legs are still very sore. got a light massage monday and will try to hit the hottub at 24hr today. have been eating like a pig the last few days and will do the same tomorrow. looks like i scored some free tix to the TX/TX A&M game tomorrow!!!! *** race report is done! http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=140336
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 4374.45 yards
  • 01m 22s /100 yards

good swim. made it to the turnaround under 27min but think we went with a small current on the way out. on the way back hit some bad calf cramps that caused me to stop and work them out. finished the last 10+ mins of swim trying not to kick and cramp any further. hit the steps and took almost 30secs to get to the timing mats. experienced another gut-wrenching calf cramp once the wetsuits guys yanked my suit off and then it was a slow hobble to the changing tent.

Bike
  • 5h 15m 09s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 21.32 Mi/hr

bike went really good. probably pushed a little too harder than i should have but felt i needed to to make for swim/T1 time lost. nutrition went well and got a little faster each lap. surprised my last lap was the fastest since we had the wind in our face by then headed back down the beeline.

Run
  • 3h 29m 16s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 07m 59s /Mi

run was all i could have asked for with the stomach issues i had between miles 7-15ish. went with infinit on the run and i just couldnt get it down. once i finally abandoned the infinit it took a few miles for my stomach to adjust to coke but once it did the legs were moving pretty well again. i did walk alot of aid stations in order to get the coke down the hatch but skipped the last few to finish strong and paid for it was some heavy hammy cramps 200meters from the finish.

:) **** i wanted to finish 9:40 and top 7 with a chance at a kona slot. based on the times in my age group that would have put me ninth and would need a rolldown of 2 positions to get to hawaii. i did finish 9:56 and i am estatic was that result. once i felt i was not going to make 9:40 during the early part of the run the goal was sub 10hrs no matter what. thanks for all the support!!!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 10m
  • 1.40 miles
  • 07m 08s /Mi

t-run to tease the legs

Swim
  • 15m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

quick swim at the race site

Bike
  • 20m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

ez bike to run thru gears

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 10m
Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m
nothing left to do but drop the gear off this afternoon and then go to bed. it all comes down to tomorrow for me. i set the time goal back in january of what i thought would get me to kona. its going to take everything i got to hit or exceed it and thats what i plan to do. i have finished an IM and now i plan to race one with the risk of a meltdown to win the ultimate prize. thanks for everyone's support this past year and i promise to give 100% the whole time tomorrow. and with that here are the time goals for bib # 465 Swim - 57-58min Bike - 5:15-5:20 Run - 3:15-3:20 tran - ????? ---------------- total 9:40ish *** just confirmd i need to be in the top 7 of my AG to be guaranteed a kona slot

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 15m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

ez spin after changing out the rim tape on the zipp 404.

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 20m
Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 35m
relaxation day. got a good nights sleep and a nap. picked up amber from the airport and saw the movie role models (very funny). was downtown this morning for the pro athlete press conference. notes from the conference: chris lieto bikes like a beast on a set of chicken legs, kieran doe has dreads like lenny kravatz (not sure what he does with that hair on the swim), and michael lovato is a funny SOB.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9.5
Swim
  • 25m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 40s /100 yards

OWS at race site. water temp in low 60s so my feet hurt when i first got in. did some easy swimming with a few race pace efforts. guesstimated the distance.

Bike
  • 51m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 17.65 Mi/hr

road ez in full race setup (put on new tires). great weather out.

Run
  • 21m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m /Mi

t-run off the bike. legs felt pretty good.

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 10m
Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m
got registered today and did some working out. got a good nights sleep last night and then a mini nap today. enjoyed the race feel at registration today. saw several pros out and walked up on andy potts. thats a big dude!

• Health data: Hours slept: 10.5

jwithyco's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals