• 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Guess on time. Ran with the dog. Been a long time. Ugh.

• Boot Camp Conditioning
  • 08m

Modified boot camp workout

• Crossfit
  • 15m

Introduction to using some of the weights (as opposed to just boot camp exercises)

10:00 AMRAP

10 back squats
10 box jumps

Finished exactly 7 rounds right at the bell

So, post boot camp whiner session:

For six weeks, I went to boot camp 3 nights a week (with the exception two of the weeks when I only went twice due to work), and then also did the daily squat challenge (starting at 35 the first day, working up to 85/day by the end), and we always had a weekend workout to do, and I did all of them. And I tracked my food intake for six weeks. And I quit drinking pop, cold turkey, during week 1 of boot camp.

And I gained 7 pounds.

Honestly, it was all I could do not to cry when I stepped on that scale at our post boot camp weigh-in/measurement session. I was SO disappointed. The coach was shocked as well. He said he thought for sure I'd lose a few just by virtue of giving up the pop, if nothing else.

I don't know. I have PCOS and insulin resistance, and I know this makes it very difficult to lose weight, but dammit, what else do I need to do??? Sigh.

Well, I know what I need to do. I basically have to eat very very few carbs. That's the party line for insulin resistance. But it's SO difficult. I love carbs. I eat far fewer than I used to, but apparently it's still not few enough.

So, I may or may not have had a "f*ck it, I'm going to eat whatever I want since it doesn't matter anyway" weekend, but now it's time to get back on the horse. Again.

kelpeng's Training Log

November 2015 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2015 totals
  • 2014 totals