• 1h 32m 18s
  • 10.51 miles
  • 08m 47s /Mi

Bike
  • 2h 30m 55s
  • 36.47 miles
  • 14.50 Mi/hr

American Tobacco Trail

Squats and clamshells along with my daily PT stuff.

Sport
  • TRX
  • 10m

Today is my last day of work for the year.  The university is closed the 24th-5th (mostly holidays with two mandatory vacation days in there on 12/29 and 1/2).  As you know, my vacation was messed up by the accident/surgery in September and I had three days left so I'm taking tomorrow as well as the 22nd and 23rd off.

√ In terms of training, today is a rest day.  I'll do TRX, etc. tonight when I do my PT.

Bike
  • 1h 00m 16s
  • 19.68 miles
  • -----

LTF spin class with Deb

I got to class early and did 40 minutes before class and the last 20 minutes with Deb.

Run
  • 30m 29s
  • 3.45 miles
  • 08m 29s /Mi

Easy brick run on the LTF treadmill (easy determined by heart rate)

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

Pretty much the same routine as last time: arm bike, bodyblade, TRX warmup with the bands, TRX, assisted stretching. Jeff noted improvement in my form on several of the exercises and said that it looks like the joint is moving well in the socket. We also added a new exercise that involves me holding a softball while laying on my stomach, lifting my elbow straight up in a row, rotating my hand up towards my head and then dropping and catching the ball. He had me until the dropping and catching thing. Well, actually until the and catching part. ;-)

In other news, I scheduled my next set of appointments and January is going to be every other week. Oh, and Jeff mentioned that he might needle me to get that last little bit of range of motion. My muscles are still fighting it. Not sure if this was a threat! (Seriously, I'd be open to it.)

√ PT with Jeff at lunch

Run
  • 1h 05m 11s
  • 7.25 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi

Haddon Hall-Ambergate
Four 1/4 mile repeats with 1/4 mile recovery between mid run

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 12m

Pre run stretching as well as planks (2x45) and knee pushups with protraction of shoulder blades (2x15)

Sport #2
  • TRX
  • 10m

2 x 10 each

row, curls to press, squat to press
TRX shoulder stretch
chest press, pec fly (beach ball hug), triceps extension

Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

Arm bike, bodyblade, stretching, trx warmup (low w, the, high end, I with bands), trx, knee push-ups with protraction of shoulder blades, single arm stabilization

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 37m

Early morning walk with Emma

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Warrior Fusion yoga class. This was about 10 minutes of warm up (mostly upper body), 30 minutes of flow, mostly warrior with some side planks in there, 10 minutes or so of core strength (superman, plank) and 10 minutes of cool down type flow. I did OK but extended triangle gave my shoulder a hard time. Hands behind head in classic sit up position was also not awesome (I just crossed my arms on chest instead).

I did all of the planks as forearm or kneeling side plank per Jeff's instructions.

√ Doctor's appointment and physical therapy this morning.

Doc is very happy with my progress.  After the appointment with him, I went to PT on the other side of the building.  I asked Jeff about massage (yes, no restrictions) and swimming.  He asked what the doctor said but I hadn't asked him ?!.  Jeff said that he'd talk to the doctor.  I relayed this to coach and she said to leave a message for the doctor myself so I did ;-)  I do think that I'm still on track to start swimming at the end of the month (knock wood).  My next follow up with the doctor is at the end of March.

√ Yoga tonight.

Bike
  • 2h 03m 23s
  • 30.01 miles
  • 14.59 Mi/hr

American Tobacco Trail

In addition to my daily PT routine, I did squats and clamshells (2 sets of 10 each).

jmkizer's Training Log

December 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time
  • Commitment Day 5k (Run)
    1/1/2015 Cary, North Carolina
  • Dasani Myrtle Beach Half Marathon (Run)
    2/14/2015 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
  • Shamrock Marathon (Run)
    3/22/2015 Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • December's totals
  • November's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals