• 4h 54m 35s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 11m 14s /Mi

Friday - October 25

Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Just a short dip in Masonboro Inlet near the Coast Guard station. Lots of other triathletes were there!

Short splash this morning, I then Deployment of the Bags, car pre race meeting and pizza.

Ready to rock this!

Saw Monica and Tony from across the room at the athletes' meeting but by the time I got over to them the we're gone.

The RD said the water temperature is currently 71.

I think that all of my checking and rechecking and re-rechecking may be driving Kevin up a wall. I'm just nervous about forgetting some necessity. What if I forgot arm warmers/socks/gloves?

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Thursday - October 24

Bike
  • 24m 04s
  • 5.71 miles
  • 14.23 Mi/hr

Easy bike ride through the neighborhood, out to the high school and back via the Shepherd's Vineyard greenway.

Run
  • 10m 26s
  • 1.12 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Super easy run through the neighborhood with a few strides.

Loading the car and heading to Wilmington.  Will probably "go dark" until after B2B.  Thanks for all of your support and kind thoughts.  Now it's time to kick some assets.

I've been in town eight hours and already hit Port City Java twice! Oh my!

Previewed bike course you refresh my memory. Then I picked up my packet (Monica said she was still an hour from Wilmington so we missed each other).

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Wednesday - October 23

Bike
  • 1h 00m 59s
  • 15.13 miles
  • 14.89 Mi/hr

Easy rider... I went out on Tingen and then took Friendship to Old 1 and meandered home.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretch and roll

√ Ride tonight

Be fearless

Maija is suggestion that I eat about twice as much pre-race as I had planned.  Then during the race I'm planning on 200-250 calories per hour on the bike, concentrating a higher percentage mid ride to help avoid bloat and slosh on the run.  For the run 100 calories per 45 min + fluids.

Gear was washed yesterday.  I left it hanging to dry overnight and I'll get it into it's proper gear bag tonight. 

Emma is getting dropped at the sitter's tomorrow.

Checking the forecast for Saturday. Again.  (BTW, NW wind is good, kinda cross headwind on the way out and tailwind to T2.)

Accuweather         39/63/42        4 mph NW

Weather.com         36/62/43        6 mph NW

Weather Underground 43/61/48        5-10 mph N shifting to W

Part of the discrepancy is the inland forecast versus the coastal forecast. Overall, I'm happy with this.  I'll have to look at the hourly forecast on Friday to decide on vest of no vest (which would mean shoving a zip lock back under my jersey at the beginning.  I'll figure it out once I see how quickly it's expected to warm up.  Right now Accuweather has the RealFeel going above 60 at noon and to 70 by 2:00.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Tuesday - October 22

Run
  • 30m 17s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi

Today's training plan called for a 30 minute easy run with 5 x 30 sec strides with 30 seconds between. I decided that since it was designated easy, I'd bring Em with me. I generally take her on runs 20 minutes or less otherwise. I wasn't sure how she'd like the strides but she enjoyed them. The first one I said, "Let's go!" and at the end of it I said, "Ea-sy!" The second one she picked right up on it! Good Emma!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretch and roll

√ Short easy run tonight

Keep believing in yourself and your dreams

I also need to start building the info packet for Kevin.  I always put all of the race info together for him so he knows what the heck is going on.  Just because I've been totally immersed in this doesn't mean that he has been.  Plus I think that his mind reading ability is iffy at best.

I put together my "dream race" timing.  Stressful putting it on paper.

Laundry also needs to get done so that I can finish packing.  It looks like my be decision will be vest or no vest (on the bike).  What say you?  I'll probably wait for the hourly forecast to come out.  Right now the high is forecast for low 60s but trending downward.

Chris asked about the weather so I checked again

Source the low Friday/high Saturday/low Saturday followed by wind info

Weather Channel     37/63/39  10 NW

Accuweather         39/64/40  5 NW

Weather Underground 43/57/46  5-15 NNW

As you can see, Weather Underground is the real outlier here. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Monday - October 21

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretch and roll

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 37m 24s

Early morning walk with Emma

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Sunday - October 20

Run
  • 1h 05m 19s
  • 7.50 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

Waterford Green-Haddon Hall

Beautiful morning for a run! The sun was just coming up and it was 51 degrees with no wind and virtually no cars on the road. Fun times!

Also, I was able to test out the shirt that I plan to leave in my run special needs bag.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

jmkizer's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance