• 17.48 Mi/hr

Fab Friday trainer ride

Run
  • 25m 16s
  • 3.75 miles
  • -----

Elliptical "run"

I bruised my armpit

End of week 4 which means I should be 2/3 of the way through Slingland!

• Health data: Injury: 3

Thursday - October 23

Bike
  • 1h 00m 16s
  • 17.30 miles
  • 17.22 Mi/hr

So Happy It's Thursday trainer ride

Run
  • 25m 04s
  • 3.60 miles
  • -----

Elliptical "run"

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

Today's session involved me learning a lot of soft tissue work that I can do at home. Basically, the muscles surrounding the surgical area are very very tight. The fact that this wad more of a traumatic injury, as opposed to an overuse injury, and the three weeks between the injury and repair are probably contributing factors. So, I'm supposed to do lots and lots of soft tissue work between now and my appointment next Tuesday. Like, as much soft tissue work as I can stand,

Soft tissue:
* subscapularis under arm - tennis ball and/or trigger point ball, supporting neck with foam roller
* Pec - using foam roller
* Lats - using ball and/or foam roller

Exercises
* Sleeper
* Standing sleeper
* Row and other laying down stretch
* Over head with cane

Jeff also said that I can get into the pool and do some -- well, basically arm waving when submerged up to my neck. I don't know that I can get my swimsuit on. Maybe I can dig out an older, more stretched out suit.

For those interested:

Sleeper (they have me doing prayer hands pushing toward mt shoulder mostly)

Sleeper

Overhead with cane (I'm using The Stick for this one)

cane overhead

Do "rowing" and this motion (no weight!), focusing on the interior part of the shoulder blade

face down row

Soft Tissue work

Arm pit

arm pit

Lat roll out

lats

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Injury: 3

Wednesday - October 22

Bike
  • 45m 32s
  • 13.17 miles
  • 17.35 Mi/hr

Wonderful Wednesday trainer ride

Run
  • 22m 05s
  • 3.10 miles
  • -----

Elliptical "run"

So, my manager is out of town and late yesterday she asked for me to do a "hard" project. I had a few questions and she responded overnight. I started the project at 7:30 this morning. I finished the project at 7:40 this morning.

Tuesday - October 21

Bike
  • 1h 00m 08s
  • 17.11 miles
  • 17.07 Mi/hr

Tuesday Trainer Time

Run
  • 20m 07s
  • 2.75 miles
  • -----

Elliptical "run"

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

More stretching. Added a few new ones. Pulley (three planes, straight out front, 45 degrees and straight to the side), sleeper - Posterior Capsular Sleeper Stretch - (both external, and ever so carefully in the internal direction) - supine external & internal rotation. Jeff also went over standing "sleeper." This will help because I can do them at work.

We added two laying on the stomach with the left arm dangling exercises, both of which the focus should be the shoulder blade's interior.

Jeff said that I'm still on track and that I should be turning a corner at about the four week mark. That's good news!

Finally, I scheduled six more PT sessions so I am booked through mid November.

I've been feeling pretty frustrated and down these past few days and I had a meltdown last night. Part of the problem, probably a of of the problem in fact, is that I feel like I haven't slept in four weeks. I've been "sleeping but apparently it's not restful sleeping.

Also, I find it to be very unhelpful when coworkers point out things my saying, "Too bad you're missing all this great weather!"  I want to say unkind things to the children that approached me in Costco and said, in a rude and nasty tone that even took my mlld-mannered husband aback, "What did you do to that?!"  And telling me that your recovery is faster than mine? Also not helpful.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Injury: 3

Monday - October 20

Bike
  • 45m 19s
  • 13.23 miles
  • 17.51 Mi/hr

Munchie Monday on the trainer

"Why munchie?" you ask. Because I am working at the State Fair this morning. (Probably will not partake, more there to soak up the atmosphere.)

Run
  • 15m 19s
  • 2.10 miles
  • -----

Elliptical "run"

15 minutes continues to go well. I think I'll try 20 next time.

Judi asked about the fair. I'm pasting my response below. (one handed typing is for the birds!)

The fair was good. Great weather so busy. My shift ended at 1:00 so of course I walked to the opposite end of the fairgrounds to get a free hushpuppy =:-o  Then I checked out the roasted corn place that I like and decided to take a pass (corn not charred enough), then went to the building closest to the exit I was using and got a pickle from the Mount Olive booth and "sampled" more NC peanuts than I'd care to admit and finished up getting a maple syrup cotton candy for Kevin. Then I walked back to the office.

• Health data: Injury: 3

Sunday - October 19

Bike
  • 1h 00m 07s
  • 17.42 miles
  • 17.39 Mi/hr

Sudsy Sunday on the trainer

"Why sudsy?" you ask. Because Team CBC is Carolina Brewing Company!

Run
  • 15m 28s
  • 2.10 miles
  • -----

Elliptical "run"

This morning I volunteered to do parking for the Team CBC Fall Rally.  The team was really good to me in New Bern.

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned

Time

Upcoming races

• Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon (Run)
    11/16/2014 Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roll Raleigh Half Marathon (Run)
    4/12/2015 Raleigh, North Carolina

Totals

• October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals