she started asking him some questions.  He was doing some double talking at first and we brought him inside.  He knew his address and name which was about 1/4 mile from our house, but the 911 operator could confirm him living at that address and there was no missing persons report out in the area.  The police showed up and eventually confirmed that he lived at the address.  He told them he lived alone but told us he lived with his son.  We were so glad we were able to help him. I hope he gets assistance one way or another to prevent this from happening again. 

Not surprising I couldn't fall back to sleep right away and am pretty tired today.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.90 miles
  • 16.90 Mi/hr

Did yesterday's planned Wk11 Q1 60MP workout.
WU 20'
MS 10'*3 at 95-100% FT (18.4, 18.3, 18.4), RI 3'
CD 4'

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

pre-run warmup

Run
  • 27m 56s
  • 3.57 miles
  • 07m 49s /Mi

Got home late from work, so did a run instead of the trainer ride. Had a nice rain shower during the run for cooling and did a Z2-Z4 RPE 7 steady state run. Warmed up on the bike trainer then was able to go out quicker and hold it. Last 1/2mi was harder due to wet shoes, felt like I had ankle weights on. Pace was faster than it felt.

Sport #1
  • Foam Roller
  • 20m

Lower back and leg stretching and lots of foam roller with 'the stick'.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Lower back and leg stretching and lots of foam roller with 'the stick'.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 18m 08s
  • 900.00 yards
  • 02m 01s /100 yards

BYP swim before it got too dark.
600*1
300*1

Run
  • 35m 10s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 47s /Mi

Easy pace run.

OK missed my first day of planned training this past weekend, the 4 mile run and a swim.  But I needed it, feeling better today, rejuvenated. This evening I'll do today's planned R/S WO but replace the short run with the 4 miler I missed to make sure I get in the miles.  I actually think I had some sort of minor bug as I broke out with some monster pimples and had some stomach issues.  5 weeks until the race, I need to maintain the focus and planned volumes.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 47m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 16.82 Mi/hr

Went for an easy ride with C,E,S,D out over EGC -STT,SoPat and back. Went at 70% or so except the 1st EGC climb and descend and one race pace interval for 4.5mi up STT, and the return over EGC. Serious west winds today made for some easy and some hard.

Ah feeling much better today.  Slept through the whole night and woke up before the alarm to head out for the ride.  Next up yard work and maybe will do the run later to get it over with.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Donto's Training Log

September 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
Time