Sunny
High 89F
Low 64F

Monday - July 12

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

At a rest stop

Looks like we are cutting the vacation one day short.  Michael woke up not feeling well.  He has really pushed it these last few days and standing in the rain on Saturday for hours didn't help things.  The big question was does he just rest in the hotel all day and go home tomorrow or pack up and go home today?  I thought he would actually get more rest if we made the 2.5 hour drive home today.

Sunday - July 11

Bike
  • 37m
  • 9.00 miles
  • 14.59 Mi/hr

easy recovery ride. riding for the pure enjoyment of riding. I often forget what that is like. So often I go harder, faster, longer.

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 00m

Hiked the flume gorge with Michael. Nice easy 2 mile hike out to an area we often have gone ice climbing in winter. Wanted to see it in summer. I will post the side by side pictures when I get home next week.

Saturday - July 10

Swim
  • 07m 29s
  • 440.00 yards
  • 01m 42s /100 yards

they cut the swim down to 1/4 mile

Bike
  • 1h 11m 32s
  • 20.50 miles
  • 17.19 Mi/hr

driving rain made for decreased visibility and slippery conditions

Run
  • 50m 39s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

legs feeling like blocks of wood for first mile then the achilles tendons kicked in. I can't seem to catch a break on the run!

Overall: 326/404
AG:  9/14
Well at least the T-storms held off but not the downpours!  Rain pelting my eyes on the bike, but if I put the sunglasses on then I couldn't see.   Even though it was raining, I gunned it down the 7 miles downhill section.  My mantra....Stay upright, stay upright, stay upright!  It worked.  I think I hit 35 mph.   The rain held off the heat which was a good thing coz the day before was unbearable!

• RACE DAY: Black Fly Tri

Friday - July 9

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 00m

took the chairlift up Mt Snow then hiked over to a waterfall and had a picnic! Unfortunately I was too wasted afterward ( I guess the sun and heat got to me) to go for my swim and bike. I want to be well rested for tomorrow. Bib #192. There's a big bonfire tonight on the beach and s'mores!!!!

Thursday - July 8

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

Torturous but the noodle effect after is amazing.
Sorry everyone but I can't read the inspires from the iPhone. I used to but then I synced it with my computer and now I can't.

Wednesday - July 7

Bike
  • 1h 06m
  • 15.05 miles
  • 13.68 Mi/hr

rode out to prospect hill, only rode the hill once and came home. Even at 5AM the humidity was stifling

Is it 5PM yet?   Can't wait!  Vacation starts!!!!!!  Gotta finish packing tonight...pack the car...then tomorrow its off for an early AM chiro and massage appointment.  Then 2.5 hour drive  to Waterville Valley, NH! 

Tuesday - July 6

Swim
  • 31m 49s
  • 1700.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

across Walden Pond

So I woke up this morning feeling great but noticed 3 teeny scaabbed areas on the back of my hand.   So here is the back story.....Saturday I went to admit a patient.  I passed their apartment building several times coz it looked like a hole in the wall bar....probably was at one point.   When I finally realized where this patient lived I said to myself...you've got to be kidding!!!!   So the inside wasn't as bad as  I thought it would be but it was no Wellesley mansion thats for sure!!!!!   Anyway after I left, maybe 30 minutes later, the back of my hand started to itch and then hurt.   
Saturday night I had a nose bleed, Sunday while biking I had a nose bleed (could be unrelated) SUnday and Monday I was weak and dizzy......Bug bite?   Did I rub against something that I was allergic to and made those 3 teeny puncture marks by scratching?  I don't know......its just awfully suspicious!!!!

Anyway I deicded yesterday to let go the reins of the diet and went to IHOP and had NY cheesecake pancakes for breakfast....YUM!

Seren's Training Log

July 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned