Wednesday - July 23

ride tonight

Tuesday - July 22

Run
  • 57m 13s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

Haddon Hall

Drippy/misty morning run with two 1-mile intervals at half marathon pace with a half mile between. I suppose the light rain is better than the heat.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Monday - July 21

Swim
  • 50m 45s
  • 2187.23 yards
  • -----

Easy/moderate recovery swim in the outdoor pool at Lifetime.
750 swim
500 pull
300 swim
300 pull
150 swim, kick timing focus
= 2000 meters

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 05m

Slow Burn Vinyasa Yoga Class

A stationary front is sitting just to the south of us, meaning lots of rain.  Ugh.

This weekend I was a bit worried about my training.  I found out that several other people signed up for IM Chattanooga did the Velo4Yellow 100 miler yesterday.  I started to feel nervous that I am not training enough.  Yes, those people are not me.  Yes, I have an HIM coming up and they don't.  And also I'm worried about Blue Ridge Breakaway. 

Sunday - July 20

Bike
  • 3h 32m 34s
  • 62.54 miles
  • 17.65 Mi/hr

Beaver Creek-Jack Bennett-Bynum Ridge

30% chance for rain, my assets!

I rode about 40 minutes and it started to drizzle enough that I had to take off my glasses. I also put a zip lock on my phone at that time. From then on, it was heavy drizzle, rain, drizzle, rain, heavy drizzle, rain. My original plan was to return home via Martha's Chapel but it was raining hard enough and there are enough churches (and no shoulder) on Farrington that I ended up coming back via Beaver Creek as well.

Saturday - July 19

Swim
    • 1h 26m 30s
    • 3554.24 yards
    • -----

400 w/u
    300 pull
    200 swim
    100 kick
    -
    3 x 200 build
    400 pull
    200 moderate
    3 x 200 build
    50 pull (the kids swim team coach asked me to please switch lanes)
    400 pull
    = 3250 meters

I started my swim at about the time that Aqua class was supposed to start.  I had checked the schedule and it was listed as taking place in the leisure pool but I know that I've seen it in the outdoor lap pool before.  As I feared, it was in the lap pool.  I picked a lane in the middle of the pool since the kid's swim team was scheduled to start about the time my workout would end.  The first two lanes were taken by Aqua, I left an empty lane and then put my stuff in the next one.  The Aqua class then took the lane I left empty.  I spent a good part of my workout having people's butts thrust towards me.  That was... interesting.

Friday - July 18

Run
    • 2h 36m 40s
    • 15.66 miles
    • 10m /Mi

Waterford-Center-Laura Duncan-High House

I'm happy with the distance but a little bit disappointed with my pace. It's been a long training week though. We'll have to see how it goes from here.

Sport
    • Stretching
    • 10m

Swim on tap for tomorrow.  The outdoor pool was really warm when I was there on Monday and I'm not sure that I want to do a longer swim there but I do love the outdoor pool!  Alternatively, I could go to the aquatics center and swim inside.  Decisions, decisions.

Thursday - July 17

Bike
    • 2h 18m 45s
    • 43.27 miles
    • 18.71 Mi/hr

Tonight I tried the Lifetime Fitness Cycle Club ride for the first time. I've done their Saturday ride once or twice but never their weeknight ride. My regular Wednesday night ride is slowly dying and I am looking at this as a possible alternative. I liked it!

Ride tonight!  It's a group ride and I have not done their weeknight rides before.

I took this photo before the ride while Karen G., the ride coordinator, was speaking.  There are additional riders behind me.  We left in groups of 8-12.

The ride coordinator just posted this:  "Broke a record of 73 riders for Thursday Evening Ride."

jmkizer's Training Log

July 2014 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
       1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
    Distance

Actual vs Planned