More thunderstorms this morning, I was smart enough NOT to go out for a run, ha ha!  I have a follow up with the eye doc this afternoon, the eye is now only half zombie after almost 3 weeks.  Rain is supposed to clear out this morning, so I may get to get out for a ride after my appt....

PM:  So the eye appt took a LOT longer than I expected AND they dilated the other eye (the non-zombie eye) and the sun has come out and it is blinding, so no go on a ride, sigh.  I think he felt bad that he gave me the zombie eye...

Run
  • 40m 34s
  • 3.59 miles
  • 11m 17s /Mi

5:10 a.m.
-----
72 -- 87% -- ESE 8 mph
-----
Yes, I WILL take that bad ass award for running through a thunderstorm! Checked the radar before I went out, nuthin'. Although they are calling for a significant rain event later today into tomorrow. Sure enough, reached the point farthest away from home and it starts raining, then I see lightning. Luckily fairly far away, but getting closer. Ran through small rivers running down the street... heavy feet!

• Calories out: 2456 From lifestyle:2103, From activities:353

Home sick today, stomach virus?  Food poisoning??  Not feeling good....

4:30 p.m. finally feeling better!  Spent the day vegged on the couch watching Lifetime Movies.

Bike
  • 40m
  • 9.75 miles
  • 14.63 Mi/hr

10:00 a.m.
-----
61-63 -- 85% -- Calm, HEAVY mist
-----
So I had gone out about 45 minutes before I was supposed to leave to meet my friend, made sure the saddle was adjusted and OMG, it felt sooooo good to be back on the old saddle, I don't know WHY I even messed with it! Roads were dry, even though we had some big boomer thunderstorms come through last night. Came in and had another cup of coffee, and when I went out at 9:55 it was misting, heavy enough that you could have called it light rain? Roads were wet, and I decided just to ride on up to her house and we'd call it from there. We decided to go and just do a short one (original plan was about 27, new plan was 15ish). About 3 miles in there was no sign of the rain slowing down, I knew we would hit a couple of railroad crossings, I still have a cold and didn't want to risk another fall, so we decided to cut it even shorter and just take the usual loop home. Took it pretty slow, I surely didn't want to push for speed and have the tires slip on wet pavement! And I forgot to turn the Garmin on, my mind is just mush these days!! Finally remembered about 2-3 miles into the ride, I adjusted it above. Hopefully next weekend we can get in a good one and the weather will be nice!!

• Calories out: 2451 From lifestyle:2104, From activities:348

Hildebeast's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • November's totals