Run
  • 52m
  • 4.16 miles
  • 12m 30s /Mi

9:34 a.m.
-----
82/72%/SSE 6mph
-----
Hot, humid, sweaty... this was an effort in trying to keep the HR under control... first 2 miles were pretty good, but the second half I had to start run/walk, trying to keep the HR down. Walking it would go down, and then once I started running it would go even higher than before until even walking it wasn't coming down much... ugh... I'm really going to have to make the effort to get up early and run in the dark, at least psychologically it should feel better....
-----

• Calories out: 2458 From lifestyle:2096, From activities:362

Friday - June 14

Run
  • 40m 04s
  • 2.81 miles
  • 14m 15s /Mi

Warm, humid, didn't feel any wind. This was a trail run and I hadn't been to the trail since the spring, before all the melanoma crap. The leaves were just coming out then, so there was a LOT more vegetation, sometimes making it hard to see the path, lots of stuff brushing up against my legs. I was REALLY paranoid about snakes, but didn't see any, thank god, but about 3/4 way into the run there was a deer carcass splayed across the path, and leading up to it were some guts and fresh blood. The abdomen was gone and you could see the ribs, so I pretty much got the heebie jeebies at that point, wondering what kind of creature had done that (man, coyote?) and was it still out there in the woods somewhere. It seemed pretty fresh, the blood was still wet on the trail and there wasn't a smell of death yet... Walked a lot after the first mile, and was glad to get back to the car. Thinking I won't be doing this one solo till the leaves are down again and it's cold out...

• Calories out: 2347 From lifestyle:2104, From activities:244

Thursday - June 13

Bike
  • 1h 18m 44s
  • 20.27 miles
  • 15.45 Mi/hr

9:10 a.m.
-----
Temp: 82
Humidity: 59%
Wind: SW 7 mph
-----
A pretty good solo ride, felt strong. Had a tailwind for awhile so my speed felt pretty good, but sweat was dripping off my face, so it actually felt good to turn into it to feel the breeze! Beautiful sunny day, low traffic, just nice. Heard a sound on my right at one point and looked over and saw a pit bull chasing me, thankfully BEFORE the hill, so he gave up, he wasn't barking or anything, just chasing, kind of took me by surprise!

• Calories out: 2765 From lifestyle:2080, From activities:684

Wednesday - June 12

Run
  • 38m 40s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12m 53s /Mi

8:47 a.m.
-----
81-71%-S14
-----
AVG HR: 155
-----
Goal was to keep HR in Zone 2 (>154), almost success, but it called for very slow running and lots of walking. It is SO hard for me to keep the HR down when it's hot and humid, once it gets up there it's all over. I'd walk and bring it down and within a minute it was back up over 160. Just gotta keep at it.... and maybe run earlier!! The air felt saturated and I don't know if it was that or me catching a cold, it just felt hard to breathe out there.
-----

Caught a cold and feeling just a little lousy.  Daughter has my car for at least another day, so swimming is on hold for now.  Roofers are coming tomorrow.... this is not my vision of the first week of summer vacation!

• Calories out: 2373 From lifestyle:2105, From activities:269

Tuesday - June 11

Bike
  • 1h 24m 32s
  • 21.31 miles
  • 15.13 Mi/hr

Met a tri friend for a bike/run brick! Did a nice route, really nice outside, kind of sunny/overcast, not too much wind, but pretty humid. Felt a lot better than I would have expected, I'll take it!! Got back to her truck and changed into running shoes for our brick, this is where it got ugly.

Run
  • 27m 17s
  • 2.26 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

Brick... she was using a Galloway 3 minute run/1 minute walk and I was HAPPY to use this as well.... however I had a good bit more walking in there.... we had one big hill we went up and down twice... a good solid effort.

• Calories out: 2985 From lifestyle:2060, From activities:925

Monday - June 10

So yeah, got totally caught up in doing things for my kids today, that training once again did not happen... I'd go for a run if it wasn't 96 out there!!  I am definitely doing a bike ride tomorrow and since it will be early, might be able to also get in a run and a swim... we'll see....

Hildebeast's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

Totals