• 2480.27 yards
  • 02m 15s /100 yards

RSA Masters
In the short pool
400 w/u
6 x 50 drill
200 pull
100 kick

300 swim/pull/swimm (middle one was a pull set)

3 x
200 swim/pull/swimm (middle one was a pull set)
= 3100 *.8 = 2480 yards

• 48m 28s
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

Past Pullen loop, same route as last week. Both times I went up Everett. I thought that I had been avoiding Everett because of the hill but couldn't remember. Both today and last week, I had problems (1) getting across Brooks (not signal light there) and (2) with the one way traffic coming towards me on that section. I think that I'll use Kilgore next time. That way I can cross a the light. There are sidewalks there but they are sketchy.

Also, the City of Raleigh has done a craptastic job of hurricane cleanup. They *still* haven't picked up the storm debris. Since this involves several large trees that are now laying on the sidewalk, this is a problem for me!

• 30m

Strength and Stretch
* plank, knee pushups (30), medicine ball seated twist (30)
* foam rolling and softball rolling
* pigeon, prone quad stretch, thread the needle, seated spinal twist, butterfly pose groin stretch, prone hamstring stretch w/yoga strap
* foam roller back stretches

Back to work for me!  Tonight I should bond with the foam roller as I do most Monday evenings. 

Here in NC we have one stop early voting (1:45 from start to finish).  Kevin and I voted yesterday.  The lines were long but it was a beautiful day and I wasn't in a rush so it was fine.  It may have taken longer than voting on November 8th but at least I wasn't trying to get to work or whatever. The best thing is now I can totally tune out the rhetoric.

Last Monday, a group of people who were riding from a local bike shop were involved in a hit and run.  There were two men and two women.  Both of the women were hit by a driver. One of the women is someone that I've been on many many rides with.  Lori participated in Ironman Chattanooga and Kevin and I had breakfast with her (well, at the adjoining table and we talked) the day after the race.  The following weekend, Lori completed Ironman Barcelona.  We also talked to her at Lake Logan this year and I've done century rides with her as well.  Lori is still in a coma and in critical condition.  I don't think that she has had any voluntary movement.  It's all very upsetting and I'm having a hard time processing it.  The events surrounding it are just horrific to me.

Nine calls were made to 911 about the accident, according to recordings released by the Town of Cary. In one recording, a male caller said a man in a similar vehicle drove into his neighborhood “with a bicycle stuck to his windshield,” which was cracked.

“Now (the bike) is stuck at the bottom of our cul-de-sac,” the caller said. “He threw it out, and I said, ‘Is everything okay?’ and he said, ‘Yeah’ and took off ... Then he hit a mailbox and everything else when he was leaving.”

Another caller described Davis and Cove as “badly wounded” – one conscious with an injured leg and one semi-conscious.

Those of you who are stalking the Ironman NC groups have probably noticed the #Pink4Lori references.  That's her.  Please keep her in your thoughts.

Photos from one of the centuries that we did together -- May 2009, Lori is in the pink -- far right on the top photo, third from the left on the bottom one.

• 1h 24m 32s
  • 23.97 miles
  • 17.01 Mi/hr

Just a Sunday ride :-)

Nothing to see here

Drove home, picked up Zoe, did something about getting food into the house...

• 1h 09m 50s
  • 7.03 miles
  • 09m 56s /Mi

Creeper Trail Rain ☔ Run

Creeper Trail run this morning and then a meandering drive to Asheville. A cold front came through and while it was in the mid 80s yesterday, it was very windy and in the mid 50s today. After arriving in Asheville and checking in to the hotel (points stay and then an upgrade to a suite! feeling fancy!), we visited a few breweries - - Hi Wire, Burial - - after a stop at Vortex Doughnuts because they keep on getting mentioned in the press.

• 4h 55m 19s
  • 65.22 miles
  • 13.25 Mi/hr

Virginia Creeper Trail

Today Kevin and I rode the Virginia Creeper Trail which is a rails to trails thing in southwestern Virginia.

• 46m 01s
  • 5.09 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

After my run, we dropped Zoe off and headed to Abingdon, Virginia. We took the route through Boone. After we arrived, we walked through town and generally explored. We also made sure we knew where the trailhead was for the morning.

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2016 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2016 totals
  • 2015 totals