Sunny skies
High 70F
Low 57F
FRIDAY
Sunny skies
High 74F
Low 54F

• RACE DAY: Ironman Chattanooga
Short bike ride this morning, just spinning this out. Then gear stop off (bike, swim-to-bike, bike-to-run bags). After that, Kevin and I went to the Inclined rail up yo Lookout Mountain and we went to the national park there as well. We had lunch and then spent the afternoon hanging out in the room, early dinner at Mellow Mushroom, recheck the pre/post race bag, nutrition, and bike special needs bags for the morning. Hydrated (yes, with actual water). It's gonna be a hot one tomorrow! Current predicted high is 94 (Accuweather) or 95 (weather.com). (photos on Instagram, will re post here next week)
Made it to Chattanooga yesterday at about 4:30. Then we met up with a few tri blue peeps for dinner. Most people were eating with their families do if was a small group. This morning, so group of us went Chickamauga Lake (Tennessee River but dammed) for a short swim. Most of us did a short ride and/or run as well. Then I went to athlete check- in, looked at the Ironcr*p store, did attended the athlete briefing. I may go cnd watch the undie run tonight (definitely passing on ghen participation part!). Tomorrow, I drop off the bike, the swim-to-bike bag, and the bike-to-run bag. It'll be hot on race day. Current water temp is 81.5.

Travel day.  We're dropping Zoe off for boarding and then heading to Chattanooga.  Team dinner tonight.

Forecast for Sunday is back to 92.  I'm told that the record high is 94.

I'll try to update the blog while I am gone and I'll be following along on email as well.

Swim
  • 54m 28s
  • 2187.23 yards
  • -----

LTF swim
400 pull
4 x 400 hard/ez @30
= 2000 meters

Forecast for Sunday's race not getting any cooler.  Not getting any wetter either (and that's a good thing).  No worries.  I've trained in the heat and I think that the humidity will be manageable.

Regarding managing expectations, I guess that I may need to cut myself some slack for my desired run time if the temps don't fall rather rapidly in the evening.  I'm thinking super secret goal range as opposed to goal time.

Bike
  • 1h 00m 24s
  • 16.81 miles
  • 16.70 Mi/hr

Trainer ride. Just some Z2 stuff with 4 x 1 minute intervals

√ Ride tonight, hopefully outside.

The forecast for Sunday is now 91. The predicted temperature went up but the chance of rain went down.  Not stressing about it but tracking it.  (FWIW, I think that we were all expecting something in the 75-80 degree range.  Just need to watch the hydration a bit more.) I'm actually a lot more concerned about getting gas to make the trip at this point and I'm actually not all that worried about the gas situation. I figure that Kevin can deal with that, right? ;-)

jmkizer's Training Log

September 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
Time
  • September's totals