SATURDAY
Sunny
High 87F
Low 64F

Tuesday - June 29

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 45m

Determined now to be pain free and gumby-like!!!!

I was going to go to The Blue Hills this morning for hill repeats on the bike but decided to keep the healing from yesterday going and went for the stretch instead

Monday - June 28

Swim
  • -----
  • 1408.00 yards
  • -----

don't know the time. left the garmin at home

Sport
  • Massage
  • 2h 00m

deep tissue - anything but relaxing! Its like doing battle on the massage table to release all those friggin'knots. IT Band especially painful!

swamp thing and the inferi (the undead from Harry Potter) lurked just beneath the surface and the pond shark and the Loc Ness Monster were somewhere out in the middle of the pond.   Oh how the imagination goes at 5AM when your the only one at the waters edge.    More people came of course after I was done battling these creatures!!!!!

Sunday - June 27

Bike
  • 1h 14m
  • 20.58 miles
  • 16.69 Mi/hr

Black fly tri route. 1st 7 miles pure downhill bliss. Speeds up to 40 mph. Then 4 miles thru neighborhoods with some short steep hills then 9 miles of straight back up to the start. Mph down to 13 mph!!!

Run
  • 40m 41s
  • 3.94 miles
  • 10m 20s /Mi

Beautiful run. Mountains everywhere you look, quiet back streets, 2 single lane bridges over rushing rivers. Don't know where they are going to squeeze that last mile out of the run though

7AM - heading 2 hours north to check out the Black Fly Tri race course.  Planning for 2 loops on the bike (42 miles) and hoping to get the 5 mile run in but i'll have to see how my legs are treating me.  
Â

Saturday - June 26

Swim
  • 41m 15s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards
Heading out to swim with the Tri Team this morning.  - Great swim!  I could have kept going and going and going...except I had to get the hubby to an appointment this morning.  The team went on to run and I came home.

Friday - June 25

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 45m

5:30AM
Pure bliss!

Moved my swim to tomorrow with the Tri Team and went to the gym today.  Was gonna do some stretching and core but once I got into the stretching I just couldn't stop.  It felt sooooo good.   I remember a time when I was just a gumby....not anymore.  I need to incorporate more stretching into my routine.   I probably wouldn't get injured on the run if I did!

Thursday - June 24

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 26.70 miles
  • 15.26 Mi/hr
Dawn patrol on Storm this morning.  Observed 1 bunny, 1 deer, 1 LARGE turtle (turned out to be a rock!) and one raccoon!  Not bad for a morning ride. 

Just rechecked the distances on the Black Fly Tri...Anthony you were right!  1/2 mile swim, 21 mile bike and 5 mile run.    Piece of cake!  Well maybe not the run as that seems to be my worst sport.    Since resting my calves worked so well for me in the sprint...I think i will take my last run either on Jume 30 or July1 then rest!

Wednesday - June 23

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m
Dawn Patrol rained out this morning!  Booooo!  Decided to finish cleaning the garage from last month!  And do some stretching out there.   Did more cleaning than stretching.  Hoping to ride after work...like that's ever worked!!!  But one can hope!  Otherwise it will be an unscheduled day off - lord knows I could use it and ride dawn patrol tomorrow. 

Seren's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned