TUESDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 79F
Low 53F

Monday - October 14

Sport
  • Walking
  • 38m 43s

Early morning walk with Emma. A quick glance at this week's training reminded me that this is a big week for Emma. She's going to be helping me with my runs several times.

An article by my aunt that was in yesterday's NY Times

The Tastemakers: In Pursuit of the World’s Finest Restaurants

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Sunday - October 13

Run
  • 1h 32m 43s
  • 10.25 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

Olive Chapel-Apex BBQ

Canes pregame skate

Pregame skate from today's game.  I enjoyed the first two periods a lot more than the third!  I sure hope that Khudobin isn't seriously injured.  Glad to see Ruutu back.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Saturday - October 12

Bike
  • 3h 09m 04s
  • 59.01 miles
  • 18.73 Mi/hr

LTF Ride - Lystra route

We were riding on Old Lystra and passed this.

heads on a stick

Yes, you are seeing that correctly -- heads on a stick.

bag of heads

And also a bag of heads.  Someone in the group quipped, "That's the last group of cyclists that came through here."

Full disclosure, I went back to show the heads to Kevin and took the pictures then, not during the ride.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25

Friday - October 11

Sport
  • Walking
  • 37m 02s

Early morning walk with Emma. I got up and checked the temperature after letting Emma out for her constitutional. 59 degrees. That's better than was forecast! I went upstairs and put on walking cloths and shoes, checked the radar. Nothing. Confirmed that it was also 59 and the airport. Then I went back downstairs, grabbed Emma's leash and we were off. Oh, heavy mist. Emma like's this weather. I'm ready for it to move on.

I talked to the fine folks at Impact and they said they can just reorder my orthotics and that they do not need to recast my feet and that has been done.  I'm hoping to start using them right after B2B.

In other news, I brought the red bike to work with me today.  I plan to stop by Inside-Out about the saddle on the way home.  I brought red into the office with me to keep it safe and warm and dry.  Mostly safe.

Create a happy place

Today's Gratitude:  Today I am thankful for the local tri community.  When I went to return the Terry saddle, not only was Mike at IOS very helpful with swapping out the saddle, taking care to keep the fit measurements, but he also recommended a different saddle (Specialized Lithia) to me.  They did not have it in stock but they are ordering it for the store and I can give it a tryout after B2B.  They were just super nice about the whole thing and I felt supported.

Thursday - October 10

Swim
  • 1h 18m 12s
  • 2843.39 yards
  • -----

300 w/u
4 x 100 (50 drill, 50 swim. Drills = catch up, fist, single arm, finger tip drag)
100 swim
4x (200 swim, 100 kick, no rest between swim and kick other than putting on fins) @ 30
6 x 50 (hard/easy/hard/easy/hard/easy) @ 15
3 x 100 pull @ 15
= 2600 m (LCM)

Bike
  • 1h 34m 22s
  • 27.24 miles
  • 17.32 Mi/hr

Olive Chapel-Tody Goodwin. It was a wet one! The roads were dry when I got home from work but by the time that I changed and got on the bike, the drizzly misty stuf was back. Heavy drizzle, light rain, rain, more drizzle... My shoes were soaked by the time that I was about halfway through the ride and I was glad that I had the boot dryer when I got home. Still, I was glad to be outside. Good practice, just in case, right?

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Ride tonight!

The dreary weather continues to hang around.  Windy and ranging from damp to heavy mist.  Basically there is a high to the north and a low over the Outer Banks and Raleigh the superhighway between the two.  I should be able to get the ride in outside.  I'm hoping to not get stuck in the wind tunnel again!

Keep believing in yourself and your dreams!

Today's Gratitude: Warm bread

Wednesday - October 9

Bike
  • 1h 06m 12s
  • 18.88 miles
  • 17.11 Mi/hr

Windy ride down old 1 and back. I got caught in the Apex Wind Tunnel! Oh well, if we are going to have damp, windy weather, better this week than...

Run
  • 30m 43s
  • 3.51 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

Downtown

√ Ride tonight! Hopefully outside!

The tri bike went to the shop today for a tune up.

Today's Gratitude: Shelter.  It's kind of damp and nasty outside today and I'm glad to have a warm and dry indoor place.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Tuesday - October 8

Swim
  • 1h 07m 15s
  • 2515.31 yards
  • -----

200 w/u with spot forwards
100 kick
200 pull
4 x 100 (drill - 6/3/6, swim, kick, swim)
300 pull @ 30
50 ez @ 15
200 tempo @ 30
50 ez @ 15
100 fast
1 minute rest between rounds
100 fast @ 30
50 ez @ 15
200 tempo @ 30
50 ez @ 15
300 pull
= 2300 meters (LCM)

Run
  • 46m 37s
  • 5.25 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

Library-Park loop

25 degrees cooler than last Tuesday! 61 degrees, overcast and breezy which is great running weather. (FWIW, the average for this time of year should be between the two -- mid 70s. So I guess we are averaging correct!). 10 x 1 minute strides with 1 minute between mid run.

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 15m

Pre swim core workout

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Run tonight!

Today's Gratitude: I'm thankful for the support that I received from the Tuesday morning masters group.  Erin is on deck and provides stimulating workouts, tips and positive feedback.  Brad, my lane mate most weeks, is funny and keeps the mornings light and fun.

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned

Time

Upcoming races

• Washington Olympic Triathlon (Triathlon)
    6/28/2014 Washington, North Carolina
  • Lake Logan Half (Triathlon)
    8/2/2014 Canton, North Carolina
  • Ironman Chattanooga (Triathlon)
    9/28/2014 Chattanooga, Tennessee

Totals

• April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals