2013: They call me "HILDEBEAST"....

Thursday - April 10

Wednesday - April 9

Super long day.... had to leave home around 6:30 a.m. to hopefully avoid the traffic backup near work caused by Obama's arrival to Ft. Hood for the Memorial Service.  Ironically there seemed to be less traffic than  normal and my commute took the same time as always.  Then had to drive an hour afterschool to my dermatology appointment and didn't get home till around 6:30 p,m., just in time to hit the couch!  Derm doc took a biopsy off my back and froze a bunch of stuff off my face, hands and arms.  I can't reach the biopsy area, so now I have to depend on hubby to replace my bandage every night, ugh.  He can be such a turd about it.  I know he really doesn't mind doing it, I just have to hear his stupid snarky comments every time, REALLY??!!  In any case, still sniffling and coughing, so no workout happened.

• Calories out: 2120 From lifestyle:2120, From activities:0

Tuesday - April 8

Run
  • 22m 22s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 11m 10s /Mi

5:30 p.m.
-----
73 -- 23% -- NNE 18 mph
-----
Pepper Creek, just a short one with the new Newton's. They felt a little tight, might have to adjust the elastic laces I put in, but I was happy with the pace, finally seeing an improvement! And what's up with Garmin Connect? I can't upload my workouts, all I get is a blank box?? Anyone else?

I thought this head cold was going to blow over pretty quick... but NOOOoo, chest cough is back and now congested and voice is bad.  Looks like this could end up to be a rest WEEK, sigh....

• Calories out: 2300 From lifestyle:2106, From activities:194

Monday - April 7

After WAY too many years of procrastination, hubby and I bought a new mattress yesterday.... and it felt soooo good I was unable to drag myself out of it to get up super early, I savored that extra hour!  Hopefully will get in either a bike or a run this afternoon!

Sunday - April 6

Rainy day and still feeling a bit under the weather, so this will be a rest day....

Saturday - April 5

Sick

Friday - April 4

Run
  • 35m 16s
  • 3.06 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

6:45 a.m.
-----
51 -- 45% -- N 17 mph
-----
Whew, what a difference a rest day and 20 degrees cooler makes! Stiff wind in my face the first half, was kinda chilly, but felt perfect once the wind was at my back! Ran all of it today, feeling the fitness coming back...

So I took today off from school and hubby and I drove down to Fredericksburg, TX to pick up our packets for the Gran Fondo which we are not doing tomorrow.  (He has to work and is DEFINITELY not trained for it!).  We figured we might as well get the packet and Tshirt we paid for.  Tshirt is so-so and packet was totally lame for as many big sponsors as they had... they must have put their money into the pre-race party tonight and post-race whatever tomorrow.  One hammer bar and a bunch of brochures for other races in places probably no one will go to (like Cozumel!).  We decided to head over to Austin and check out the big sale at Bicycle Sports shop and get some lunch.  Bike sale was lame, prices not all that great, but lunch was good.  Then we stopped at Luke's Locker, hubs wanted to check out some New Balance shoes and I wanted to check out some Hoka One Ones that my friend, Tammy Tucker has (she ran the Army marathon in them).  They were okay, comfie, but they also had the new Newtons in stock, which have gone from 4 lugs on the bottom to 5, and wearing those felt like coming home.  I guess I really am a Newtons gal at heart.  They are neon pink with bright yellow soles and of course I have to round out those colors with some neon green laces, ha ha!  Can't wait to try them out.  Still plenty of miles left on the old Newtons, so I'll be swapping them out until the old ones are dead and kaput.  Now to go over to Kati's house for some well deserved junk food and movie/girlie time!!

I forgot to add that the bluebonnets were outstanding, best part of living in Texas in the Spring!

• Calories out: 2373 From lifestyle:2098, From activities:275

Hildebeast's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance