• 54m 47s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 02m 11s /100 yards

Warm up,
300 swim with scull drill every 3rd
200 paddle pull
6 x 100 as per 25- fast/Ez :20.

Main set:

200 m as fast as you can go from a push start, try to keep your stroke long and strong. Record time

one minute recovery between sets

800 m from a pushed out as fast as you can go, try to remember to focus on the back half of your stroke as well as staying as streamlined as possible in the water. Record time

100 swim
100 pull

PT said that I can start doing some run/walk. He did not seem super stoked about it but said that he would probably not hurt anything. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Fingers crossed.

Bike
  • 42m 10s
  • 10.48 miles
  • 14.91 Mi/hr
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 30m

So... Kevin's car in in the shop and has been for a week now. Warranty repair of something to do with the transmission. He wasn't super clear on that bit in all fairness, I think that the dealership wasn't all that clear either. Anyway, he has a loaner so there is that.

Today, we pulled into the garage, went into the house and hit the garage door button. There was a loud sound from the garage and Kevin said, "What just fell?!!" We went back to the garage and the door wound not go up. Upon closer examination, we had one long spring on one side of the garage door and two small springs on the other side. Yup, the spring snapped. We did manage to get the door up and the cars out. Repair scheduled for Tuesday.

Run
  • 1h 24m
  • 5.00 miles
  • -----

Hike with Zoe. 5-ish miles.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 21m

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 16m

Jackie has this down as a rest day. I think that Mike would disagree so I will do my PT like a good patient in hopes of being released for more activities after I see him again on Monday.

Swim
  • 57m 05s
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

WU:
400 swim, choice scull every 3rd (done as 300 with snorkel and 100 without, water up nose)
200 kick with fins on back as dolphin/scissor (done as almost all scissor kick)
200 paddle pull

MS:
2 x
•2 x 200 paddle pull
•3 x 150 desc
I think that I was focusing a whole lot on the kick/back end and not enough on the pull/front end. :-(

CD:
•100 easy.

Run
  • 10m 11s
  • -----
  • -----

Deep water running. Just what I could squeeze in without making myself too late for work.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 21m

Bike
  • 36m 10s
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer ride

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 32m

√ Wee trainer ride on tap...

...and why am I not surprised?   Chris Froome returns abnormal doping test result Yes, I understand that it's an asthma medication but at 2x the limit and after Lauren Fleshman's account of the use and abuse of asthma medications, well...

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim lesson. Mostly kicking, short dog, long dog.

Run
  • 49m 55s
  • 3.26 miles
  • 15m 19s /Mi

Brisk walk with intervals.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 28m

Feeling pretty depressed about next season. Kinda wishing that I had made no plans at all. Want to curl up in a cave right now. This too shall pass :-/

Swim lesson with Jackie this afternoon so, being that it's December and I have some vacation left, I took the whole day off! 

UPDATE: Good news! Jackie spoke with Mike and I can begin working on a return to running plan next week. Mostly run-walk but progress, right? 

jmkizer's Training Log

December 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Chattanooga (Triathlon)
    9/30/2018 Chattanooga, Tennessee