2013: They call me "HILDEBEAST"....

Thursday - August 28

This week has just wiped me out... I can barely get up just to get to school on time, much less get up at 4 a.m. to get a run or swim in.  Gonna say this is a recovery week (AKA blow week), and hope to get back at it over the weekend.  It's been a pretty good week, it's just been non-stop, with duty starting at 7 a.m. and then having stuff to do after school, I've been lucky to sit on the couch by 6 pm.  AND my desktop computer has been giving me fits about connecting to the internet when all the hardware is working??!  UGH....

• Calories out: 2120 From lifestyle:2120, From activities:0

Wednesday - August 27

Tuesday - August 26

Got home from the first day of school to find that the a/c was fixed, whoo hoo!!!!  So nice to fall asleep in my own bed.  I must be feeling stressed, didn't sleep well again and woke up to a headache, nothing major but enough to be annoying.  So I did NOT get my run done.  It will not get done after school either.... yesterday I got in the car to go home and the gauge said 107!  I spent most of the evening doing my seating charts for today and gave up with 4 to go which I hope I can get done during my planning period this morning.  It was a pretty good first day (my all time LEAST favorite day of the school year) and I'm looking forward to getting started teaching today.  So far my biggest classes are 32 and I can only hope they don't grow!

Monday - August 25

First day of school and we were in a hotel due to the a/c still not being fixed.  I did have everything all set at home to go for a swim, but I really did not sleep well, too many tummy butterflies, so it's not gonna happen.  Either is the 3 mile run scheduled for today, forecast is showing 100 this afternoon and I am NOT running in that!  Not sure how the rest of the week will go... it depends on when the a/c is fixed which will hopefully be today!  Hubby wants to bail on our Labor Day tri so he can focus on his bike for Conquer the Coast coming up in about 4 weeks.  I'm ambivalent, but it's paid for and he does this all the time!  Let's just rip up cash and throw it into the wind!

Fingers crossed for a great first day!

Sunday - August 24

Bike
  • 1h 44m 57s
  • 24.57 miles
  • 14.05 Mi/hr

6:55 a.m.
-----
Nice, easy early morning ride with Hope who is still recovering from her HIM last weekend. Very humid, but fairly cool, so it was a little sticky but a nice ride, glad we got it done.

• Calories out: 2965 From lifestyle:2056, From activities:909

Saturday - August 23

Run
  • 34m 48s
  • 3.04 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi

8:00 a.m.
-----
Big Blue Wave 5K.... good run for me, very warm and humid and I did walk some especially on the hills the second half. 3rd AG which was F 50-59. Checked the unofficial results 3 times to make sure I was still 3rd and waited around for awards and they called someone else's name! I was kinda ticked but figured it could have happened so we left. Got home and checked official results and I was 3rd, WTF?? I emailed the race director. Also my grandson was signed up to run the kids' 1K and somehow they never announced the start or something or my daughter didn't hear them and he missed it and he was devastated. Double whammy. Add to that, both our a/c units went out in the middle of the night and it's gonna be triple digits till who knows when. Called in the repair to our Home Warranty Service and we won't get a call back till Monday (naturally, this ALWAYS happens on a Friday after hours). Even with a couple of window units it is miserable in here, so we are staying in a hotel for 2 nights and hopefully will get fixed up on Monday.

• Calories out: 2400 From lifestyle:2099, From activities:301

Friday - August 22

Swim
  • 44m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • -----

5:30 a.m.
-----
WU: 400 and stretch

DRILLS: 8 x 50 rest :10 (25 one-arm/25 catch up)

MS:
100 easy
300 for time (5:11 = 1:44/100 yds)
4 x 50 pull, rest :15

CD: 200
-----
Plan was for 2000 this morning, but the shoulder was tweaking, so I cut it short.

• Calories out: 2398 From lifestyle:2093, From activities:305

Hildebeast's Training Log

August 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance