Swim
  • 1h 37m 41s
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 02m 19s /100 yards

Swim
  • 20m
  • 656.17 yards
  • -----

Short, easy swim in the hotel pool. 3 x 16 lengths at 40 seconds recovery.

Race meeting and then athlete check-in and T2 setup at the high school. Going to the first meeting was a good move. All told, it took about two and a half hours but that included lunch and the expo. Dinner at Oakville Grocery in Healdsburg. We saw Dustin Hoffman on the sidewalk while we were on our way to the La Crema tasting room there.  Gorgeous weather! I could get use to this!

We visited Rodney Strong and La Crema today.

Rodney Strong

Kevin in Healdsburg

We saw them setting up T1 on Friday evening as well.

swim exit

T1 setup

Bike
  • 25m 08s
  • 7.03 miles
  • 16.79 Mi/hr

Short easy bike ride. I road to Johnson's beach and then down River Road to just past Korbel and back.

Run
  • 09m 30s
  • 0.98 miles
  • 09m 41s /Mi

Short easy run off the bike

(wonder if watch did not change time zones here???)

Today I slept in a bit and then did my short brick. After that, we drove the route. Mostly the roads didn't seem toi bad. The section at mile 5 just after the Sunset river access is awful. Westside definitely had it's road condition issues as does Chalk Hill.

We took some pictures during the course inspection.  During the race, there were quite a few spectators at Dry Creek General Store as well as in Geyersville.

grapes

Dry Creek General Store - lots of spectators here

Vineyards in Dry Creek area

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

Stretching and airport sprints

Travel day

PM Travel went well. Picked up bike from NorCal Bike Sport in Santa Rosa and headed to West Somona Inn after dinner in Santa Rosa.  I saw this Bike Valet Parking sign in Santa Rosa.  Apparently they have a street fair on 4th street every Wednesday in the summer.

Bike Valet Parking sign

Run
  • 35m 59s
  • 3.75 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

downtown-Peakway

Easy run. Last run before Saturday. It's getting close...

OMG, the packing...

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 05m

Early morning walk with Emma. The usual 5k route through downtown.

PT - More work on the iliopsoas and hamstring on my right leg. I am to keep up the rope stretches and yoga stretches this week. Foam roll when I am at home. I will bring The Stick with me. Follow up appointment after Vineman. Will discuss orthotics again at that time.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 42m 30s

Early morning walk with Emma. The usual 5k route through downtown.

PT - More work on the iliopsoas and hamstring on my right leg. I am to keep up the rope stretches and yoga stretches this week. Foam roll when I am at home. I will bring The Stick with me. Follow up appointment after Vineman. Will discuss orthotics again at that time.

I'm starting to get that "Oh my gosh, what have I signed up?!" feeling.

PM Talked to Coach about the race. 

• She suggested that I check out the swim exit.  Is it rocky and slippery?
  • Swim is narrow.  Drafting opportunity. 
  • Consider going wide at the turn buoys to avoid craziness.
  • Have two plans for T1.   Change shorts if possible (if tent is not way far away or totally insane).  If not possible, just add the bike jersey.
  • She suggested the short sleeve jersey.  It's a lot less humid there than it is here and the SS one should be fine.  I'm bringing the sleeveless in case they have totally blown the forecast.
  • Remember sunscreen -- spray is best so you don't get goopy.
  • Walk the bike out of T1 and up the little hill before mounting.
  • Watch the roads on the bike.  Don't get crazy on the descents because the road are in rough shape.
  • Leave water in T2.  Drink it!
  • Sunscreen in T2
  • Get blister pad gels for run special needs, better to have them and not need them...
  • Try to improve on B2B run time.

Run
  • 50m 53s
  • 5.59 miles
  • 09m 06s /Mi

Apex Peakway run. Good times!

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2515.31 yards
  • -----

warm up, drills, 5 x 400, cool down blah blah blah

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m
Today I was at the pool at doing my spot forwards.  I saw someone on the deck that looked like he was going to use the lane to my right.  I swam a bit more and it was time for my next spot forward and the guy was still getting ready to get in the water.  I was like, "Dang, he's taking his time."  More swimming, another spot forward, he's in getting in the water -- in a wetsuit.  OK, he must be trying it out.  After my workout I looked and he was still in his wet suit in the water and he had a pull buoy.  Wetsuit + pull buoy?!  And hand paddles on the deck too.  huh.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25

jmkizer's Training Log

July 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
Time
  • Commitment Day 5k (Run)
    1/1/2015 Cary, North Carolina
  • Dasani Myrtle Beach Half Marathon (Run)
    2/14/2015 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
  • Shamrock Marathon (Run)
    3/22/2015 Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • December's totals
  • November's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals