The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Rest day!!!  Maybe I'll do a little core (its been awhile!)  and some stretching later.  Going to Waterville Valley tomorrow to check out the next race venue.  Do a little swim/bike/rollerblade...gonna rest those calves/achille tendons

Swim
  • 41m
  • 1760.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

swam a little slower today coz i was with someone else

Happy to report Walden Pond is all clear of any angry fishermen!  Hahaha!  I am ready to increase the mileage to perhaps 1.5 miles next time.  Maybe over the weekend!

OK... I got off my lazy ass and did the race report!
Race: Escape the Cape Triathlon 

Run
  • 27m 45s
  • 2.78 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

w/u: 0.5 mile - 12 min/mile
1 mile at 8:50
0.4 mile as 5 intervals of 1 min at all out pace w/1 min rests in between
c/d: 1 mile at 12 min/mile then walked last 0.25 mile for a total of 3 miles

felt good to run.....but both archilles started to ache and I could feel an ache deep in the muscle of the right calf.....UGH! i just want to run!  Its been awhile since I have been in the gym...I think its time to go back and start doing the exercises that PT had given me last year.  Otherwise I may not make the olympic distance next month.    I had chosen a run heavy plan to follow but I think I will substitute the bike for the run and just back off on the run. 

Bike
  • 1h 38m
  • 26.73 miles
  • 16.37 Mi/hr
YAY! I got up and on the road by 4:30AM.  Rode out to Walden.....spent 15 minutes on the shore doing some yoga and then rode back.   My fingers are a little cold right now.   i think it was 54 degrees.    

Swim
  • 32m 18s
  • 1584.00 yards
  • 02m 02s /100 yards
Had to swim by the angry fisherman.   "Watch out for my lines!!!  They're right in front of you for christ's sake!  There's a whole lake here, have some courtesy!"   Maybe I should swim solo thru the center of the lake?  Course the 3 guys that were swimming next to me said something coz when I turned around at the end of the pond, they (the fishermen) were nowhere in sight!

Finally made it home!!!!  I love vacation but I also love home.   Hoping to get a swim in later but I am not sure if I will be able to.   Gotta do a little food shopping and other stuff.  So we'll see.  If not then tomorrow.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

At the beach

Seren's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • Spartan Sprint at Fenway Park (Adventure)
    11/15/2014 Boston, Massachusetts
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals