Monday - June 21

Swim
  • 49m 44s
  • 2640.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

deep tissue - very painful but afterwards I felt like a noodle!

Did 1.5 mile around Walden.  Felt great! Then promptly fell asleep at 8PM!!!!  See....I am a lightweight...Hahahahaha.  I used to stay up all night dancing and partying!  Yeah well not anymore!

PRE-BLOG
So the weekend was a bust training-wise.  Today I WILL get right back on the plan and go swim later today.   

Sunday - June 20

OMG!  I am such a light weight!!!  I went to a wedding last night, had one marguerita, stayed up til midnight and today I feel hungover!!!!  Unless I start feeling better by 10AM, I will not be driving 2 hours to the next race venue and riding 40 miles and rollerblading (resting those calves) 6 miles.    So Plan B is to go the the Pond and swim 2 miles!  But I must finish my coffee first!

Looks like I opted for Plan C - spending the day in bed, napping and watching movies!  Remind me NOT to drink again.   My last marguerita was on New Years Eve!!!

Saturday - June 19

Rest day!!!  Maybe I'll do a little core (its been awhile!)  and some stretching later.  Going to Waterville Valley tomorrow to check out the next race venue.  Do a little swim/bike/rollerblade...gonna rest those calves/achille tendons

Friday - June 18

Swim
  • 41m
  • 1760.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

swam a little slower today coz i was with someone else

Happy to report Walden Pond is all clear of any angry fishermen!  Hahaha!  I am ready to increase the mileage to perhaps 1.5 miles next time.  Maybe over the weekend!

OK... I got off my lazy ass and did the race report!
Race: Escape the Cape Triathlon 

Thursday - June 17

Run
  • 27m 45s
  • 2.78 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

w/u: 0.5 mile - 12 min/mile
1 mile at 8:50
0.4 mile as 5 intervals of 1 min at all out pace w/1 min rests in between
c/d: 1 mile at 12 min/mile then walked last 0.25 mile for a total of 3 miles

felt good to run.....but both archilles started to ache and I could feel an ache deep in the muscle of the right calf.....UGH! i just want to run!  Its been awhile since I have been in the gym...I think its time to go back and start doing the exercises that PT had given me last year.  Otherwise I may not make the olympic distance next month.    I had chosen a run heavy plan to follow but I think I will substitute the bike for the run and just back off on the run. 

Wednesday - June 16

Bike
  • 1h 38m
  • 26.73 miles
  • 16.37 Mi/hr
YAY! I got up and on the road by 4:30AM.  Rode out to Walden.....spent 15 minutes on the shore doing some yoga and then rode back.   My fingers are a little cold right now.   i think it was 54 degrees.    

Tuesday - June 15

Swim
  • 32m 18s
  • 1584.00 yards
  • 02m 02s /100 yards
Had to swim by the angry fisherman.   "Watch out for my lines!!!  They're right in front of you for christ's sake!  There's a whole lake here, have some courtesy!"   Maybe I should swim solo thru the center of the lake?  Course the 3 guys that were swimming next to me said something coz when I turned around at the end of the pond, they (the fishermen) were nowhere in sight!

Seren's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned