-
100 pull (c/d)
= 2500 yards

Run
  • 48m 25s
  • 5.25 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

Library-Park loop

I must have gotten water in my ear this morning because my right ear felt like I was underwater the whole run. You know, the whole "ear popping" thing -- all through the run. Annoying. Otherwise, the run was uneventful ;-)

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 15m

Pre swim core workout

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

Run tonight

Rejoining the working world after a few days off.  I had a great time in western North Carolina!  It was a good break :-) 

√ I'll be posting a few more pictures soon.  Sadly, the "official" event photos are not so good.  The good news is that Kevin was there and he took some pictures.  It's just a matter of getting him to download them from his camera.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Monday - August 5

Sport
  • Walking
  • 32m

Waynesville walk with Emma

After I walked Em, we had breakfast and loaded up the car to head home.  Then it's grocery getting, etc. and back to the real world tomorrow.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25

Sunday - August 4

Bike
  • 1h 00m 40s
  • 14.57 miles
  • 14.41 Mi/hr

Post-event recovery ride. My plan was to find the greenway, get on it and ride to Lake Junaluska. The first part of the plan went well but I "lost" the "greenway" after maybe half a mile. Was it supposed to be sidewalk? If so, where were the markings?

Short recovery ride around Waynesville followed by a trip to Brevard and Hendersonville that included a short hike to Hoover Falls in Dupont State Forest with Emma and Kevin as well as a stop at Looking Glass Falls in Pisgah National Forest.

Sun coming over the mountains

I took this picture on my morning bike ride

Looking Glass Falls

Looking Glass Falls

Emma at Hooker Falls

Emma at Hooker Falls

Hooker Falls

Hooker Falls

Downtown Asheville

Downtown Asheville

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Saturday - August 3

Bike
  • 1h 16m 19s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.54 Mi/hr
Run
  • 57m 59s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi
Swim
  • 32m 48s
  • 1640.42 yards
  • 01m 60s /100 yards

Lake Logan done. It went well. I'll post details when the splits are available.

early morning!

o'dark thirty

Wave start
Wave start

Finishing

Finishing!

Emma at the hotel
Emma at the hotel

Friday - August 2

Sport
  • Walking
  • 36m 17s

Walk with Emma

I walked Emma this morning.  I need to finish gathering my gear for our trip.  We are heading towards Waynesville later this morning. It's about a five hour drive.

When we got to the Asheville area, we decided to head to the event site.  I wanted to refresh my memory of the course and the layout of the area so off to Lake Logan we went.  After checking out the swim and transition areas, we drove the bike course, went to check in and then headed to the hotel.

Lake Logan

Lake Logan

Stream feeding Lake Logan

Stream feeding Lake Logan

View from hotel

View from hotel

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

Thursday - August 1

Swim
  • 1h 07m 46s
  • 2843.39 yards
  • -----

400 w/u
100 kick

200 moderate @ 20
100 fast @ 20
100 easy @ 20
200 moderate @ 20
100 fast @ 20
100 easy @ 20

200 pull @ 20
4 x 50 fast @ 20
100 easy @ 20
200 pull @ 20
4 x 50 fast @ 20
100 easy @ 20

100 c/d (fins)
= 2600 meters

Long course Thursday continues!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

Wednesday - July 31

Bike
  • 2h 07m 56s
  • 40.11 miles
  • 18.81 Mi/hr

OMV group ride. Today's route was "Long and Straight (mostly)."

√ Ride tonight, hopefully outside!

Discover yourself.

BikeMS 2013 is coming up, please support me!

I find it hard asking someone to make a donation. I guess we all do. But, today I’m writing to you about a cause that’s important to me and a cause that I hope you will want to support.

In only one month -- on September 7-8th -- I will be riding 200 miles in the BikeMS: Historic New Bern Ride where I will be joining over 2,000 other cyclists in an event benefiting the  Eastern North Carolina Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  This two-day cycling event is a fundraising effort supporting the the MS Society's mission to end the devastating effects of this chronic, often disabling, disease of the central nervous system.

Just a few notes about Multiple Sclerosis:  MS is an autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system.  MS is not contagious and is not directly inherited; it is not considered a fatal  disease.   MS is a chronic and often disabling disease of the central nervous system, usually striking between the ages of 20-50.  Symptoms of the disease are unpredictable ranging from  tingling and numbness to paralysis and blindness.  There is no cure for MS yet, but several drugs can stop the course and/or symptoms in some patients.  While the progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease.  MS researchers have made extraordinary progress in the last few years searching for a cure and your contribution will help support these vital efforts. Funds will also be used to support local programs for people with MS and their families.

THIS IS WHY WE RIDE

Please, consider my request and make a difference.   This year I hope to raise over $1000 to fight MS. Your tax-deductible pledge will help me meet (and exceed) that goal, and give people with MS a brighter tomorrow.  Donations of every size are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated.
It’s easy. Just go to to http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/jmkizer2013.

Your support will mean so much to me and over 400,000 Americans living with MS. Can I count on your help?

Janyne

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75

jmkizer's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time