• 3.00 miles
  • 12m 53s /Mi

8:47 a.m.
-----
81-71%-S14
-----
AVG HR: 155
-----
Goal was to keep HR in Zone 2 (>154), almost success, but it called for very slow running and lots of walking. It is SO hard for me to keep the HR down when it's hot and humid, once it gets up there it's all over. I'd walk and bring it down and within a minute it was back up over 160. Just gotta keep at it.... and maybe run earlier!! The air felt saturated and I don't know if it was that or me catching a cold, it just felt hard to breathe out there.
-----

Caught a cold and feeling just a little lousy.  Daughter has my car for at least another day, so swimming is on hold for now.  Roofers are coming tomorrow.... this is not my vision of the first week of summer vacation!

• Calories out: 2373 From lifestyle:2105, From activities:269

Tuesday - June 11

Bike
  • 1h 24m 32s
  • 21.31 miles
  • 15.13 Mi/hr

Met a tri friend for a bike/run brick! Did a nice route, really nice outside, kind of sunny/overcast, not too much wind, but pretty humid. Felt a lot better than I would have expected, I'll take it!! Got back to her truck and changed into running shoes for our brick, this is where it got ugly.

Run
  • 27m 17s
  • 2.26 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

Brick... she was using a Galloway 3 minute run/1 minute walk and I was HAPPY to use this as well.... however I had a good bit more walking in there.... we had one big hill we went up and down twice... a good solid effort.

• Calories out: 2985 From lifestyle:2060, From activities:925

Monday - June 10

So yeah, got totally caught up in doing things for my kids today, that training once again did not happen... I'd go for a run if it wasn't 96 out there!!  I am definitely doing a bike ride tomorrow and since it will be early, might be able to also get in a run and a swim... we'll see....

Sunday - June 9

Umm, yeah, gonna call this a summer vacation day.... was raining when I got up, hubby wanted to go out to breakfast, had chores to do at home, and have to go back to daughter's house to be a chauffeur early tomorrow morning because her car is in the shop, so sleeping over at her place tonight... ain't nuthin' happening over here today!

Saturday - June 8

Run
  • 49m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

Run suckage.... just couldn't get it going. First mile was okay, but then it turned into an effort in HTFU and get it done, run/walk/run/walk.

• Calories out: 2439 From lifestyle:2098, From activities:341

Friday - June 7

Swim
  • 54m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

-----
WU: 400 and stretch
-----
DRILLS:
6 x 100, on 2:00 (alt. 25 breathe R/ 25 breathe L)
------
MAIN SET:
50, 100, 150, 200, 200, 150, 100, 50, rest :15
6 x 50 pull, rest :15
-----
CD: 200
------

Finally it is REALLY the last day of school!  Had a pretty uneventful day yesterday although plans got changed a bit and I did have 2 hordes of kids in my room for a total of an hour and a half, but then we did put the rest of them in the gym and I got to listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks for another hour and half.... Then the 5 of us PE and Music teachers went out to lunch and by the time we got back to campus the kids were GONE!!!  Got a good bit of stuff done in my room, could have gotten it all done but knowing I have to kill 6 hours there today, I held back!  We have to put in 6 hours, so the earlier I get there, the sooner I can leave.... last day for me to pick up the grandsons and since I'm getting them early I'm going to bring them to our house and put them in the kiddie pool and just veg... aaaaaaaaaah!!!

• Calories out: 2471 From lifestyle:2095, From activities:376

Thursday - June 6

Run
  • 45m 25s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 11m 20s /Mi

-----
5:22 a.m.
-----
72*-82%-W5
------
Decent run! Ran into a tri friend a block from my house (what are the chances at this time of the morning??!) and ran about a mile with her back to her house and then I went solo to finish up my run. I still walked a few times, but it IS getting better! It actually felt pretty good in spite of the humidity!
-----

Last day of school !!!  (w/ kids, still a teacher day tomorrow).  The kids leave at 1:00, but we will be done with our classes at noon, woot!!!  We are herding them into the gym with a movie so we can get all the Field Day equipment cleaned up and put away (think of hosing off multiple muddy tarps...).  Then it will be time to get my classroom put up for the summer and kill time till summer vacation starts, hoping to be DONE by 2 p.m. tomorrow!!!! 

• Calories out: 2495 From lifestyle:2100, From activities:395

Hildebeast's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races