Run
  • 35m 16s
  • 3.06 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

6:45 a.m.
-----
51 -- 45% -- N 17 mph
-----
Whew, what a difference a rest day and 20 degrees cooler makes! Stiff wind in my face the first half, was kinda chilly, but felt perfect once the wind was at my back! Ran all of it today, feeling the fitness coming back...

So I took today off from school and hubby and I drove down to Fredericksburg, TX to pick up our packets for the Gran Fondo which we are not doing tomorrow.  (He has to work and is DEFINITELY not trained for it!).  We figured we might as well get the packet and Tshirt we paid for.  Tshirt is so-so and packet was totally lame for as many big sponsors as they had... they must have put their money into the pre-race party tonight and post-race whatever tomorrow.  One hammer bar and a bunch of brochures for other races in places probably no one will go to (like Cozumel!).  We decided to head over to Austin and check out the big sale at Bicycle Sports shop and get some lunch.  Bike sale was lame, prices not all that great, but lunch was good.  Then we stopped at Luke's Locker, hubs wanted to check out some New Balance shoes and I wanted to check out some Hoka One Ones that my friend, Tammy Tucker has (she ran the Army marathon in them).  They were okay, comfie, but they also had the new Newtons in stock, which have gone from 4 lugs on the bottom to 5, and wearing those felt like coming home.  I guess I really am a Newtons gal at heart.  They are neon pink with bright yellow soles and of course I have to round out those colors with some neon green laces, ha ha!  Can't wait to try them out.  Still plenty of miles left on the old Newtons, so I'll be swapping them out until the old ones are dead and kaput.  Now to go over to Kati's house for some well deserved junk food and movie/girlie time!!

I forgot to add that the bluebonnets were outstanding, best part of living in Texas in the Spring!

• Calories out: 2373 From lifestyle:2098, From activities:275

Thursday - April 3

My heart is aching for the victims and families of yet another shooting tragedy on Ft. Hood.  I hope that those involved are not parents of any of my students!  My school is immediately outside the east gate of Ft. Hood and I drive on post every couple of weeks, and thankfully did not go on yesterday or I would have been included in the lockdown.  It is so sad that the shooter was a soldier, in uniform, who had every right to be on the base, and yet stole our sense of safety in his act.  Our soldiers have been deployed to war zones over and OVER and we are now seeing the results of what that does to them.  Why someone who is hurting and angry has to take out other lives is beyond me, take your own, but killing others will not lessen your pain !!  Our community will pull through this once more, but we are hurting...

sdf

So our principal let us go home as soon as our students were dismissed which on Thursdays means 2 hours early!  I thought I could get a bike in, but it was pretty windy and when I got home and checked the weather, there is a tornado watch!  So yeah, I though probably a NO on that....

• Calories out: 2120 From lifestyle:2120, From activities:0

Wednesday - April 2

Run
  • 37m 01s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12m 20s /Mi

5:35 a.m.
-----
71 -- 78% -- SSE 15 mph
-----
Slow slog... I guess it's acclimation time, very warm.

• Calories out: 2354 From lifestyle:2097, From activities:256

Tuesday - April 1

Run
  • 36m 19s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

5:35 a.m.
-----
66 -- 84% -- SSE 9 mph
-----
Warm and sticky this morning. Ran first 2 miles, ran/walked the last mile.

• Calories out: 2349 From lifestyle:2098, From activities:252

Monday - March 31

Run
  • 43m 03s
  • 3.47 miles
  • 12m 24s /Mi

5:30 a.m.
-----
58 -- 81% -- S 14 mph
-----
Run/walk, legs were tired. But shorts running, woot!

• Calories out: 2392 From lifestyle:2094, From activities:298

Sunday - March 30

Run
  • 42m 22s
  • 3.03 miles
  • 13m 58s /Mi

8:50 a.m.
-----
55 -- 41% -- Winds pretty calm
-----
Absolutely gorgeous morning for a trail run.... this was definitely a run/walk. So I'm okay with that pace! My goal is to one day be able to run the whole thing. Best part was NO SNAKES! I really worry about that with the weather warming up, especially since the trails are wooded with rocks or lined by tall grass or is near the river.... rattlesnakes, water moccasins are NOT my friends and I NEVER want to see them!

asdfasdf

• Calories out: 2351 From lifestyle:2094, From activities:257

Saturday - March 29

Bike
  • 2h 01m 36s
  • 29.52 miles
  • 14.57 Mi/hr

8:10 a.m.
-----
50-60 -- 57% -- N 13 mph
-----
Smoking Spokes ride... awesome day with awesome bike friends! I am glad we did not try to push to do the 57 miles, that would surely have hurt! We are shooting for that distance for the next big ride in May.

• Calories out: 3099 From lifestyle:2046, From activities:1053

Hildebeast's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance