Plantar fasciitis SUCKS.

Wednesday - August 14

Tuesday - August 13

Ok, so I've been trying really really really hard to eat better. WAY less sugar, FAR fewer carbs, etc. I tried the 21 Day Sugar Detox. I can't decide if it was a failure or not. I admit that there was not a single day of the 21 that I didn't eat at least one thing I wasn't supposed to. So if 100% compliance is the standard, then I failed. However, I did eat significantly less sugar than I normally would. I also lost about 3-4 pounds and am less bloated. So even though I didn't strictly adhere to the program, it was still a very valuable exercise for me. I'll probably give it another go shortly and see if I can do better on a second attempt.

One thing that makes it tough for me to comply with this kind of eating is the list of very common foods on the primal/paleo/caveman diet that I don't like/eat. Such as:

squash (except spaghetti squash, so anything made with zucchini--which is a LOT of recipes--is out)
avocado
seafood (except fish)
eggplant
mushrooms
sweet potatoes (!)

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. It's a texture thing with me. I simply can't eat anything that has a slimy/rubbery texture, and all of those fill into that category for me. Ok, not the sweet potatoes; I just don't like those. Never have.

So, it certainly makes it more difficult but not impossible of course.

That being said, since the 21 DSD is over, I'll be having a hot dog and some gelato at the Twins game tonight, thankyouverymuch. Laughing

Monday - August 12

Sport
  • Kettlebell
  • 45m

Sunday - August 11

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.28 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

First run in quite some time. Short but at least continuous.

Sport
  • Softball
  • 30m

Last game of the season. Sadly another loss. :( We didn't do so red hot this season, but it was still fun.

Ok, last week was kind of a waste, so this week will have to be better.

My arms are SUPER sore from steering that four wheeler yesterday.

Saturday - August 10

Sport
  • Snowmobiling
  • 30m

Ok, this wasn't snowmobiling. It was four wheeling, but when I thought about it, they are very similar form the standpoint of muscles used and work done.

We went about 40 miles and it certainly took longer than 30 minutes, but that's all I'm going to log.

Friday - August 9

Thursday - August 8

kelpeng's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time