El Scorcho...

Monday - July 8

Run
  • 1h 04m 56s
  • 7.25 miles
  • -----

It was definitely heating up out there during my run at SCP. Thankfully there was a breeze from the south to help keep things from getting too sticky. I felt okay, maybe a little tired today.

Strength
  • 10m

Core, bridge, clam, lunges, squats

Sunday - July 7

Saturday - July 6

Run
  • 3h 23m 43s
  • 20.10 miles
  • -----

Once again I didn't get out as early as I would have liked. I felt really tired after getting to bed late last night. After waiting for the initial rain to stop, I headed out to SCP for some LSD in my new altra lone peaks (which felt great btw). During my run I got in several repeat on the dirt hill while listening to the live music and festivities at the "legalize it" gathering held at the picnic tables close by. Overall I felt pretty good today, but did have a couple of rare stumbles while out there (once on a rock while running down the big hill, and the other on a stick that wedged itself under my laces before breaking off while on the nature trail). It rained off and on throughout the run, but nothing too heavy. It actually felt refreshing.

Friday - July 5

Bike
  • 30m
  • 6.50 miles
  • -----

Phil's Fat Tire Birthday Bash Ride. Rode along the river and Indian.

Strength
  • 04m

Core

Thursday - July 4

Run
  • 1h 29m 36s
  • 10.10 miles
  • -----

Not too bad. Although I got out later this morning than I wanted, the cooler July weather felt nice. I made my way to SCP and snaked the paths before heading home. My right toe felt tender, which means my lower calf is probably tight, but other than that I felt good.

Strength
  • 06m

Core

Wednesday - July 3

Run
  • -----
  • 4.35 miles
  • -----

After getting in late last night from a great 311 / Cypress Hill concert in KC, I got up somewhat early for an incline workout on the hotel treadmill. I felt decent despite the lingering smell of skunky smoke from the night before. I enjoyed the Lifefitness TM because it has a built in program that makes it appear that you are climbing a mountain and shows your elevation gain during the workout. During my hour I got in something like 2,600 vertical feet. Once again I varied my running and walking to simulate the mountain, and pretty much kept my incline between 10 and 15. If I had more time I would have ideally got in 6 miles this morning at incline, but I'm happy with what I did.

Sport #1
  • Walking at Incline
  • 1h 00m
Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Megan and I went to Firefly for an hour of yoga this evening. It felt nice to relax and stretch. I'm dehydrated. It was also nice running into Fernando and Karlee as well.

Tuesday - July 2

Run
  • 1h 13m 30s
  • 7.55 miles
  • -----

Loving the great July weather! I decided to run to the big hill at SCP for 30ish repeats. I felt decent.

Strength
  • 09m

Core, squats, etc.

zjones' Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume