Monday - July 22

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 05m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 37m 45s

Early morning walk with Emma

I know a few people who run in Hokas.  I thought this review was interesting.

Hoka review

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Sunday - July 21

Run
  • 2h 03m 49s
  • 13.11 miles
  • 09m 26s /Mi

I'm pretty happy with this run, especially considering the conditions. It was not that hot -- high 70s -- but it was 91% humidity when I left and I was just soaked and literally dripping when I got home. In fact, I finished up near the end of my neighborhood and as I was walking home, dog walkers were looking at me askance.

A few weeks ago I got some new running shorts -- you know, when I went to the tri store to buy fins and walked out with shorts?  I really love them.  They are Mizuno Mustang Drylite shorts.  The only problem is the only kind Inside Out had was with pink on the side.  That limits my options for tops that don't look horrid with it.  I know that it's not a fashion show but I still like to look halfway coordinated.  

I found out that Mizuno makes some with a black pattern on the side.  Neither Fleet Feet nor Inside Out had them (double checked today) so I ordered them from Running Warehouse.  I also noticed that they have the Brooks Ghost 5s on closeout.  I'm about 3-4 weeks from needing a new pair of shoes so I went head and ordered them as well.   And I'll be honest here -- since I had the credit card out, I went ahead and ordered replacement DeSoto 400 mile shorts (IOS no longer carries DeSoto stuff -- boo!).

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5

Saturday - July 20

Bike
  • 4h 00m 39s
  • 74.02 miles
  • 18.46 Mi/hr

CSH ride. Good group on this overcast morning. More wind that usual (10-15 mph) for this time of year. The clouds kept the temperatures more reasonable. It was only 85 when I got off the bike. I rode just over 15 miles on my way to the shop and took the 6 mile route back.

It sounds like we'll have a good group for Cup n Cone next weekend. Doug and Karen are definitely in and it sounds like Tom Wood, Chris, Joan, and Laurie will all be there as well.

Watch Teen Beach Movie last night.  Enjoyed it.

Emma and I met my parents for coffee at Sola.  Yum!

Latte at Sola

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25

Friday - July 19

Sport
  • Walking
  • 38m 21s

Early morning walk with Emma. I have off today but Em didn't know that. She got me up about 30 minutes after the alarm would have gone off. Since I was going to get up and let her out anyway, I went ahead and walked with her as well. It's only going to get hotter and I didn't want to let her down ;-)

Last night I wore my new cycling top for the first time.  I picked it up on sale at REI.  It looks like the color is a closeout.  Anyway, I liked it a lot.  It's long enough that it never feels like it's going to ride up and I really like the fabrics that Skirt Sports uses.  The back pocket has a nice reflective detail.  The only knock that I have on it is that it only has one pocket so I wouldn't wear it on really long rides where I need to haul stuff, you know?   

Sexy Back Tank

Zipline today!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.25

Thursday - July 18

Swim
  • 1h 09m 36s
  • 2624.67 yards
  • -----

400 w/u
4 x (100 pull, 100 kick, 100 choice)
-
50 fast @ 10
50 easy @ 10
100 weak (focus on weak part of stroke)
100 moderate
-
50 kick (no board)
150 c/d (still wearing fins)
= 2400 meters

Long course Thursday continues!

Bike
  • 2h 05m 05s
  • 37.25 miles
  • 17.87 Mi/hr

Beaver Creek-Martha's Chapel-Davis. Nice ride tonight. Some storms were popping up and it got windy out there but it only sprinkled on me for a short time. It was a bit odd because it would be really hot and juicy and then it would be cool and breezy and then hot again all on the same stretch of road. This evening's assignment: ride 2 hours (z2) with 15 min @ TT pace.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Ride tonight.

100 days until B2B!

Kevin is going out of town this weekend.  He's kayaking on the Pigeon on Saturday and riding is Tsali on Sunday.  After my ride tonight, I made him some brownies to take with him.  

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - July 17

Bike
  • 2h 14m 52s
  • 40.95 miles
  • 18.22 Mi/hr

Kelly Loop de Loop and T-storm Escape OMV ride. This was actually the route Ed did for last week when thunderstorms were in the forecast but since the ride was a wash out, we did the route this week. Too many bad roads and too much chipseal for my taste.

Run
  • 15m 25s
  • 1.62 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

Grabbed Em for a short run off the bike

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Ride tonight!

Get out there and make your dreams happen!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Tuesday - July 16

Swim
  • 59m 07s
  • 2350.00 yards
  • -----

200 pull
100 kick
-
175 steady, 75 build @ 20 (miscounted below)
2 x 200 (125 steady, 75 build each 25) @ 20
4 x 50 buld each 50 @ 20
2 x 200 @ 20 (second one faster than the first)
4 x 100 (easy, hard, easy, hard) @ 30
-
100 pull c/d
= 2350 yards

Run
  • 1h 05m 34s
  • 7.10 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

93 degrees. Didn't melt

The first 4.5 miles or so was pretty good and that included the speed work too. The last 2.5 miles involved too many hills and not enough shade. I must admit that I took advantage of a stop light to bring my heart rate down. I could probably have sped up to make the light but made no effort whatsoever to do so. I used the Seagroves Farm-Haddon Hall route today. I think that I'll switch things up a bit next time to address either the hills or shade.

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 15m

Pre swim core workout

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

√ Run tonight!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

jmkizer's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned

Time

Upcoming races

• Washington Olympic Triathlon (Triathlon)
    6/28/2014 Washington, North Carolina
  • Lake Logan Half (Triathlon)
    8/2/2014 Canton, North Carolina
  • Ironman Chattanooga (Triathlon)
    9/28/2014 Chattanooga, Tennessee

Totals

• April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals