Run
  • 36m 06s
  • 3.05 miles
  • 11m 50s /Mi

5:15 a.m.
-----
73 -- 89% -- N 4 mph
-----
O.M.G. the humidity was oppressive! UGH.... not a bad run, HR was good, although Garmie has been spiking for the first half mile or so in spite of me making sure the contacts are wet. 80% chance of rain today, so luckily I got this done before it hits. I'm thinking of taking this afternoon off, I still need to prep my bike and I desperately need a haircut! Coming home at lunch time sounds soooooo much better than sitting in stupid staff development meetings...

So yesterday turned out to be quite the eventful day... my morning was going as per usual, I was teaching my last class before lunch (the one with 37 first graders) when there was an announcement that all students were to come into the building.  There was some confusion as to whether that meant into any building or the main building.  I had mine lined up ready to go in (I'm in a portable), and the consensus of my peers was to stay put, 5 minutes later we were told to come in.  So we get the kids inside and back to their teachers to find out we were on lockdown, there was some guy holed up in a house 2 blocks from the school, presumably armed and the SWAT team had him surrounded.  So we ended up showing our afternoon classes a movie in the library, I stepped out to help the custodian put paper over all the windows on the doors and hallways, and then had to help make phone calls to parents of walkers that they HAD to come pick them up inside the school, they would not be allowed to walk home by themselves.  It was CRAZY!  The situation was still going on at dismissal, so we all ended up staying an extra half hour or so, but we were allowed to leave.  The situation was resolved later in the evening, so everything should be normal today.

Then last night I went upstairs before hubby to go to bed.  I usually don't bother to turn on the lights till I get over to my side of the bed, so I was in the bathroom getting undressed when I felt something bump my foot.  I thought maybe it was just my shirt that hit it or something, but I turned on the light and saw nothing, and thought I was losing it, when either a large mouse or small rat ran across the bathroom and out under my dresser!  EEEEWWWW!  It touched me!!!!  Hubby set up some traps, and we went to bed, but I don't think I even laid there 10 minutes knowing at some point I would have to get up and go to the bathroom and that thing was still in the bedroom somewhere, so I came down to the guest room.  Never a dull moment around here!

• Calories out: 2379 From lifestyle:2098, From activities:281

Wednesday - September 17

Taking a rest day... legs were feeling super tired yesterday.  3 mile run and 4 hours of dance tomorrow, rest day on Friday and we are off to Corpus Christi for our bike vacay...

• Calories out: 2120 From lifestyle:2120, From activities:0

Tuesday - September 16

Run
  • 1h 17m 24s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 12m 52s /Mi

4:50 a.m.
-----
73 -- 78% -- N4-7 mph
-----
Long run before school. Run/walk.

• Calories out: 2609 From lifestyle:2073, From activities:536

Monday - September 15

Run
  • 35m 44s
  • 3.05 miles
  • 11m 42s /Mi

5:30 am.
-----
70 -- 73% -- N 4 mph
-----
Okay run, HR stayed pretty well in check. Hard to tell because Garmin spiked at the beginning before settling in.

• Calories out: 2377 From lifestyle:2098, From activities:278

Sunday - September 14

Bike
  • 2h 45m 48s
  • 40.35 miles
  • 14.60 Mi/hr

9:00 a.m.
-----
64-70 -- 73%-64% -- ENE 6-N 6, overcast
-----
Beautiful cool morning for a long ride. We did our Stringtown hill route. We were coming up to the top of the last of the 7 hills when the pavement ran out and turned into dirt with rocks. So we walked our bikes to the crest of the hill and saw it was paved at the bottom, so we started walking our bikes down only to find out what looked like pavement was really gravel. So walked the bikes back up the hill and had to ride the hills AGAIN! Took a detour on some roads we hadn't ridden before and added another loop at the end to make up the mileage we were missing and ended up coming in a little more than we had planned. Felt good except the saddle was hurting. I am so tired of saddle issues, I wish I could find something that worked! Time for some laundry and football before the grind starts again tomorrow, good thing is it's a 4-day week for me since I'm taking off Friday for us to drive down to the coast. We are opting to do the 25 mile route rather than the 65. I don't feel trained for 65 and I KNOW hubby isn't. Looking forward to the getaway!

• Calories out: 3455 From lifestyle:2019, From activities:1436

Saturday - September 13

Run
  • 34m 30s
  • 3.16 miles
  • 10m 55s /Mi

7:35 a.m.
-----
59!!!! -- 77% -- N 16 mph w/ gusts, overcast
-----
What a difference cooler weather makes!! This felt GREAT! I felt like a runner again instead of a sloth... I wanted to go out to the trail and run, but hubby had plans for us to go out to breakfast, so I stuck to the neighborhood. HR was way high, but it just felt too good to slow down... over 2 minutes per mile faster than last week's awful 10K.

• Calories out: 2398 From lifestyle:2099, From activities:299

Friday - September 12

Hildebeast's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time