Bike
  • 1h 25m 24s
  • 21.61 miles
  • 15.18 Mi/hr

9:30 a.m.
-----
79-88 -- 78-55% -- S 15-21 mph gusting to 30
-----
Good ride, but the wind was significant! I ended up cutting it about 3 miles short to avoid going uphill into the wind! I was going to go run the trail again, but when I opened the door to get the paper it felt so hot and humid already, so decided to get the bike done while I could. I can't wait for this weather to break!

• Calories out: 2808 From lifestyle:2068, From activities:740

Sunday - August 31

Run
  • 39m 44s
  • 2.81 miles
  • 14m 08s /Mi

8:20 a.m.
-----
73-79 -- 83-74% -- S 9-10 mph
-----
Trail run! And I was able to run much more of it this morning, yea me! There were a few people out there hiking, always makes me feel better to see families or a couple of girls out there instead of solo creepers, ha ha! Missed one fork that would have made it up to 3 miles, I'll definitely hit that one next time. 5 miles tomorrow, hope to go back out there, just so much better for the soul than on the road...

• Calories out: 2337 From lifestyle:2096, From activities:241

Saturday - August 30

Run
  • 1h 17m 05s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 12m 49s /Mi

9:50 a.m.
-----
77-82 -- 73-62% -- 0 mph
-----
Long, slow run, longest in a LONG time! Slow and steady. Ran the majority, walked a few times to take in fluids. Felt tired after 4 miles, but am glad I got it done!

Hubby told me a few days ago he didn't want to do Monday's tri, he wanted to focus on his bike for Conquer the Coast.  I was a tad bit disappointed, but truly relieved after an exhausting first week of school with the kiddos.  So today we drove up past Dallas (about a 2.5 hour ride each way) and picked up our packets and he then said maybe we should do it and just drive up that morning.  The drive was not great, soooo much construction and the thought of driving home AFTER a race on a holiday, yeah, we are not gonna do it.  But I DID sign up for a 10K next weekend, one I've avoided because of the summer heat, but my run plan calls for 6 miles, and I was able to do 6 this morning, so figured I might as well.  Looked at last year's results, REALLY  not expecting any bling, ha ha!  Good training for my trail race at the end of Sept. though.  We also signed up for another bike event in November, looking forward to some HILLS!

• Calories out: 2607 From lifestyle:2073, From activities:534

Friday - August 29

Even more NADA... I surely have to have more motivation next week!

• Calories out: 2120 From lifestyle:2120, From activities:0

Thursday - August 28

This week has just wiped me out... I can barely get up just to get to school on time, much less get up at 4 a.m. to get a run or swim in.  Gonna say this is a recovery week (AKA blow week), and hope to get back at it over the weekend.  It's been a pretty good week, it's just been non-stop, with duty starting at 7 a.m. and then having stuff to do after school, I've been lucky to sit on the couch by 6 pm.  AND my desktop computer has been giving me fits about connecting to the internet when all the hardware is working??!  UGH....

Wednesday - August 27

NADA

Tuesday - August 26

Got home from the first day of school to find that the a/c was fixed, whoo hoo!!!!  So nice to fall asleep in my own bed.  I must be feeling stressed, didn't sleep well again and woke up to a headache, nothing major but enough to be annoying.  So I did NOT get my run done.  It will not get done after school either.... yesterday I got in the car to go home and the gauge said 107!  I spent most of the evening doing my seating charts for today and gave up with 4 to go which I hope I can get done during my planning period this morning.  It was a pretty good first day (my all time LEAST favorite day of the school year) and I'm looking forward to getting started teaching today.  So far my biggest classes are 32 and I can only hope they don't grow!

Hildebeast's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance