• 37m 24s

Early morning walk with Emma

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 05m 19s
  • 7.50 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

Waterford Green-Haddon Hall

Beautiful morning for a run! The sun was just coming up and it was 51 degrees with no wind and virtually no cars on the road. Fun times!

Also, I was able to test out the shirt that I plan to leave in my run special needs bag.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 34m 12s
  • 27.71 miles
  • 17.70 Mi/hr

Olive Chapel-Tody Goodwin

Run
  • 21m 49s
  • 2.44 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

Neighborhood run with Emma.

Swim
  • 17m 54s
  • 874.89 yards
  • -----

I went out to Lake Jordan and swam at Ebenezer Church. The parking lot was empty -- expect of a half dozen or so other swimmers ;-) First wetsuit swim since Lake Logan.

I finished my workout stuff by about noon.  Kevin planned to be in Brevard this weekend but he crashed his bike on Thursday and cut his leg, requiring a few stitches. He was told that he cannot ride for a few days so the trip was off.  We ran a few errands in the afternoon, went to Carrboro for a bit, and then watched the Canes game at night.

I also got my SBR and SN bags out.  I've used the same 2 gallon bags the last two years.  Bike SN is done.  I have to do laundry to finish the rest but I made a good dent in it.  I also managed to locate some throw away shoes and a top for before the race (it's donation-wear or trash, we don't get the pre race stuff back).  I'd like to get something more than a LS tee for before the race and I've asked Kevin to see if he has anything that he's about to get rid of.  Otherwise, it'll be a $6 sweatshirt.  If I want something other than tri shorts in the morning, I'll be sporting some purple sweat pants.  Very high fashion!

Pre-swim:  “throw away” shoes and “throw away” sweatshirt.  These items will not be returned.  (bring goggles, swim cap, wetsuit, lube)

T1: bike shoes, dry tri shorts, arm warmers, short sleeved jersey, socks, possibly a vest (or possibly a zip lock bag to put under my jersey and dump at the first water stop), sportshield, chamois cream, towel (helmet, gloves, headsweats liner at bike; nutrition/hydration on bike). Remember to bring nutrition and water bottles with you on race morning.

Bike Special Needs:  CO2 cartridges, spare tube, extra nutrition (in case I drop something), extra chamois cream <- this bag may not be returned

T2: running shoes, running socks, hat, race belt, tri top, sportshield (roll on), tylenol (plus one in race belt)

Run Special Needs: Long sleeve shirt, sportshield (wipe), glasses case (will drop off sunglasses and get shirt)

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Walking
  • 37m 57s

Early morning walk with Emma. What a gorgeous morning! 63 degrees, low humidity, beautiful full moon...

√ Sports massage today!

Tri bike collected from Cycle Surgeon and all spiffy for B2B.

Swim
  • 1h 14m 05s
  • 2734.03 yards
  • 02m 43s /100 yards

300 w/u with spot forwards
2 x 50 kick
2 x 100 (50 drill, 50 swim), drill = 6/3/6
2 x 200 pull
4 x 50 @ 15 descending
4 x 100 @ 20 moderate
4 x 50 @ 30 fast
4 x 50 @ 15 descending
4 x 100 @ 20 moderate
100 pull c/d
= 2500 m (LCM)

I used my new goggles this morning for the second time. I think that I'll back to the old ones for B2B.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.33 miles
  • 17.81 Mi/hr

Shearon Harris

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Evening stretch n roll

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

morning stretch out before heading to the pool

√ Ride tonight!

Made it over 5000 miles tonight. 

I've mentioned taking Coursera classes here before and I thought it was past due for an update.  I just completed a class called Generation Rx.  It was very good.  I think that I must not have read the course description too well (oops!) because it wasn't want I expected (it's about the prescription drug abuse problem) but the instructor was so awesome that I stayed for it.  ;-)

I'm about to finish up a class on Google -- Understanding the Media by Understanding Google.  This is also a good class.  It's about how Google has changed the media industry, newspapers in particular and how Google makes money (AdWords, etc.).  The content is good but its a bit time consuming.  Also, he requires that we post to forums and I hate that.  Odd since I have not problems posting to BT!

Finally, I'm just starting Securing Digital Democracy.  This is a computer security class as seen through the lens of voting machines.  The instructor is one of the guys that discredited Diebold voting machines.  It's been fun so far in a No Way! kind of way.  For example, do you think that if you encrypted files on voting machines that you'd use a different private key for each machine or one private key for all of the machines? If you had a lock over the memory card slot, would you use one key for all of the locks or a different key for each lock?  Would you put a high res picture of the key on your website that clearly shows the key number?  Doh!

Bike
  • 48m 58s
  • 14.59 miles
  • 17.90 Mi/hr

Old 1 to New Hill Post Office

Run
  • 17m 31s
  • 1.97 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Grabbed Emma for a short run around neighborhood

√ Ride tonight!  Then a wee run with Emma!

New Hill Post Offce

Today's turnaround point.

Emma after the run

Emma after the run.  "Let me in already! I'm thirsty!"

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75
Swim
  • 1h 04m 10s
  • 2515.31 yards
  • -----

300 w/u with spot forwards
200 pull
100 kick
-
Three rounds
200 pull
50 drill (finger tip drag, catch-up, fist)
100 stroke per distance
150 fast (descending each round)
-
200 c/d
= 2300 meters (LCM)

Run
  • 46m 21s
  • 5.28 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi

Library-Park loop

6x1 min strides with 1 min between mid run

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 15m

Pre swim core workout

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Run tonight!

We actually saw the bright orb in the sky today!  If memory serves, it is often referred to as The Sun.  It's been a loonnngggg time since we saw it around here -- Saturday October 5th!  I think that a nice pleasant high pressure system be trapped over NC for the next two weeks to make up for it!  You know, one with pretty blue skies, no wind...

Get out there and make your dreams happen!

Today's Gratitude:  Today I am happy that I got a peak at the sun!

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon (Run)
    11/16/2014 Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roll Raleigh Half Marathon (Run)
    4/12/2015 Raleigh, North Carolina
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals