Run
  • 2h 02m 10s
  • 13.51 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

Laura Duncan-Bond Park

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Pre run stretching/core -- pigeon, prone quad stretch, forearm plank, seated spinal twist (2x per side), butterfly pose groin stretch -- as well as planks (2x70) and knee pushups with protraction of shoulder blades (30).

Bike
  • 2h 00m 12s
  • 33.19 miles
  • 16.57 Mi/hr

Trainer time with House Crashers

Raw rainy day. Taking it inside. 

Swim
  • 47m 23s
  • 1968.50 yards
  • -----

LTF Swim

400 w/u
200 pull with buoy and paddles
12 x 50 as four sets of easy/moderate/fast
4 x 50 kick with board and fins, sprint last 12.5 of each 50
2 x 25 (25, 2 x 30 seconds push outs, 25)
25 dog paddle drill
75 catch up drill
50 single arm drill
2 x 30 seconds standing sculls followed by 100 build
= 1800 meters

I wanted to make sure that I remembered the catch up drill properly and that the single arm drill was do-able before moving on to the next few workouts in this series.

Shoulder a bit talkative from yesterday’s PT session. Didn’t seem to become more disgruntled as I continued to swim.

Run
  • 39m 11s
  • 4.40 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

Downtown-Hillcrest

Nice run today. I enjoyed it!

Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

Assisted stretching, dry needling, more stretching, body blade, band work, TRX

We also discussed dry needling (not just the shoulder but in general) as part of maintenance.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Pre run stretching/core -- pigeon, prone quad stretch, forearm plank, seated spinal twist (2x per side), butterfly pose groin stretch -- as well as planks (2x70) and knee pushups with protraction of shoulder blades (30).

√ PT later this morning.

Run
  • 1h 15m 22s
  • 8.53 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

House Creek to Blue Ridge

Fun run! It was nice to be back in shorts, albeit with long sleeves. Workout included 3x 1/4 mile @ 5k pace with 1/4 mile between.

I have to admit that I did a poor job selecting where the intervals would fall in the run. I did warm up from my office to the greenway at Meredith and started the intervals shortly after crossing Hillsborough, without thinking much about the terrain (other than that I wanted to finish before Glen Eden). Well, I think that all there intervals fell on downhill sections.

smiling is free

Run
  • 1h 08m 13s
  • 7.50 miles
  • 09m 06s /Mi

Haddon Hall-Ambergate

It was tough getting my legs going this morning. Either they *really* liked the three day weekend or Sunday's long run took more out of me that I thought it did.

Strength
  • 25m

TRX: row, curls to press, squat to press, single leg squats, T , TRX shoulder stretch, chest press, pec fly (beach ball hug), triceps extension (2x10)

Shoulder strengthening physio ball stuff: prone rows, prone extension, prone Ts (2x15)

90-90 supported alternating crossover with IO/TA (5 sets)

Supine hemi extension with alternate respiratory rectus femoris and sartorius (5 sets)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Pre run stretching -- pigeon, prone quad stretch, forearm plank, seated spinal twist (2x), butterfly pose groin stretch as well as knee pushups with protraction of shoulder blades (30).

I really really like the piece of furniture that we got yesterday!  When I got home from my run and went to shower and get ready for work, I turned on the bedroom light and was just so happy with it!  We have an 20+ year old set of Ethan Allen American Dimensions (two dressers and a bed).  I'm ready to move on.

Hemnes three-drawer dresseer

On your road trip yesterday, Kevin and I discussed ditching DirecTV.  It's just to expensive for the few channels that we actually watch.  SlingTV, which sounds like is "basic cable" would cover most of these channels.  Our main issue is sports.  Is there anyway to stream (to TV) NHL hockey (Carolina Hurricanes) and cycling (Giro, TdF, ToC) via Roku/Chromecast?

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Warrior Fusion yoga class

Good class, and not just because I went to yoga while Kevin worked on the puzzle that us Ikea furniture :-) When I got home from yoga, Kevin was still working on the furniture and every now and then, I'd hear an evil laugh. Then, I'd go and check on him and he would wussy something like, "It's OK, I can fix it." I guess it was (evil) laugh or cry!

Kevin and I are both off for MLK day today.

We just returned from a successful trip to Ikea. I got a three drawer dresser to replace my nightstand.  I need more drawers to hold my gear .  Of course we also picked up a few other things, most of which were on the list.  The store is far enough away that it's an all day affair so a list is kind of a necessity.

jmkizer's Training Log

January 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time
  • Dasani Myrtle Beach Half Marathon (Run)
    2/14/2015 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
  • Shamrock Marathon (Run)
    3/22/2015 Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Half Marathon (Run)
    4/12/2015 Raleigh, North Carolina
  • January's totals
  • December's totals
  • 2015 totals
  • 2014 totals