Thundery outbreaks in nearby
High 94F
Low 66F

Monday - November 4

Bike
  • 1h 30m 12s
  • 25.50 miles
  • 17.00 Mi/hr

Easy spin at the gym. First spin class since about early April. Over the summer they got new spin bikes at the gym and today was the first time that I used them. They have computers now-- track speed, cadence, some kind of power, HRM, etc. Kinda neat.

To be clear, this is on the bikes used for spin class, not the exercise bikes on the cardio floor.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Tonight I tried the "yoga for athletes" class at the gym. This was several repetitions of a series involving a lot of hip openers. Overall, I think that I liked the yin yoga class better. For lack of a better way of putting it, the yin class seemed less judgemental.

power sensor from bike computer

I left home very early this morning to get the 90 minutes on the bike done before work.  The problem with this is that I am a single parent this week so I will have to run home at lunch to let Emma pee.  I think that she would appreciate that!

With Kevin out of town and me on week two of recovery before diving into a run focused few months, I think that I may spend some time this week doing a sampler or the yoga classes available through my gym. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.25

Sunday - November 3

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Yin yoga class. Lots of deep stretching, especially hips. Tadpole, half frog, swan and sleeping swan, seal, saddle, dragon series, etc.

See the whole album in G+

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Saturday - November 2

Bike
  • 1h 00m 43s
  • 13.41 miles
  • 13.25 Mi/hr

Bond Park and White Oak Creek Greenway. Beautiful fall day! The leaves must be at peak color now. I may go back to Bond Park with Emma tomorrow and do a photo shoot. I'm sure that she'll be trilled :-/

OK, enough of being a slug. I've about had it with the recovery stuff.  b-o-r-i-n-g  

I mean, yeah, it was a beautiful fall day and I had a nice greenway ride.  I'm just feeling really antsy.  

Dropped off Kevin, and our friend Chuck, at the airport today.  They are flying out to Utah and meeting a third person for some Moab adventure.

Following my master's swim friend at IM Florida (2057).  Go Brad!  Also keeping track of Socks (505).  Go Socks!

Turtles sunning themselves

Turtles sunning themselves

Fall in Bond Park

Fall in Bond Park

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Friday - November 1

Sport
  • Walking
  • 37m 58s

Early morning walk with Emma

My mom's 70th birthday was last Sunday.  She and my dad went to Asheville to celebrate it.  Kevin and I are taking them to dinner tonight to continue the party.

(before you go thinking that i'm a bad daughter signing up for an ironman the weekend of my mom's 70th birthday, please know that i did check with her before registering for b2b)

Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals.

Thursday - October 31

Bike
  • 1h 04m 43s
  • 13.40 miles
  • 12.42 Mi/hr

Greenway ride -- mostly Rocky Branch and Walnut Creek.

Ride tonight!  Another greenway tour is on tap.

Cool socks!  I saw it on a dog agility site but hey, it works for me!

Notes to Self socks

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

Wednesday - October 30

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 53m 21s

Downtown walk with Emma.

After B2B, I had a blister on my left foot -- under a toenail.  Yes, I do have special talents.  I felt it forming towards the end of the first lap on Saturday's run but after the initial -- "Oh now!  A blister and more than a half marathon to go!" it didn't bother me at all.  I crossed the finish line, Kevin walked with me to the athletes refeed zone or whatever they call it and between the finish line and the food, it started to act up in a major way.  Thank you foot for waiting!

The toe looked red and inflamed on Saturday night and by Sunday night I could see the blister under there.  I drained it a few times and I have been wearing clogs to work this week to keep it protected from inadvertent bumps (I am kind of a klutz).  As of today, it is no longer sore or painful.  Good news :-)

I have some chafing under my arms and that is healing up as well.  It should be fine by Saturday or so.  I've been putting Aquaphor lotion on it at night - it's kinda goopy so I'm keeping it away from work cloths even though I don't really dress up for work.

Emma

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Tuesday - October 29

Bike
  • 50m 52s
  • 10.27 miles
  • 12.11 Mi/hr

Reedy Creek Trail

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Evening stretch n roll

√ Short easy ride after work.  I brought my cross bike to work with me since there is a greenway near here.  The bike is on the loading dock for now.

Cross bike at rest

Bike resting in museum park

√ I also plan to pick up my orthotics at lunch today.

Kevin's getting really excited about his Moab trip next week.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

jmkizer's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance