2 x 200 pull
4 x 50 @ 15 descending
4 x 100 @ 20 moderate
4 x 50 @ 30 fast
4 x 50 @ 15 descending
4 x 100 @ 20 moderate
100 pull c/d
= 2500 m (LCM)

I used my new goggles this morning for the second time. I think that I'll back to the old ones for B2B.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.33 miles
  • 17.81 Mi/hr

Shearon Harris

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Evening stretch n roll

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

morning stretch out before heading to the pool

√ Ride tonight!

Made it over 5000 miles tonight. 

I've mentioned taking Coursera classes here before and I thought it was past due for an update.  I just completed a class called Generation Rx.  It was very good.  I think that I must not have read the course description too well (oops!) because it wasn't want I expected (it's about the prescription drug abuse problem) but the instructor was so awesome that I stayed for it.  ;-)

I'm about to finish up a class on Google -- Understanding the Media by Understanding Google.  This is also a good class.  It's about how Google has changed the media industry, newspapers in particular and how Google makes money (AdWords, etc.).  The content is good but its a bit time consuming.  Also, he requires that we post to forums and I hate that.  Odd since I have not problems posting to BT!

Finally, I'm just starting Securing Digital Democracy.  This is a computer security class as seen through the lens of voting machines.  The instructor is one of the guys that discredited Diebold voting machines.  It's been fun so far in a No Way! kind of way.  For example, do you think that if you encrypted files on voting machines that you'd use a different private key for each machine or one private key for all of the machines? If you had a lock over the memory card slot, would you use one key for all of the locks or a different key for each lock?  Would you put a high res picture of the key on your website that clearly shows the key number?  Doh!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 48m 58s
  • 14.59 miles
  • 17.90 Mi/hr

Old 1 to New Hill Post Office

Run
  • 17m 31s
  • 1.97 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Grabbed Emma for a short run around neighborhood

√ Ride tonight!  Then a wee run with Emma!

New Hill Post Offce

Today's turnaround point.

Emma after the run

Emma after the run.  "Let me in already! I'm thirsty!"

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75
Swim
  • 1h 04m 10s
  • 2515.31 yards
  • -----

300 w/u with spot forwards
200 pull
100 kick
-
Three rounds
200 pull
50 drill (finger tip drag, catch-up, fist)
100 stroke per distance
150 fast (descending each round)
-
200 c/d
= 2300 meters (LCM)

Run
  • 46m 21s
  • 5.28 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi

Library-Park loop

6x1 min strides with 1 min between mid run

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 15m

Pre swim core workout

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Run tonight!

We actually saw the bright orb in the sky today!  If memory serves, it is often referred to as The Sun.  It's been a loonnngggg time since we saw it around here -- Saturday October 5th!  I think that a nice pleasant high pressure system be trapped over NC for the next two weeks to make up for it!  You know, one with pretty blue skies, no wind...

Get out there and make your dreams happen!

Today's Gratitude:  Today I am happy that I got a peak at the sun!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 38m 43s

Early morning walk with Emma. A quick glance at this week's training reminded me that this is a big week for Emma. She's going to be helping me with my runs several times.

An article by my aunt that was in yesterday's NY Times

The Tastemakers: In Pursuit of the World’s Finest Restaurants

Run
  • 1h 32m 43s
  • 10.25 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

Olive Chapel-Apex BBQ

Canes pregame skate

Pregame skate from today's game.  I enjoyed the first two periods a lot more than the third!  I sure hope that Khudobin isn't seriously injured.  Glad to see Ruutu back.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 3h 09m 04s
  • 59.01 miles
  • 18.73 Mi/hr

LTF Ride - Lystra route

We were riding on Old Lystra and passed this.

heads on a stick

Yes, you are seeing that correctly -- heads on a stick.

bag of heads

And also a bag of heads.  Someone in the group quipped, "That's the last group of cyclists that came through here."

Full disclosure, I went back to show the heads to Kevin and took the pictures then, not during the ride.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25
Sport
  • Walking
  • 37m 02s

Early morning walk with Emma. I got up and checked the temperature after letting Emma out for her constitutional. 59 degrees. That's better than was forecast! I went upstairs and put on walking cloths and shoes, checked the radar. Nothing. Confirmed that it was also 59 and the airport. Then I went back downstairs, grabbed Emma's leash and we were off. Oh, heavy mist. Emma like's this weather. I'm ready for it to move on.

I talked to the fine folks at Impact and they said they can just reorder my orthotics and that they do not need to recast my feet and that has been done.  I'm hoping to start using them right after B2B.

In other news, I brought the red bike to work with me today.  I plan to stop by Inside-Out about the saddle on the way home.  I brought red into the office with me to keep it safe and warm and dry.  Mostly safe.

Create a happy place

Today's Gratitude:  Today I am thankful for the local tri community.  When I went to return the Terry saddle, not only was Mike at IOS very helpful with swapping out the saddle, taking care to keep the fit measurements, but he also recommended a different saddle (Specialized Lithia) to me.  They did not have it in stock but they are ordering it for the store and I can give it a tryout after B2B.  They were just super nice about the whole thing and I felt supported.

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • Commitment Day 5k (Run)
    1/1/2015 Cary, North Carolina
  • Dasani Myrtle Beach Half Marathon (Run)
    2/14/2015 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
  • Shamrock Marathon (Run)
    3/22/2015 Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • December's totals
  • November's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals