High 91F
Low 71F

Thursday - October 10

Swim
  • 1h 18m 12s
  • 2843.39 yards
  • -----

300 w/u
4 x 100 (50 drill, 50 swim. Drills = catch up, fist, single arm, finger tip drag)
100 swim
4x (200 swim, 100 kick, no rest between swim and kick other than putting on fins) @ 30
6 x 50 (hard/easy/hard/easy/hard/easy) @ 15
3 x 100 pull @ 15
= 2600 m (LCM)

Bike
  • 1h 34m 22s
  • 27.24 miles
  • 17.32 Mi/hr

Olive Chapel-Tody Goodwin. It was a wet one! The roads were dry when I got home from work but by the time that I changed and got on the bike, the drizzly misty stuf was back. Heavy drizzle, light rain, rain, more drizzle... My shoes were soaked by the time that I was about halfway through the ride and I was glad that I had the boot dryer when I got home. Still, I was glad to be outside. Good practice, just in case, right?

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Ride tonight!

The dreary weather continues to hang around.  Windy and ranging from damp to heavy mist.  Basically there is a high to the north and a low over the Outer Banks and Raleigh the superhighway between the two.  I should be able to get the ride in outside.  I'm hoping to not get stuck in the wind tunnel again!

Keep believing in yourself and your dreams!

Today's Gratitude: Warm bread

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - October 9

Bike
  • 1h 06m 12s
  • 18.88 miles
  • 17.11 Mi/hr

Windy ride down old 1 and back. I got caught in the Apex Wind Tunnel! Oh well, if we are going to have damp, windy weather, better this week than...

Run
  • 30m 43s
  • 3.51 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

Downtown

√ Ride tonight! Hopefully outside!

The tri bike went to the shop today for a tune up.

Today's Gratitude: Shelter.  It's kind of damp and nasty outside today and I'm glad to have a warm and dry indoor place.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Tuesday - October 8

Swim
  • 1h 07m 15s
  • 2515.31 yards
  • -----

200 w/u with spot forwards
100 kick
200 pull
4 x 100 (drill - 6/3/6, swim, kick, swim)
300 pull @ 30
50 ez @ 15
200 tempo @ 30
50 ez @ 15
100 fast
1 minute rest between rounds
100 fast @ 30
50 ez @ 15
200 tempo @ 30
50 ez @ 15
300 pull
= 2300 meters (LCM)

Run
  • 46m 37s
  • 5.25 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

Library-Park loop

25 degrees cooler than last Tuesday! 61 degrees, overcast and breezy which is great running weather. (FWIW, the average for this time of year should be between the two -- mid 70s. So I guess we are averaging correct!). 10 x 1 minute strides with 1 minute between mid run.

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 15m

Pre swim core workout

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Run tonight!

Today's Gratitude: I'm thankful for the support that I received from the Tuesday morning masters group.  Erin is on deck and provides stimulating workouts, tips and positive feedback.  Brad, my lane mate most weeks, is funny and keeps the mornings light and fun.

Monday - October 7

Sport
  • Walking
  • 38m 45s

Early morning walk with Emma

Doctor's appointment this morning -- just a regular check-up. I mentioned the saddle sore situation to him and Dr. R. prescribed an ointment (nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide).  Hopefully that, combined with taper, will resolve it.  In other news, my liver values are higher than the were last time so he wants me to recheck in sometime before Thanksgiving.  I did point out that the blood work was done at the tail end of peak Ironman training. They are not super high or anything, just different than what he expected from me.

Ann-Marie just sent me a link to a review of Cobb Saddles.  I have the Cobb V-Flow Plus on my tri bike now and I'm looking to change it out on my road bike.  Thanks Hands!

Today's Gratitude: My health. I am thankful that I am able to be as active as I care to be.  I know that I am fortunate! 

Sunday - October 6

Bike
  • 45m 47s
  • 12.74 miles
  • 16.70 Mi/hr

Ten-Ten.

Foggy foggy ride. So foggy, in fact, that about 10 minutes into the ride I thought about turning around. But I was already on the bike and already a quarter of the way done with the ride portion of the workout so I decided to go on.

Run
  • 2h 00m 17s
  • 13.13 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi

Downtown-Bond Park-Apex Park

I’ve been running in my DeSoto 400 mile shorts. They have always treated me well. I wanted to switch things up in case I need to use different shorts for B2B. In case the seam on the DeSoto shorts irritate me on the bike. I used the 2XU shorts today. Well... comfy on the bike does not mean comfy on the run. They were not as supportive as the DeSoto and worse than that, using them lead to a bit of monkey butt :-( Oh well, at least I know now that if I wear the 2XU shorts for the bike, I’m probably looking at shorts change before the run.

Canes game tonight!

Opening face offf

Today's Gratitude: Today I am thankful for having a stuggly dog in my life.  I love you, Emma!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Saturday - October 5

Bike
  • 4h 00m 49s
  • 76.40 miles
  • 19.04 Mi/hr

CSH Ride+

15 miles and then the group ride and then another 20 minutes or so and voila!

The Terry Butterfly saddle is going back. I definitely need something with a different cutout.

Pumpkins

Today's Gratitude:  Thankful for my wonderful family!  I spent the afternoon with Kevin and then we met my parents at Sola and I had a great time.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Friday - October 4

Sport
  • Walking
  • 37m 53s

Early morning walk with Emma

Today's Gratitude: I am reading the book The Orphan Train and today I am particularly grateful for all of the love and safety that my family provides.

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned

Time

Upcoming races

• Ironman Chattanooga (Triathlon)
    9/28/2014 Chattanooga, Tennessee
  • Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon (Run)
    11/16/2014 Las Vegas, Nevada
  • MyrtleBeach.com Myrtle Beach Marathon (Run)
    2/14/2015 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Totals

• August's totals
  • July's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals