I really should go to CF today, but I probably won't. It's open gym day, so no set workout. I always have a hard time motivating myself at open gym.

And also, the Packers are on Thursday Night Football tonight. Priorities, people. :)

• Crossfit
  • 20m

Warm up, then,

Front Squat: 3×82, 1×88, 3×82, 1×90, 3×82, 1×93

21 – 15 – 9:
Over-the-Bar Burpees
Thrusters (55)

Slightly less sore today. Not going to crossfit today or tomorrow due to some scheduling issues, so will have a couple more days for the soreness to go away.

I'm so sore. Like, so so SO sore. My quads and biceps are the worst, but everything hurts.

And I have this giant (3" across) bruise right above my left knee, and I have absolutely no idea how it got there. No recollection of hitting it or walking into something. But yet this big purple bruise. Weird.

• Crossfit
  • 1h 00m

Festivus Games

My pal Kelsey and I were team K2. We did 4 crossfit workouts over the course of about 4 hours. They were each pretty short, but very intense. We did well on the first one, placing 6th out of 21 teams in our division (novice female). Not as well on the rest. LOL Final rankings aren't posted yet, but if I had to guess, I'd say we'll end up around 15th or so.

It was really fun, and there were 7 teams from our gym there, so it was a good gym bonding day. Three of the teams took home some hardware, so that was great too. This is a competition that is geared toward novice and intermediate athletes, so it's more low key. Very well run (nice work, Crossfit Chanhassen!), and I'll likely go back next year.

P.S. Apparently one of the owners of Crossfit Chanhassen is James Denton, who used to be on Desperate Housewives. How did I not know this? And how did I miss getting a picture with him like several friends did? Boo for me!

kelpeng's Training Log

October 2016 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2016 totals
  • 2015 totals